October 17, 2019, 10:30:53 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 45615 times)

July 13, 2018, 07:41:27 PM
Read 45615 times

Paddockoldie

If we struggle to shift any more of our expensive assets we might have to let him go in order to bring in a left back and central defender, which is apparently the two areas identified as needing strengthening as a priority. We may then have to utilise Sandro and throw him into the wide forward mix.
I'm pretty ambivalent either way to be honest. He's done nothing for us so far and if he wants the move then we'll just have to trust the management team's judgement, whatever that may be.

Quite difficult to do anything for us playing in Germany though to be fair on the lad. Did plenty there though. Enough to make them want him.

July 20, 2018, 04:03:52 AM
Reply #1

Paddockoldie

We've got to give him this season to show his potential. After all we gave Barkley years to show his, even after that he never really got better... Lookman deserves that chance.

July 20, 2018, 12:22:54 PM
Reply #2

Paddockoldie

The only problem with that is Lookman doesn’t want that chance with us, he is adamant he wants to stay with Leipzig.

Where did you read that?

July 21, 2018, 02:12:55 PM
Reply #3

Paddockoldie

This needs putting to bed. The club to state he is NOT leaving or Lookman needs to put in a transfer request. The ball is in our court as it was with Lukaku. This issue should not be clouding our pre season.

July 23, 2018, 12:12:18 AM
Reply #4

Paddockoldie

Call me a traditionalist but last time I looked he was under contract. He's not dictating how this goes. He hasn't asked to leave publicly, he hasn't spoken at all. RBL are stoking the fire so if anything they need slapping down. Marcel doesn't look underhand to me to be selling him whilst our manager says he wants him to stay. Saying that, wanting and is are two different things. Bottom line he isn't going anywhere unless we decide he is.

August 20, 2018, 03:00:44 PM
Reply #5

Paddockoldie

I think Silva's putting a challenge down to him over his attitude and wants him to step up and show what he's about.. He'll get game time if he's good enough, as it should be too.. Sulking gets you nowhere.