December 09, 2019, 01:44:13 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 47406 times)

August 14, 2018, 03:21:09 PM
Reply #855

Lxxx

I hate this viewpoint. So arrogant, and ignorant.   

I donít think it was meant seriously.

August 14, 2018, 03:43:21 PM
Reply #856

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I hate this viewpoint. So arrogant, and ignorant.
Iím glad youíve taken offense.

But it really was only a joke.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 14, 2018, 05:03:59 PM
Reply #857

Jamokachi

Iím glad youíve taken offense.

Thanks. Hardly taken offence though, it's just not a very nice thing to say really, is it? Fair enough if it was meant as a joke. It's reflective of plenty I've read on here that isn't.

August 14, 2018, 05:06:20 PM
Reply #858

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What was the joke?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 14, 2018, 05:10:22 PM
Reply #859

Macca77

Internet Fiiiiigghhttt!!!

August 14, 2018, 05:27:47 PM
Reply #860

Jamokachi

What was the joke?

We ALL had a bad experience under Koeman/Allardyce (and we didn't get the luxury of going out on loan when Fat Boy was in charge), but none of us even thought for one second about leaving the club.

Neither do any of us get paid thousands each week to be part of it in some way.

He should thank his lucky fucking stars he has some semblance of a choice, because none of us poor bastards here do!

Gold.

August 14, 2018, 05:31:23 PM
Reply #861

van der Meyde

I agree with most of that but that's not really the same. Of course we need to keep bringing on young players whether that's through our academy or going down the leagues and getting other young players with potential but that's just the cycle of any team sport. As an individual though Lookman doesn't need replaced as there's nothing there to replace.
Yeah, we might be arguing about replacing from two different sides here. It's certainly not a Lukaku situation, where we've suddenly got to find 25 goals+assists a season.

I do firmly belive that his potential needs to be replaced though. We don't really have anyone in the academy with that kind of buzz around them right now either, so it's going to involve spending £20m+ (e.g. the Maddison and Torreira fees) on someone who's played plenty of games at a decent level.

If we've ultimately ended up spending money to swap Richarlison (whom I'm very happy with, don't get me wrong) for Lookman, the summer ends up looking worse and less intelligent for me. That's why I'm arguing for us holding out for more money because it's the market that we, as a Premier League club, have to operate in that should be important to us.

August 14, 2018, 05:37:05 PM
Reply #862

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Thanks. Hardly taken offence though, it's just not a very nice thing to say really, is it? Fair enough if it was meant as a joke. It's reflective of plenty I've read on here that isn't.

The only person who could possibly take offence out of that is Sam Allardyce when I called him Fat Boy, but after the 6 months of shit he gave us, I don't really give a fuck.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 14, 2018, 06:37:29 PM
Reply #863

Jamokachi

The only person who could possibly take offence out of that is Sam Allardyce when I called him Fat Boy, but after the 6 months of shit he gave us, I don't really give a fuck.

Nah, it was more the attitude displayed to our player. I know it's tongue in cheek, but I think others do actually harbour this ill feeling toward him. I hate seeing players seen only as commodities.

August 14, 2018, 06:58:18 PM
Reply #864

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, it was more the attitude displayed to our player. I know it's tongue in cheek, but I think others do actually harbour this ill feeling toward him. I hate seeing players seen only as commodities.

If he doesn't want to play for us, then people are of course going to be pissed. All indications appear that he doesn't want to play for us. He's under contract and if he wants to leave, he should be the one to forfeit any financial benefits that contract may include as he is technically breaking it by not having the right attitude to play.

If he wants out, then hand in a transfer request. It's that simple.

It's not personal, it's business.

August 14, 2018, 06:59:27 PM
Reply #865

Normm

At this stage, we don't sell our best players. We don't need the money, but we do need a squad that is capable of competing against the best. Lookman is young and will get chances to prove himself in the Prem. The club comes first.

Again, I back Marco's judgment about whether to include or exclude at this point in time. He still looks like a fourteen-year-old, but he had better not act like one. - I think he will come good and show his worth if he stays.

August 14, 2018, 07:13:54 PM
Reply #866

Jamokachi

All indications appear that he doesn't want to play for us. He's under contract and if he wants to leave, he should be the one to forfeit any financial benefits that contract may include as he is technically breaking it by not having the right attitude to play.

If he wants out, then hand in a transfer request. It's that simple.

It's not personal, it's business.

And I haven't questioned that. I just hate the "fuck you" attitude.

August 14, 2018, 07:19:37 PM
Reply #867

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And I haven't questioned that. I just hate the "fuck you" attitude.

Which didn't even exist in my post.

August 14, 2018, 07:21:27 PM
Reply #868

Lxxx

There's nothing actually of any substance to talk about is there. Just going round and round the houses in this thread.

August 14, 2018, 07:21:43 PM
Reply #869

Jamokachi

Which didn't even exist in my post.

We've established that I didn't pick up on the fact it was a joke.