October 22, 2019, 10:56:36 PM

Author Topic: Bid rejected for Lookman  (Read 45853 times)

August 20, 2018, 05:33:43 PM
Reply #960

Jamokachi

Think the fact we brought on niasse and DCL over him spoke volumes though.

Id still say hes off on deadline day.

Tony Scott (who I don't often agree with) made a good point on the All Together Now post match pod. He said that Lookman had been rewarded for training well during the week by being restored to the starting line-up, but that Silva was making the point that to get on the pitch he'll need to see more of the same from the lad.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:38:39 PM by Jamokachi »

August 20, 2018, 05:34:46 PM
Reply #961

dangermouse

25 million and Ill drive him there, put that money in a pot , add another 25m to it and get another striker in in January.

Everton buying a 50m Forward.... oosh
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

August 20, 2018, 05:39:31 PM
Reply #962

Alanvideo

22m is a half decent offer and although I like him the fact is he's potentially our 4th choice winger so if we need to balance the books a bit so be it.
........................Soton are going to pay 20m for ' Dings ' though so we should be looking for 30m for Lookman ,if we sell at all.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 20, 2018, 05:39:45 PM
Reply #963

Jamokachi

Everton buying a 50m Forward.... oosh

Ruining transfer windows since 2018. Everton, that.

August 20, 2018, 05:48:19 PM
Reply #964

Tinga

22m isn't enough.

August 20, 2018, 06:09:29 PM
Reply #965

American Evertonian

Laughable to me how RB thinks they can just increase their bid 2m at a time and think we will about face as if that is a huge sum of money. At this rate they're a other 5 bids away from getting him.
Are we there yet?

August 20, 2018, 06:25:01 PM
Reply #966

Lxxx

Laughable to me how RB thinks they can just increase their bid 2m at a time and think we will about face as if that is a huge sum of money. At this rate they're a other 5 bids away from getting him.

They have a transfer strategy which precludes them from spending big. They like to recruit young, develop, sell on at a profit, rinse and repeat. They won't pay the going rate for him.

August 20, 2018, 06:33:50 PM
Reply #967

plumber

Think the fact we brought on niasse and DCL over him spoke volumes though.

Id still say hes off on deadline day.

He's not if he is in Silva plans.
Frankly I see no reason why we should sell him unless someone is ready to pay silly money (and Leipzig are not, they're skint).

It's understandable he wants more playing time and if he wont' get it here, a loan would be tenable decision. But why sell?

August 20, 2018, 06:40:17 PM
Reply #968

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
They have a transfer strategy which precludes them from spending big. They like to recruit young, develop, sell on at a profit, rinse and repeat. They won't pay the going rate for him.
Then they lose out.

Hell be gone soon though. The clubs will come to a compromise. 20 mill plus 50% of any future transfer fee would do me.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

August 20, 2018, 07:07:52 PM
Reply #969

American Evertonian

I understand that. I'm just saying they are bidding in a way as if we are a League 1 club with no money and holding to cash in on our star prospect. 
Are we there yet?

August 21, 2018, 05:27:19 PM
Reply #970

dax78

Sky reporting we want 28m plus add ons
Hans segers is a legend ;)

August 21, 2018, 05:39:28 PM
Reply #971

Cereal Killer

Sky reporting we want 28m plus add ons

35% of any future fee
xm if they get in the CL
xm if they win anything
xm if he gets called up by England

August 21, 2018, 05:47:21 PM
Reply #972

Lxxx

Maybe we're being pragmatic about it now, if Sky are to be believed. If he's not putting it in on the training pitch, making it clear he wants out then let's take a fee nearer to 30m and move on. If we do move him on and also get Bolasie and Besic off the books too then with loan fees factored in a spend of <30m this summer and a reduction of the wage bill looks like good business overall. Especially with a manager who clearly looks like he can get more out of players than we've seen previously.

August 21, 2018, 06:48:36 PM
Reply #973

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
These are clearly desperate to sign this kid to simply flip him in 2yrs for an extraordinary amount of cash.

I think Brands is going to fleece these fuckers if he does sell him. His job in Holland was to flip young talent so I think weve got one of the best guys in the business in knowing that side of negotiations. Were in safe hands here.

August 21, 2018, 06:54:39 PM
Reply #974

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe we're being pragmatic about it now, if Sky are to be believed. If he's not putting it in on the training pitch, making it clear he wants out then let's take a fee nearer to 30m and move on. If we do move him on and also get Bolasie and Besic off the books too then with loan fees factored in a spend of <30m this summer and a reduction of the wage bill looks like good business overall. Especially with a manager who clearly looks like he can get more out of players than we've seen previously.

Average weekly wage at Middlesbrough is 20 k, cant see them willing to pay Bolasie much more than that which would still leave us to cover 50 k, 40 if were lucky.