October 16, 2019, 04:56:28 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 45524 times)

August 14, 2018, 07:21:43 PM
Reply #15

Jamokachi

Which didn't even exist in my post.

We've established that I didn't pick up on the fact it was a joke.

August 14, 2018, 07:49:40 PM
Reply #16

Jamokachi

Just seen Lookman in training on Everton's Instagram. Guess he's not on strike, or has downed tools.

August 14, 2018, 08:46:21 PM
Reply #17

Jamokachi

Look at the timeline on that photo, was taken in Irdning.

Que?

August 14, 2018, 08:49:37 PM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

Tap on the photo and see.

You're assuming I'm referring to something different I think. This is a video, taken today. It's of Zouma in training. Lookman is in the background towards the end.

August 14, 2018, 08:51:29 PM
Reply #19

Jamokachi

August 15, 2018, 04:13:39 AM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

Im not assuming anything, you said instagram so I looked at Instagram, when you realised that the photo was from Austria you searched for something else which doesnt really support your original claim,
or am I just assuming that ?

Christ mate. It was the video. Everton post the same video across all social media outlets. Instagram doesn't embed like Twitter on this site, hence I used the latter.

August 15, 2018, 04:20:26 AM
Reply #21

Jamokachi

August 15, 2018, 04:33:39 AM
Reply #22

Jamokachi

Do you think Lookman wants to play for Everton or do you think he preferably wants to play for RB Leipzig?

I only ask as you say players aren't commodities, but they sometimes just see themselves as employees (without any particular attachment to the club) and as such happy to move when a preferable opportunity arises. Not all players mind you.

I think he would rather be at RBL, and I don't think anyone would disagree. He's been sold on the move and given his relative experiences at both clubs I don't think he can be blamed.

Bit of a grey area I concede. I stated that I don't like seeing player seen as commodities "only". I think fans (of all clubs, not just us) are guilty of forgetting the human aspect. This is a young kid who, as selfish as it sounds to a fan, has to put his career (and life) first. If he's not enjoying being at Everton then so be it. If he hasn't settled for, whatever reason, that shouldn't necessarily be met with such vitriol. Especially when he's done nothing to upset fans (no public statements etc).

In a monetary sense players are of course commodities, but unlike most industries sport goes much deeper and is far more complex. It'd just be nice to see people remember that, rather than froth at the mouth at every opportunity.*

*This is more relevant toward what I've read on Twitter than here, in fairness.

August 15, 2018, 05:58:25 PM
Reply #23

Jamokachi

I think the main source of resentment from fans is that he seems to have his heart set on a move but won't hand in a transfer request. He may not have downed tools or gone on strike, but going off the manager's comments, there would appear to be something afoot.

This is all conjecture and speculation obviously, but as far as we know he's been told the club want to keep him. If, in spite of this, he still sees RBL as his best option then he has to submit a transfer request because he is acting against the club's wishes.

I'm not saying this is what he's trying to do, because I don't know enough about it, but it looks like he's trying to have his cake and eat it - agitate for a move but keep his loyalty bonuses.

Maybe, I haven't read much about transfer requests to be honest.

August 20, 2018, 04:44:46 AM
Reply #24

Jamokachi

Still be very surprised if hes here come September

Only thing that will change my mind is seeing him in the matchday squad.

So you're expecting him to stay then?

August 20, 2018, 05:33:43 PM
Reply #25

Jamokachi

Think the fact we brought on niasse and DCL over him spoke volumes though.

Id still say hes off on deadline day.

Tony Scott (who I don't often agree with) made a good point on the All Together Now post match pod. He said that Lookman had been rewarded for training well during the week by being restored to the starting line-up, but that Silva was making the point that to get on the pitch he'll need to see more of the same from the lad.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:38:39 PM by Jamokachi »

August 20, 2018, 05:39:45 PM
Reply #26

Jamokachi

Everton buying a 50m Forward.... oosh

Ruining transfer windows since 2018. Everton, that.