October 17, 2019, 11:04:07 AM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 45590 times)

August 11, 2018, 10:46:09 PM
Reply #45

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Am not going to lose any sleep over it. We've lost far better players than him.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 12, 2018, 02:05:35 AM
Reply #46

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I've never known someone to contribute so little yet generate so much support.

But... but... Leipzig... he scored a few goals...
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

August 13, 2018, 09:52:01 AM
Reply #47

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He needs his locker taken off him...

August 13, 2018, 09:52:57 AM
Reply #48

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Or you know, we keep him as who else is going to play instead of Richalison?
Bernard.

Sounds like his attitude is shot though if Shoguns post is anything to go by.

August 13, 2018, 06:31:51 PM
Reply #49

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Given I rate the lad, I'd like to see the club make a stand on this one.

Show the likes of Richarlison and Pickford etc that kicking up a fuss isn't enough to get you a move.

The buying club actually needs to offer enough money first.

This.

Leipzig want him that bad, they need to pay what we want.

He wants the move that bad, he must submit a transfer request.

Whatever happens, it sounds like he's screwed this season up for himself at least. Minimal appearances in pre-season, not getting games at all, so will be rusty for a good few months. So even if he does get his move, it's going to be a while before he gets up to speed.

Kind of like Swansea and Sigurddson last season.

August 13, 2018, 09:33:29 PM
Reply #50

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

A slight knock now takes three weeks to heal  :thumbsup: ...I smell a rat .

Walcott had his foot in a cast or one of those boot things over the summer. That sounds more than just a knock which is all Lookman apparently has. I see Walcott played Saturday.

August 13, 2018, 10:35:34 PM
Reply #51

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
................who said Lookman has a knock ? he was  fit enough to come on as sub v. Valencia even though he didn't look arsed . He looked like a moody kid who din't want to join in the game.

It was the excuse branded all summer for Lookman's lack of minutes.

Only a couple more weeks until this is resolved one way or the other.

August 14, 2018, 04:49:28 AM
Reply #52

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
OR he had a bad experience here under Koeman/Allardyce- had a great experience at Leipzig and wants to move there, despite changes here. If his heart is there and it feels right for him, we should sell with a buy back clause like Barce do with us. The Allardyce treatment was embarrassing and unprofessional - unfortunately, that might have solidified it for him.

We ALL had a bad experience under Koeman/Allardyce (and we didn't get the luxury of going out on loan when Fat Boy was in charge), but none of us even thought for one second about leaving the club.

Neither do any of us get paid thousands each week to be part of it in some way.

He should thank his lucky fucking stars he has some semblance of a choice, because none of us poor bastards here do!

August 14, 2018, 03:43:21 PM
Reply #53

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I hate this viewpoint. So arrogant, and ignorant.
I’m glad you’ve taken offense.

But it really was only a joke.

August 14, 2018, 05:37:05 PM
Reply #54

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Thanks. Hardly taken offence though, it's just not a very nice thing to say really, is it? Fair enough if it was meant as a joke. It's reflective of plenty I've read on here that isn't.

The only person who could possibly take offence out of that is Sam Allardyce when I called him Fat Boy, but after the 6 months of shit he gave us, I don't really give a fuck.

August 14, 2018, 06:58:18 PM
Reply #55

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, it was more the attitude displayed to our player. I know it's tongue in cheek, but I think others do actually harbour this ill feeling toward him. I hate seeing players seen only as commodities.

If he doesn't want to play for us, then people are of course going to be pissed. All indications appear that he doesn't want to play for us. He's under contract and if he wants to leave, he should be the one to forfeit any financial benefits that contract may include as he is technically breaking it by not having the right attitude to play.

If he wants out, then hand in a transfer request. It's that simple.

It's not personal, it's business.

August 14, 2018, 07:19:37 PM
Reply #56

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And I haven't questioned that. I just hate the "fuck you" attitude.

Which didn't even exist in my post.

August 14, 2018, 09:11:08 PM
Reply #57

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
There's some height in the team now.

August 20, 2018, 06:40:17 PM
Reply #58

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
They have a transfer strategy which precludes them from spending big. They like to recruit young, develop, sell on at a profit, rinse and repeat. They won't pay the going rate for him.
Then they lose out.

He’ll be gone soon though. The clubs will come to a compromise. 20 mill plus 50% of any future transfer fee would do me.

August 21, 2018, 07:01:20 PM
Reply #59

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
These are clearly desperate to sign this kid to simply flip him in 2yrs for an extraordinary amount of cash.

I think Brands is going to fleece these fuckers if he does sell him. His job in Holland was to flip young talent so I think we’ve got one of the best guys in the business in knowing that side of negotiations. We’re in safe hands here.

We were fleeced so much last summer, it will be nice to fleece RBL. They're desperate. It doesn't bother us either way if he stays or goes. We have the upper hand here and we can call the shots. If they don't like it, oh well.