December 07, 2019, 03:55:56 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 47358 times)

July 30, 2018, 10:51:27 PM
Reply #540

Evertonian in NC

Other people defended/supported that minimum price range LAST week, when we could argue that the bids being rumoured were just rumours.  Very few people thought we were getting a market offer 10-15 pages ago or so.

It's only now that it looks like it's actually happening that anyone is suddenly saying that 20m would be fine business.  Like I said, it's rationalization.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 30, 2018, 10:54:55 PM
Reply #541

Dr. Sponge

Itís all speculation, but if itís true he wants to go and his attitude is bad in training, then let him go and get the best deal possible. He has potential but heís not a massive loss to us. Richarlison is by far the better player.

July 30, 2018, 10:56:00 PM
Reply #542

dunkster

All these foreign teams know how we have to finish business early and use it against us. It's a fuckin disgrace that someone somewhere decided for us to conclude deals much earlier than anyone else.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 30, 2018, 11:01:13 PM
Reply #543

MmmblueBernard

Crazy talk. Absolute scenes.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 30, 2018, 11:06:55 PM
Reply #544

dunkster

Well I'm not talking crazy on this thread. I've no idea what's happening with Lookman  just pointing out that the Europeans can drag this way out when we need to get our shit in order.
Can we sell Bolasie before we know what's happening to Lookman?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

July 30, 2018, 11:09:38 PM
Reply #545

Ross

Canít see us getting anything over £20m for him thereís only ever been something like 25 transfers in the history of the Bundesliga that have breached that figure previously and the vast majority of them involved Bayern.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 30, 2018, 11:12:12 PM
Reply #546

dunkster

I'd want a sell on clause into the deal. If he becomes as big as some think he might he could go for big money. Would like a piece of that pie
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

July 30, 2018, 11:29:23 PM
Reply #547

Hesmenos

Other people defended/supported that minimum price range LAST week, when we could argue that the bids being rumoured were just rumours.  Very few people thought we were getting a market offer 10-15 pages ago or so.

It's only now that it looks like it's actually happening that anyone is suddenly saying that 20m would be fine business.  Like I said, it's rationalization.
I understand the sell on clause and I'm sure Leipzig would be OK with that. But to ask them for 35M for a kid who has played 1000 minutes of top flight football when nobody else seems interested in him is a kin to telling them he's not for sale.
Which is fine by me but you would then have to justify this valuation to the player by promising him that he will be a first choice for most games and probably also offering him a new contract which reflects how highly you value him. Especially if Lookman has already said that he wants to leave.

July 30, 2018, 11:39:40 PM
Reply #548

SANA_DR0

We're kind of going round in circles with this but I didn't say we should get rid of them, I said if we did most of them wouldn't be a miss. That's not just my opinion, that's a fact and not just at our club but all clubs, very few players make it to a top level and even less at the club they were in the academy at. Whether you like it or not, the majority of players knocking on the first team door won't get a game, not because of miss management or anything like that, just that they're simply not good enough.

I agree with most of us, apart from that they're not good enough, how can we tell they're not good enough, especially being in teams that where managed by negative managers..

thats all im saying.. i dont see the need to go and spend millions on players, when the (younger) players we have 'could' turn out to be just as good, given a manager and a DOF, who know how to train/improve/implement a style of play.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 30, 2018, 11:42:29 PM
Reply #549

Evertonian in NC

Our endpoint is being still quite short on attacking options, and on promising youth players close to the first XI.  Adding 20m doesn't come close to making up for that.  Turning 7.5 into 20, given the fee inflation over the same period of time, is not really a "tidy sum" at all, either.

Keep him another season, happy or not.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 30, 2018, 11:47:54 PM
Reply #550

Cereal Killer

It's not helping how much of a positive vibe Wolves and Fulham have been able to establish for the start of their return seasons, whilst we are stuck in muck.  Yet another pride injury, I suppose.

They are also both far, far richer than us, also without having pissed away a chunk of it last year

July 30, 2018, 11:51:45 PM
Reply #551

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
If £20m was such a bargain price for this cut and dried future £50m superstar then how come theres not a single link to another Premier League team at that price?

Surely Arsenal, Spurs, and even West Ham would be all over it as they'll have likely scouted him extensively as his career has progressed?

Even the likes of Fulham and Palace you'd think would at least give it a sniff, or Leicester or Southampton who both have wide attacking positions to fill following summer departures?

July 30, 2018, 11:52:51 PM
Reply #552

Gash

Global Moderator
I agree with most of us, apart from that they're not good enough, how can we tell they're not good enough, especially being in teams that where managed by negative managers..

I mean in general more than just the current players. Although the point still stands, the reality is that very few will have a career in the Premier League. And as I said earlier in the thread, it's all to easy to blame it on negative managers but the reality is that at any club in the league with any manager history has shown very few do make it at a high level and that's unlikely to change anytime soon.

July 30, 2018, 11:58:36 PM
Reply #553

Lxxx

Canít see us getting anything over £20m for him thereís only ever been something like 25 transfers in the history of the Bundesliga that have breached that figure previously and the vast majority of them involved Bayern.

Don't bring your rationality into all this hysteria, it's not welcome.

July 31, 2018, 12:20:23 AM
Reply #554

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We will keep him if he wants to stay as he has potential there is no bidding war though because he's shown nothing significant to say he's going to be the next big thing.