September 25, 2018, 03:03:10 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 33456 times)

July 30, 2018, 05:12:42 PM
Reply #435

Macca77

Beyond caring now, its obvious he wants to go, just hope we get some decent money for him.

July 30, 2018, 05:15:30 PM
Reply #436

Lxxx

Funny how anyone who doesn't actually play any games for us goes up in everyone's estimation.

July 30, 2018, 05:16:10 PM
Reply #437

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I donít blame him really but itís a shame. Will be lauded by the press for making a brave move abroad and have a feeling it will work out well for him.

Been rumours heís struggled to settle in Liverpool and that he club set him up in a hotel in town on his bill and heís been very lonely and not into it. Hope we learn from this to invest in the process of helping players settle into the club, city and culture.

Sure I read somewhere that we were actually really good at that stuff.

Maybe was only for foreign players though?

July 30, 2018, 05:20:43 PM
Reply #438

Sixx1402

If he really does want to go just loan him back to Leipzig for the full season with a recall option if we get bad injuries.

Jesus it's not rocket science
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 30, 2018, 05:23:31 PM
Reply #439

themilkycoffees

Funny how anyone who doesn't actually play any games for us goes up in everyone's estimation.

To be fair, I think we've seen enough to know he's got a bit about him. For example, he completely changed the game at Anfield in the FA Cup in January. A few flashes of brilliance for us and a decent return on goals/assists in Germany justifies people rating him the way they do IMO.

July 30, 2018, 05:24:40 PM
Reply #440

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
pretty gutted about this, going to be a star. :(
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

July 30, 2018, 05:27:42 PM
Reply #441

KoemansNumberTens

Heís comfortably our best prospect.

July 30, 2018, 05:27:44 PM
Reply #442

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

But on the other hand, he doesnt want to play for us, hes seen his arse and his titty lip has come out, and if we kept hold of him, he would be a lazy twat around the club. Richarlison by all accounts, is 100% focussed, works hard, and sweats blood - not to mention affects games consistently. Its a shame things went the way they did with Lookman, but we arent in a position to accept shit like this now, if we dont up our game and work with players that WANT to play for Everton, then things could get a bit messy in a transitional year or two.

July 30, 2018, 05:33:20 PM
Reply #443

MmmblueBernard

£35m plus a 50% sell on fee.

Bite yer hand off.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 30, 2018, 05:33:34 PM
Reply #444

GrantyBoy78

Bit of a shame but Iím not devastated. Has great potential but he wants to play and Iím not sure heís up to it yet, certainly not as a starter. Easy to say heís been mismanaged but he looked lost half the time he played for us. What is it with our fans and their belief that our fringe players are going to turn our fortunes?

July 30, 2018, 05:34:32 PM
Reply #445

KoemansNumberTens

But on the other hand, he doesnt want to play for us, hes seen his arse and his titty lip has come out, and if we kept hold of him, he would be a lazy twat around the club. Richarlison by all accounts, is 100% focussed, works hard, and sweats blood - not to mention affects games consistently. Its a shame things went the way they did with Lookman, but we arent in a position to accept shit like this now, if we dont up our game and work with players that WANT to play for Everton, then things could get a bit messy in a transitional year or two.

I think the issue isnít so much him going but the fee. Donít think anyone would be surprised if he put up much better numbers than the player who replaced him at what looks like twice the fee

A lot of us think heís a sure thing. Players whoíve had a good season in the championship have gone for more this summer

July 30, 2018, 05:38:53 PM
Reply #446

GrantyBoy78

Yeah, big sell-on clause.

If Lookman and Klassen tear it up over there, can we agree the Bundesliga is shite?

July 30, 2018, 05:41:08 PM
Reply #447

Ramjam

Yeah, big sell-on clause.

If Lookman and Klassen tear it up over there, can we agree the Bundesliga is shite?
Or thereís something wrong within our club
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 30, 2018, 05:43:17 PM
Reply #448

Lxxx

To be fair, I think we've seen enough to know he's got a bit about him. For example, he completely changed the game at Anfield in the FA Cup in January. A few flashes of brilliance for us and a decent return on goals/assists in Germany justifies people rating him the way they do IMO.

I mean in general. Besic's star rises the longer he doesn't play a game and people were championing Garbutt again last season. Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder it seems.

July 30, 2018, 05:47:27 PM
Reply #449

themilkycoffees

I mean in general. Besic's star rises the longer he doesn't play a game and people were championing Garbutt again last season. Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder it seems.

Agree in general. The Garbutt shouts were mad, considering failed loan moves at Wigan and Fulham. Think the Besic shouts born out of desperation because he's had a decent pre-season and of our huge lack of quality in CM.