October 18, 2018, 02:34:31 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 35125 times)

August 13, 2018, 06:31:51 PM
Reply #810

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Given I rate the lad, I'd like to see the club make a stand on this one.

Show the likes of Richarlison and Pickford etc that kicking up a fuss isn't enough to get you a move.

The buying club actually needs to offer enough money first.

This.

Leipzig want him that bad, they need to pay what we want.

He wants the move that bad, he must submit a transfer request.

Whatever happens, it sounds like he's screwed this season up for himself at least. Minimal appearances in pre-season, not getting games at all, so will be rusty for a good few months. So even if he does get his move, it's going to be a while before he gets up to speed.

Kind of like Swansea and Sigurddson last season.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 13, 2018, 06:31:58 PM
Reply #811

Ross

I didnít say he wonít work hard, I said I DONT BELIEVE HE HAS THE PATIENCE TO WORK HARD = my personal opinion, others may have a different opinion.
Rangnick has said in numerous tweets/interviews that ďwe want to make it a permanent signing and so does AdemolaĒ  I have not seen a refutal  of this claim from Lookman, have you ?

And youíve no evidence to back up the claim that he wonít work hard or seize his opportunity. In fact if anything the successful loan and public statements of intent from RB are a fair indication he is willing to work hard and seize an opportunity if and when it comes along.

Iíd have thought Lookman saying nothing is proof enough you of all people wouldnít be jumping to conclusions. But also donít you think itís much better to hear nothing off a player in cases like these rather then there family members or agents running to the media every other week belittling the club? 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 13, 2018, 06:36:39 PM
Reply #812

Ross

Left out Silvas choice (stated) ..doesnt fill with confidence ...when he went on to say Dowell was left out due to numbers .

Donít think heís had much of a pre season has he given the injury?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

August 13, 2018, 06:40:27 PM
Reply #813

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

What injury?

August 13, 2018, 06:43:30 PM
Reply #814

gizzblue

To his ego????....or is it his titty lip?...
Was he even injured?..... or is that more gueswork by the press?.

August 13, 2018, 06:44:48 PM
Reply #815

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

Come on now Ross. You can make an intelligent guess for why he has been left out. If he was coming back from injury (which i dont think there ever was) then Silva would have just said that.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

August 13, 2018, 06:48:31 PM
Reply #816

Lxxx

And youíve no evidence to back up the claim that he wonít work hard or seize his opportunity. In fact if anything the successful loan and public statements of intent from RB are a fair indication he is willing to work hard and seize an opportunity if and when it comes along.

Iíd have thought Lookman saying nothing is proof enough you of all people wouldnít be jumping to conclusions. But also donít you think itís much better to hear nothing off a player in cases like these rather then there family members or agents running to the media every other week belittling the club? 

Him and his family will probably have been told to keep their mouths shut in light of of jeopardising the payment(s) players forfeit when they make it clear they would like to leave the club. Or give him the benefit of the doubt he doesn't want to air this in public.
There is enough noise around this situation though to indicate there is something going on and the fact both Silva and Brands have both stated they want to keep him but we still aren't seeing him an Everton shirt means there is clearly an issue.

Appreciate you are sticking up for the lad and trying to add some balance but all the evidence, even if circumstantial, points to him wanting to leave and go to Germany.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 06:50:36 PM by Lxxx »

August 13, 2018, 06:51:17 PM
Reply #817

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Have you any proof that he was injured ?

August 13, 2018, 07:08:27 PM
Reply #818

Ross

What injury?

Happened after we played the Austrian pub team.

To his ego????....or is it his titty lip?...
Was he even injured?..... or is that more gueswork by the press?.

Yeah Silva said he took a knock.

Come on now Ross. You can make an intelligent guess for why he has been left out. If he was coming back from injury (which i dont think there ever was) then Silva would have just said that.

Silva did say it.

Have you any proof that he was injured ?

Haha now youíre back to being a stickler about proof! Here you go straight from Silva.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-winger-theo-walcott-expected-14927018

August 13, 2018, 07:14:12 PM
Reply #819

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Silva did say it.

Haha now youíre back to being a stickler about proof! Here you go straight from Silva.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-winger-theo-walcott-expected-14927018

A slight knock that occurred early in pre-season.

Iím not sure that wouldíve been enough to keep him out up until Saturday, or even the pre-season games.

August 13, 2018, 07:16:48 PM
Reply #820

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Iím pretty sure everyone would rather he stayed and did well here.

The only reason anyone might have mentioned losing patience or saying itíd be time to step up to the plate etc is because heís seemingly set on going to Leipzig.

Thatís fine from his point of view theyíre a decent club/ team and he seemingly will get more games there than here.

But itís not good from our point of view and thatís his choice.

August 13, 2018, 07:18:51 PM
Reply #821

Ross

A slight knock that occurred early in pre-season.

Iím not sure that wouldíve been enough to keep him out up until Saturday, or even the pre-season games.

Did Walcott get any more minutes than him pre season?

August 13, 2018, 07:39:21 PM
Reply #822

Bluedylan

It seems like Silva and Brands want to keep him, which I suppose is the most important thing.

People might say they are just keeping his price as high as possible, which is plausible, but everything we've heard from them both has suggested they would prefer to keep him and improve him.

If they're happy to do that, despite this speculation about his attitude not being amazing, I'm more than happy to trust that judgement. Lookman might not see it now, but Silva's apparent attention to detail and intense training sessions could be good for his development.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 13, 2018, 07:50:38 PM
Reply #823

gizzblue

Silva did say it.

Haha now you’re back to being a stickler about proof! Here you go straight from Silva.

A slight knock now takes three weeks to heal  :thumbsup: ...I smell a rat .

August 13, 2018, 08:21:59 PM
Reply #824

74Blue

It seems like Silva and Brands want to keep him, which I suppose is the most important thing.

People might say they are just keeping his price as high as possible, which is plausible, but everything we've heard from them both has suggested they would prefer to keep him and improve him.

If they're happy to do that, despite this speculation about his attitude not being amazing, I'm more than happy to trust that judgement. Lookman might not see it now, but Silva's apparent attention to detail and intense training sessions could be good for his development.
The funny thing is that the ones that they have already identified as surplis to requirements have either been shipped out or told that they have no future, so if they were looking to offload him, would they not have been a little morr open to dicussing RB's concrete offer on the table, or at least give them a price to start from?