December 17, 2018, 11:12:22 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 37473 times)

August 13, 2018, 03:38:51 PM
Reply #780

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Has any other club apart from Leipzig shown any interest in Lookman ? just asking like.

Not that Iím aware of and Iím sure we would have heard if an English club were in for him, strange really, you would have thought that his agent would have put it out there to generate some interest ?

August 13, 2018, 03:43:51 PM
Reply #781

Ramjam

Loan to Derby it is then
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 13, 2018, 03:57:17 PM
Reply #782

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Loan to Derby it is then

Would do him the world of good, become a star player there then come back next year and fight for a place.

August 13, 2018, 03:58:57 PM
Reply #783

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Would do him the world of good, become a star player there then come back next year and fight for a place.

Why would he make the drop down when heís already proven himself at a higher level?

August 13, 2018, 04:04:49 PM
Reply #784

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Why would he make the drop down when heís already proven himself at a higher level?

He might of proven himself in a league that has two dominant teams and a load of dross and if thatís where he wants to stay then up to him, should just put in a transfer request, we take the 20 mill and move on.

August 13, 2018, 04:16:17 PM
Reply #785

Bluedylan

He might of proven himself in a league that has two dominant teams and a load of dross and if thatís where he wants to stay then up to him, should just put in a transfer request, we take the 20 mill and move on.

That's spectacularly dismissive of the Bundesliga.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 13, 2018, 04:19:04 PM
Reply #786

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

I donít want to have this discussion again, but can we stop calling every league outside the premier league dross for absolute fucks sake.

Anyway, yeah, just sell him now. Have that 20/25 mil in the pot for January to get somebody better.

August 13, 2018, 04:21:39 PM
Reply #787

van der Meyde

Not that Iím aware of and Iím sure we would have heard if an English club were in for him, strange really, you would have thought that his agent would have put it out there to generate some interest ?
Not if the reason he wants to move is because he thinks not only is he likely to get more minutes at Leipzig but also that he's moving to a better team which will regularly compete in Europe.

There's no team in England that fulfils both of those requirements. Clubs lower down the table will know that he's not interested in moving there permanently. Similarly for most of the clubs above us because he's not at that level yet.

It's not really unusual that there aren't links/rumours of other teams really.

August 13, 2018, 04:21:57 PM
Reply #788

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
That's spectacularly dismissive of the Bundesliga.

Yes, not intended to be that extreme, just meant itís a less competitive league than the Premier League
but sentiment the same, if he wants to go there he should just put in a transfer request and Iím sure that the club will facilitate it. Lukaku took a drop down from Chelsea to West Brom and us before hitting the big time.

August 13, 2018, 04:37:41 PM
Reply #789

Ramjam

Why would he make the drop down when he's already proven himself at a higher level?
I think the lad needs a reality check, reading between the lines it seems like heís got an attitude problem, not good enough to be a regular starter for us or any team above us but seemingly to good to play for a team below our level in the prem or championship
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

August 13, 2018, 05:00:03 PM
Reply #790

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sell him, buy Lozano.

Richarlison Tosun Lozano

Bernard

Thatís a 3-season-in master league line up that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 13, 2018, 05:11:27 PM
Reply #791

Ross

Feels like people have no patience with young players anymore.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 13, 2018, 05:17:08 PM
Reply #792

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, we should be patient while he engineers a move away from the club.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 13, 2018, 05:19:32 PM
Reply #793

Lazarou

I can't see him getting much game time anytime soon the left wing/inside forward is pretty much sewn up by Richarlison and Bernard. I think we need a centre forward much more than a want away winger.

disclaimer: I personally have no knowledge if he wants away.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

August 13, 2018, 05:21:23 PM
Reply #794

Lxxx

Take the £20m or whatever it is and bank it. Add it to the pot with cash from Bolasie, Besic, Vlasic and the rest and suddenly our summer looks a whole lot better from a financial as well as a footballing level.

It's only when you look at it like this that our actual spend (not to be a net spend wanker) by the end of the month could well be buttons in Premier League terms if we're successful in moving players on. Take my hat off to Brands for this, shows the value in having a guy in the job who has actually done the role before.