October 15, 2018, 06:10:09 PM

Author Topic: Team Spirit - Is it any good/problematic at Everton?  (Read 1094 times)

July 09, 2018, 05:38:16 AM
Reply #15

Thomas

Great more toffee TV links

I reckon we won't know anything about team spirit yet, the lads seeing each other after a couple of weeks, we're all gonna see them greeting each other fondly, they are team mates after all.
The spirit in the club has been decimated, the connection to the club backroom staff and the fans has been decimated, turned over anally fisted with no lube and decimated again, we then got lumbered with fucking Sam (Holly Jolly boy/gravy swilling /cunt of Monte Bisto) fucking Allardyce, who pissed in the metaphorical face of the club.

Any team spirit will have to be built from the ground up, there is fuck all there, I'm hoping it was dormant and will rise from the ashes of the fucking skid mark of the past two appointments (Unsworth not included) and we get off to a flyer. I anticipate it will take longer than that though.

Edit:- read the thread first bally you fuckin tit.

Obviously the forum admin dislike that youtube channel. I can assure you its simply a case of I watch it a lot and a few other Everton related things on youtube + there's link to The Liverpool Echo + Everton Channel in there.

ANyway as you say there's a lot from the Moyes Era that if we could spice up we could use to propel us further up the table. Its no accident that a team of Kilbane's, Marcus Bent and Lee Carsley's we came 4th. They had that dedication and team spirit.  Although at times I do remember us falling to pieces away from home, its exactly that spirit that develops better away performances and not collapsing when going a goal down in general. We still have terrible away form over the last few years and a propensity to dissolve when conceding a goal, Watford being the exception.

July 09, 2018, 05:41:40 AM
Reply #16

Mayor Farnum

(Just playing devils advocate)

Would you say a team that has an unexpectedly good season, who then sees its players get big wage rises, suffers from a declining team spirit?

Other teams whether doing good or bad seem to have a strong work and social ethic/connection that binds them together. Burnley being the most excellent/current example. To paraphrase a comedian doing impressions of their manager, if Sean Dyche told them to all eat nails they'd probably do it as a collective.

Even teams playing badly at least in the league seemed to to gel together as a unit. Everton 1995 FA Cup winning team being a decent example.

Its a smaller aspect of our club but something that we have lacked as has been said since Moyes and it makes a huge difference.

A declining team spirit is a symptom of the drop off in form and increase in expectation rather than a cause.

That Everton 1995 cup winning team was virtually unchanged from the moment Joe Royle took over, so maybe there is something to be said for a team that picks itself. The players don't feel so threatened about losing their place and are therefore more willing to stick together without fearing the team will move on without them.

In their current position it could be argued that Burnley are one of the more successful teams of the last couple of years and that has bred a good team spirit.

July 09, 2018, 05:42:14 AM
Reply #17

Bally

Administrator
Obviously the forum admin dislike that youtube channel. I can assure you its simply a case of I watch it a lot and a few other Everton related things on youtube + there's link to The Liverpool Echo + Everton Channel in there.

ANyway as you say there's a lot from the Moyes Era that if we could spice up we could use to propel us further up the table. Its no accident that a team of Kilbane's, Marcus Bent and Lee Carsley's we came 4th. They had that dedication and team spirit.  Although at times I do remember us falling to pieces away from home, its exactly that spirit that develops better away performances and not collapsing when going a goal down in general. We still have terrible away form over the last few years and a propensity to dissolve when conceding a goal, Watford being the exception.
Don't dislike the channel per se just not a fan, they do what they do and we don't get involved with each other, just seems to be that way. Baz and Ped are good lads well Baz is, peds alright for a ginger like....
It's the roll I way

July 09, 2018, 05:51:17 AM
Reply #18

Thomas

Don't dislike the channel per se just not a fan, they do what they do and we don't get involved with each other, just seems to be that way. Baz and Ped are good lads well Baz is, peds alright for a ginger like....

Is this the new jibe the secret forum admins section on this forum has decided to do to wind me up?

At least its more new than 'mentioning Celtic again'. Seriously I cant breathe on this forum, i try and put a decent topic on here and 99.9% of it does not mention a certain youtube channel or another club, and STILL I get shit for it?

Lay off me. For god's sake. And people wonder why I argue back?

Anyway only ever met Ped. He's alright. For a ginger. As you say. :)

July 09, 2018, 05:52:21 AM
Reply #19

Thomas

So ironically @Bally not even the fans or independent Everton websites/media seem to get along or co-operate. Thats as bad as bad team spirit on the field.

July 09, 2018, 06:53:56 AM
Reply #20

Bally

Administrator
The fuck you on about, is this to wind you up, did you not see my edit, if I'd saw what Si put I wouldn't have bothered posting.
I get on sound with Baz and Ped just don't like the show, that's OK isn't it, I hardly ever watch it, and only do when there is something of interest that I have not caught up with.
Need to sort your fucking paranoia out lad, there is no hidden agenda, wind your fucking neck in.
It's the roll I way

July 09, 2018, 12:47:55 PM
Reply #21

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

Think you forgot Gravesen ?  And what happened with teamspirit when he left....

July 09, 2018, 03:15:42 PM
Reply #22

Simon Paul

Administrator
So ironically @Bally not even the fans or independent Everton websites/media seem to get along or co-operate. Thats as bad as bad team spirit on the field.
Same as it ever was then.

July 09, 2018, 04:19:38 PM
Reply #23

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Spent an evening with Degsy Mount lisenting to him lambast the club and say he preferred Villa because they were a proper club.

In the end, it broke down to being due to the fact Villa gave him a load of tickets and freebies and we never. So we were shit.