December 06, 2019, 05:18:22 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 47319 times)

August 13, 2018, 05:23:27 PM
Reply #795

gizzblue

Feels like people have no patience with young players anymore.

Think our fingers got burnt with Ross tbh ....so we now have little or no time for people who don't wanna be here ...although we dont know the full story on Mola its not looking good after what Marco is saying  .
Born not made a blue .

August 13, 2018, 05:26:42 PM
Reply #796

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Feels like people have no patience with young players anymore.

Sorry but to me it seems like young player doesn’t have patience anymore with club that brought him up two divisions.

August 13, 2018, 05:31:59 PM
Reply #797

Ross

Yes, we should be patient while he engineers a move away from the club.

We’ve seen it before, been the other club as well, with more senior players and got past it. Think most acknowledge he’s a talented lad with a lot of potential, why wouldn’t you want to see him do well in blue?

Not like hes disappeared off on holiday and refusing to train or something.

Think our fingers got burnt with Ross tbh ....so we now have little or no time for people who don't wanna be here ...although we dont know the full story on Mola its not looking good after what Marco is saying.

Don’t think Silva has said much though has he? All I’ve read is he’s our player and staying, pretty standard stuff for a player linked with a move away really.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 13, 2018, 05:44:09 PM
Reply #798

Ross

Sorry but to me it seems like young player doesn’t have patience anymore with club that brought him up two divisions.

Say he does feel he’s better moving on who could blame him when we’ve spent about £70-90m on wingers since he came to the club himself? Even our record signing came in an played in his position and he’s never a winger.

Think it’s fair to say he’s a talented young lad with a lot of potential, why not hope to see the best of that here?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 13, 2018, 05:50:10 PM
Reply #799

Waltzer

Id be tempted to offer him a new contract then send him out on loan as I cant see him getting much game time at all

August 13, 2018, 05:50:25 PM
Reply #800

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Say he does feel he’s better moving on who could blame him when we’ve spent about £70-90m on wingers since he came to the club himself? Even our record signing came in an played in his position and he’s never a winger.

Think it’s fair to say he’s a talented young lad with a lot of potential, why not hope to see the best of that here?

Not a great believer in forlorn hope, of course I would have liked to see him succeed here but I don’t believe he has the patience to work hard and seize the chance when it comes along, he wants away so just needs to put in a transfer request and he can go.

August 13, 2018, 05:55:43 PM
Reply #801

Ross

Not a great believer in forlorn hope, of course I would have liked to see him succeed here but I don’t believe he has the patience to work hard and seize the chance when it comes along, he wants away so just needs to put in a transfer request and he can go.

For a person who seems to spend a great deal of his time on here demanding “proof” you're basing a lot of this on no evidence it seems.

August 13, 2018, 05:58:02 PM
Reply #802

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
For a person who seems to spend a great deal of his time on here demanding “proof” you're basing a lot of this on no evidence it seems.

Haven’t got a clue what you are talking about here so why don’t you just leave it.

August 13, 2018, 05:59:59 PM
Reply #803

AllyBlue14

Id be tempted to offer him a new contract then send him out on loan as I cant see him getting much game time at all

Problem with a new contract might be a) he wouldn't want to sign it and b) if he did sign it and presumably increase his wages, we'd probably put ourselves in a position where we would either have to subsidise a loan move because the other team can't afford/don't want to pay his wages, or keep hold of a player who is just a money drain because we're not even playing them (and we already have two of those in his position with Bolasie and Sandro, not to mention Mirallas, when he inevitably returns, and others such as McCarthy, Besic etc.).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 06:01:07 PM by AllyBlue14 »

August 13, 2018, 06:08:07 PM
Reply #804

Ross

Haven’t got a clue what you are talking about here so why don’t you just leave it.

Well you said he won’t work hard, you said he won’t seize his chance, you said he wants away and you said we’d let him go if he put in a transfer request. But there’s no evidence to back any of that up really is there.

August 13, 2018, 06:10:40 PM
Reply #805

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think it’s pretty obvious that he’s downed tools in training myself.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 13, 2018, 06:15:22 PM
Reply #806

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Think it’s pretty obvious that he’s downed tools in training myself.
Well that's the rumour and he refused to travel
Simply simply lovely

August 13, 2018, 06:17:03 PM
Reply #807

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Well you said he won’t work hard, you said he won’t seize his chance, you said he wants away and you said we’d let him go if he put in a transfer request. But there’s no evidence to back any of that up really is there.

I didn’t say he won’t work hard, I said I DONT BELIEVE HE HAS THE PATIENCE TO WORK HARD = my personal opinion, others may have a different opinion.
Rangnick has said in numerous tweets/interviews that “we want to make it a permanent signing and so does Ademola”  I have not seen a refutal  of this claim from Lookman, have you ?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 06:18:48 PM by Escla »

August 13, 2018, 06:21:30 PM
Reply #808

van der Meyde

Given I rate the lad, I'd like to see the club make a stand on this one.

Show the likes of Richarlison and Pickford etc that kicking up a fuss isn't enough to get you a move.

The buying club actually needs to offer enough money first.

August 13, 2018, 06:30:00 PM
Reply #809

gizzblue

We’ve seen it before, been the other club as well, with more senior players and got past it. Think most acknowledge he’s a talented lad with a lot of potential, why wouldn’t you want to see him do well in blue?

Not like hes disappeared off on holiday and refusing to train or something.

Don’t think Silva has said much though has he? All I’ve read is he’s our player and staying, pretty standard stuff for a player linked with a move away really.

Left out Silvas choice (stated) ..doesnt fill with confidence ...when he went on to say Dowell was left out due to numbers .
Born not made a blue .