September 25, 2018, 07:54:55 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 33463 times)

July 22, 2018, 03:36:44 PM
Reply #390

KoemansNumberTens

https://twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/status/1020602879172849664

That’s a dreadful price. Really bad business if true. Only Everton could make so many expensive mistakes in the transfer market. Mistakes we are still paying for as we’ve got half a squad of shite on massive contracts.... then practically give away 1 of the few we potentially got right

July 22, 2018, 03:43:54 PM
Reply #391

KoemansNumberTens

He admits in the comments he’s just passing on a story from a local paper and the tweet is almost 24 hours old so hopefully with no developments it’s not true

I’d sooner we sent him back on loan. Could get double that in 12 months. Seems like we are going to practically give away our best young player if the reports are true

July 22, 2018, 03:49:58 PM
Reply #392

Alanvideo

We're not selling him for 18m euros which equals  £16m. Even Everton are not that inept.
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 22, 2018, 07:17:44 PM
Reply #393

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
That’s a load of bollocks.

July 22, 2018, 08:21:52 PM
Reply #394

Normm

Just tell him he's staying.

Everton should just make it clear that no one will be sold until a player has less than two years left on the contract, unless EFC indicate otherwise. The manager rates Lookman highly and doesn't want to sell, so that should be the end of it - no matter what Lookman may think at the moment.

Most supporters want him to stay - that's very clear. He's still very young and needs time to adjust to the new set-up.

July 22, 2018, 08:56:26 PM
Reply #395

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Thing is, apart from Leipzig, Lookman hasn't said a thing about what's going on. I've not heard him say he wants to leave.

So all we are hearing is about a couple of bids and a mouthy Leipzig chairman.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 22, 2018, 09:32:33 PM
Reply #396

KoemansNumberTens

Thing is, apart from Leipzig, Lookman hasn't said a thing about what's going on. I've not heard him say he wants to leave.

Which is promising even if he does want to go. It looks like he might not kick up a fuss about it. Unless it’s been implied it’s in the pipeline

July 22, 2018, 09:34:51 PM
Reply #397

sam of the south

Experience tells me there is generally no smoke without fire
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 22, 2018, 10:00:46 PM
Reply #398

UnsyisaRhino

True but a playing being interested in a kove and that move going through are very different.

He might be happy either way and still be interested in the deal.

July 22, 2018, 10:11:06 PM
Reply #399

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Indeed. But we are well experienced in this. We had Lukaku for several years remember.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 22, 2018, 11:53:22 PM
Reply #400

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Silva did an interview with Myers earlier and made noises about wanting Lookman to stay.
Again, may all be posturing so they can get him to put a request in and forego his loyalty bonus. (Also, if we accept a bid and the buying club are offering less wages we actually leave ourselves open to "making up the difference").

July 23, 2018, 12:01:03 AM
Reply #401

KoemansNumberTens

Silva did an interview with Myers earlier and made noises about wanting Lookman to stay.
Again, may all be posturing so they can get him to put a request in and forego his loyalty bonus. (Also, if we accept a bid and the buying club are offering less wages we actually leave ourselves open to "making up the difference").

There’s no way we’d pay lookman something his contract doesn’t state to go. That only happens when you need the wage off the books

July 23, 2018, 12:12:18 AM
Reply #402

Paddockoldie

Call me a traditionalist but last time I looked he was under contract. He's not dictating how this goes. He hasn't asked to leave publicly, he hasn't spoken at all. RBL are stoking the fire so if anything they need slapping down. Marcel doesn't look underhand to me to be selling him whilst our manager says he wants him to stay. Saying that, wanting and is are two different things. Bottom line he isn't going anywhere unless we decide he is.

July 23, 2018, 01:24:18 AM
Reply #403

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

There’s no way we’d pay lookman something his contract doesn’t state to go. That only happens when you need the wage off the books

Ok, well, like people talking about transfer kitties and stuff, it's clear how you have just responded there that you're ignorant to how employment contracts work in football.

You say we wouldn't pay him if it isn't in his contract?
Well, his contract says we will pay him £xm a year for the next 3 years.
If we sell him, then it is us who have broken that contract and we would be liable for that. If he goes onto get gainful employment, then his claim is diminished by the amount he then earns. It's what did Leeds in and it's why were sueing the Dutch FA & Koeman.

If he hands a transfer request in then he forgoes any claim to said monies because it is him wanting to break the contract. It's the main reason we did what we did with people like Lescott and Rooney. We save/the player loses out loads of they formally request to leave.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:43:24 AM by Mick 1995 »

July 23, 2018, 01:25:43 AM
Reply #404

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
P.s. I'm aware some people get bent out of shape with the word ignorant. But that's their ignorance.

I use it in its literal form ("dont know") and there is no negative connotations in its use)