December 19, 2018, 06:04:23 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 37501 times)

August 01, 2018, 04:41:21 PM
Reply #600

Sixx1402

He's played both flanks. ANYWAY! FOUR FOUR FUCKING TWO! would fix it :)

Pickford

Coleman ----- Jags ----- CB ----- Digne

Lookman ----- Gana ----- Sig ----- Richarlison

Walcott ----- Tosun

Started off as a joke, but may actually look ok, with Gana (Drinkwater) deeper and Sig closer to the attack. Assuming we had a decent CB come in and full backs and widemen worked intelligently out of posession :) Would never happen as Silva will stick to his 4-3-3 :D

442 is probably the most balanced formation when you get the system right

I'm surprised not many teams use it anymore
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

August 01, 2018, 04:44:27 PM
Reply #601

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No way Lookman keeps a fit Walcott out. I could see the argument for playing Walcott through the middle and Lookman and Richarlison on the wings, but Walcott is streets ahead.

Walcott will keep himself out donít worry about it
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 01, 2018, 04:53:55 PM
Reply #602

sam of the south

Walcott will keep himself out donít worry about it

Injuries, you mean?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 01, 2018, 06:02:51 PM
Reply #603

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Injuries, you mean?

Yeah, missed 79 games over the last 5 seasons due to injuries, including a 280 day ACL injury.

Have to wonder when and how hard his physical cliff will be.

Iím being harsh on him though, practically a revelation when he joined. Iím just feeling very frustrated with the Lookman thing and taking it out on poor Theo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 01, 2018, 06:16:04 PM
Reply #604

sam of the south

Yeah, missed 79 games over the last 5 seasons due to injuries, including a 280 day ACL injury.

Have to wonder when and how hard his physical cliff will be.

Iím being harsh on him though, practically a revelation when he joined. Iím just feeling very frustrated with the Lookman thing and taking it out on poor Theo.

Iím 100% with you, particularly the last sentence.

The chance of having Richarlison, Lookman, Walcott as forward options is tantalising, and fucking annoying that it wonít happen.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 01, 2018, 06:24:52 PM
Reply #605

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Who exactly were we expecting Lookman to keep out of the starting 11 ? Walcott or Richarlison ?
He knows that he is a starter at Leipzig and a steady bench warmer with us, canít blame the kid.

He was on the bench for them a bunch too. He only started 6 games since he went there in January.

August 01, 2018, 06:28:42 PM
Reply #606

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Iím 100% with you, particularly the last sentence.

The chance of having Richarlison, Lookman, Walcott as forward options is tantalising, and fucking annoying that it wonít happen.

I'm not even so much bothered about Lookman, we'll find other players like him with potential. I'm just really hoping to see Theo and Richarlison in the same team together and have a feeling it might be some time before that happens. Like when I wanted to see Arteta and Fellaini in center midfield or Limpar and Kanchelskis on at the same time. Rarely if ever happened.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 01, 2018, 06:38:00 PM
Reply #607

Gary1878

442 is probably the most balanced formation when you get the system right

I'm surprised not many teams use it anymore

Primarily because you can counter teams easily with it using wingbacks or 4-5-1/4-1-4-1 and it has less defensive cover. It also stretches the midfield 4 if opposition fullbacks push on. IMO, Walcott is best used wide right, making late runs into the box from the wing.

August 01, 2018, 06:41:43 PM
Reply #608

Gary1878

I'm not even so much bothered about Lookman, we'll find other players like him with potential. I'm just really hoping to see Theo and Richarlison in the same team together and have a feeling it might be some time before that happens. Like when I wanted to see Arteta and Fellaini in center midfield or Limpar and Kanchelskis on at the same time. Rarely if ever happened.

I think it will happen a lot quicker than we think. Richarlison and Walcott are both hard working players willing to cover defensively. Even if it means sitting Schneiderlin 10 yards in front of the back 4 (he can't do much else anyway), we need to get both these guys in the wide positions.

August 01, 2018, 10:53:16 PM
Reply #609

Sixx1402

Primarily because you can counter teams easily with it using wingbacks or 4-5-1/4-1-4-1 and it has less defensive cover. It also stretches the midfield 4 if opposition fullbacks push on. IMO, Walcott is best used wide right, making late runs into the box from the wing.

Fair enough but didn't Leicester play 442 when they won the league? Not saying we should do it, just saying can be very balanced and effective if done right with the right players
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

August 02, 2018, 06:22:54 AM
Reply #610

dunkster

I think formations will turn back to 4-4-2 for many teams soon. The world cup showed how sitting back with 2 organised banks of 4 effectively stopped all the Spanish and Brazilian tip tap stuff.
Teams rarely have to contain 2 strikers nowadays as well.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

August 02, 2018, 07:06:20 AM
Reply #611

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I thought things went away from 442 due to the lack of quality strikers. Only seems to be a handful of them these days.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 02, 2018, 02:26:46 PM
Reply #612

Toddacelli

Really hope we keep Lookman.
He's the future.
Learn from Theo and get even better if poss.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 02, 2018, 02:31:39 PM
Reply #613

Hawkandro

The problem with Lookman, so I have been told, is that he has never liked it in Liverpool, and doesn't want to stay here as he feels he cannot settle. Apparently his attitude all summer has been highly questionable too, with Silva taking offence at it, especially after both Silva and Brands have stated they see him as an important part of the first-team.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

August 02, 2018, 02:35:59 PM
Reply #614

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
The problem with Lookman, so I have been told, is that he has never liked it in Liverpool, and doesn't want to stay here as he feels he cannot settle. Apparently his attitude all summer has been highly questionable too, with Silva taking offence at it, especially after both Silva and Brands have stated they see him as an important part of the first-team.

That all sounds very plausible.