October 17, 2018, 12:44:36 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 35105 times)

August 13, 2018, 08:30:56 PM
Reply #825

Toddacelli

So much guesswork on here.
Glad the season has started so we can see actions speak louder than words.
I'm not ready to read too much into him not starting the first game when we have too many in the squad, recent new additions and a new manager who has yet to see how his players perform for real in the PL.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 13, 2018, 08:30:57 PM
Reply #826

everton1952

He is possibly immature and should listen to the advice of the Everton staff. Anyway, unless Leipzig cough up a commercially sound bid then they can get stuffed, he stays put and learns to buckle down and prove himself.He might even make himself more marketable in the longer term. He is our player and that is that. 

August 13, 2018, 09:33:29 PM
Reply #827

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

A slight knock now takes three weeks to heal  :thumbsup: ...I smell a rat .

Walcott had his foot in a cast or one of those boot things over the summer. That sounds more than just a knock which is all Lookman apparently has. I see Walcott played Saturday.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 13, 2018, 09:38:53 PM
Reply #828

Evertonian in NC

I don't give a tin shit about how much German teams usually bid on players.

I care about how much it would cost Everton to replace a promising young winger of Lookman's calibre (who we clearly do NOT want to lose), and our own internal valuation.

We will not be bullied into selling on the cheap.  End of.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 13, 2018, 09:48:19 PM
Reply #829

stirlingblue

Since RB Leipzig seem to think players should cost less in Germany, letís give them Lookman an £20m for Timo Werner, they can even keep him until January

August 13, 2018, 09:51:17 PM
Reply #830

Alanvideo

Walcott had his foot in a cast or one of those boot things over the summer. That sounds more than just a knock which is all Lookman apparently has. I see Walcott played Saturday.
................who said Lookman has a knock ? he was  fit enough to come on as sub v. Valencia even though he didn't look arsed . He looked like a moody kid who din't want to join in the game.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 13, 2018, 10:35:34 PM
Reply #831

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
................who said Lookman has a knock ? he was  fit enough to come on as sub v. Valencia even though he didn't look arsed . He looked like a moody kid who din't want to join in the game.

It was the excuse branded all summer for Lookman's lack of minutes.

Only a couple more weeks until this is resolved one way or the other.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 13, 2018, 10:43:56 PM
Reply #832

ZVictorOne

If you look at the footage of Silva being introduced to the crowd before the Valencia game, Lookman is sat on the back row with his arms folded. Everyone else is clapping Silva, he looks like someone just slapped him.
ZVictorOne

August 13, 2018, 10:46:53 PM
Reply #833

Cereal Killer

I love a good session of body language assessment by our numerous experts  :thumbsup:

August 13, 2018, 10:50:55 PM
Reply #834

sam of the south

If you look at the footage of Silva being introduced to the crowd before the Valencia game, Lookman is sat on the back row with his arms folded. Everyone else is clapping Silva, he looks like someone just slapped him.

Really?

Thatís pretty unnecessary if true; Silva hasnít wronged him in any way, he should be gracious and clap like everyone else.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 13, 2018, 10:52:55 PM
Reply #835

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Really?

Thatís pretty unnecessary if true; Silva hasnít wronged him in any way, he should be gracious and clap like everyone else.

You would expect that kind of behaviour from an eight year old.

August 13, 2018, 10:55:22 PM
Reply #836

sam of the south

You would expect that kind of behaviour from an eight year old.

Yeah, as I said, if all the other players on the bench were applauding and he wasnít, then that is pretty unneccesary.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 13, 2018, 11:04:07 PM
Reply #837

Juanito

I saw that and the look on his face like he had just been given a detention. Then seeing him not in squad speaks volumes unfortunately.

August 13, 2018, 11:04:52 PM
Reply #838

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think you need to be an expert in body language to surmise that the likelihood is he wants to move.

It's surely now just a case of whether we're serious about keeping him and accepting the process of turning this situation around...or if we're going to sell him by the end of the European window. I think given the late recruitment, the latter is more likely.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:30:49 PM by blueToffee »

August 13, 2018, 11:42:19 PM
Reply #839

Gary1878

He is either a stubborn, immature boy, or is being advised poorly by his agent. He needs to stop thinking about a move and get his head down and start performing.

He has the talent to be something special, but talent doesn't mean shit if you don't work your balls off and have the mental strength alongside it when things aren't going your way.