December 06, 2019, 07:16:46 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 47336 times)

August 14, 2018, 07:49:40 PM
Reply #870

Jamokachi

Just seen Lookman in training on Everton's Instagram. Guess he's not on strike, or has downed tools.

August 14, 2018, 08:25:19 PM
Reply #871

Free Agent

But did he look as happy as Zouma?

:Horse:

August 14, 2018, 08:45:04 PM
Reply #872

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Just seen Lookman in training on Everton's Instagram. Guess he's not on strike, or has downed tools.

Look at the timeline on that photo, was taken in Irdning.

August 14, 2018, 08:46:21 PM
Reply #873

Jamokachi

Look at the timeline on that photo, was taken in Irdning.

Que?

August 14, 2018, 08:48:01 PM
Reply #874

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

August 14, 2018, 08:49:37 PM
Reply #875

Jamokachi

Tap on the photo and see.

You're assuming I'm referring to something different I think. This is a video, taken today. It's of Zouma in training. Lookman is in the background towards the end.

August 14, 2018, 08:51:29 PM
Reply #876

Jamokachi

August 14, 2018, 08:56:08 PM
Reply #877

Alanvideo

You're assuming I'm referring to something different I think. This is a video, taken today. It's of Zouma in training. Lookman is in the background towards the end.
........yes I've seen that on Twitter. Lookman looks like he pulls up with a strangulated hernia.  :snigger:
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 14, 2018, 09:10:23 PM
Reply #878

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Donít like how lookman is jogging tbh.

The jog of somebody downing tools.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 14, 2018, 09:11:05 PM
Reply #879

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, it was more the attitude displayed to our player. I know it's tongue in cheek, but I think others do actually harbour this ill feeling toward him. I hate seeing players seen only as commodities.

Do you think Lookman wants to play for Everton or do you think he preferably wants to play for RB Leipzig?

I only ask as you say players aren't commodities, but they sometimes just see themselves as employees (without any particular attachment to the club) and as such happy to move when a preferable opportunity arises. Not all players mind you.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 09:13:13 PM by blueToffee »

August 14, 2018, 09:11:08 PM
Reply #880

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There's some height in the team now.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 14, 2018, 09:12:36 PM
Reply #881

Evertonian in NC

No way. Young players who are potentially very, very good definitely need to be replaced.

You may not need to replace their performance in the immediate term. We're well stocked with Richarlison, Lookman and Onyekuru all playing down the left too, so you might not need to spend that money in the same position either.

But we do need to replace that potential *somewhere* and that does cost a pretty penny. Long term we need to be maintaining/increasing our number of under 23 players, not reducing it, and that will involve spending plenty of money. It's short-sighted not to.

Yes, selling short is always selling short.  And if Lookman is someone who is currently in Silva's medium and long-term plans, then yes, he needs replacing.  Players get injured.  Players improve to the point they force transfers.  Depth and youth are essential.  If you have someone like Lookman who you believe will be a good, attacking player, you don't give him away easily because he pisses off a handful of fans or because he really wants to go and the Germans claim poverty.

And I will keep accepting Gash's tools every day forever for saying so (without reciprocating), it seems.  No hard feelings.  :D
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

August 14, 2018, 10:01:41 PM
Reply #882

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
There's some height in the team now.
Some spread too, bascially a foot in old money between Bernard and Mina. Could bring a whole new dimension to "got him in his pocket"...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:55:33 PM by Mouse »
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

August 14, 2018, 11:20:28 PM
Reply #883

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Iím not assuming anything, you said instagram so I looked at Instagram, when you realised that the photo was from Austria you searched for something else which doesnít really support your original claim,
or am I just assuming that ?

August 14, 2018, 11:53:47 PM
Reply #884

SANA_DR0

Some spread too, bascially a foot in old money between Bernard and Mina. Could bring a whole new dimension to "got him in his pocket"...

He (Bernard) looks shorter than Pienaar.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....