September 20, 2018, 02:34:43 PM

Author Topic: Wilfried Zaha  (Read 1743 times)

July 10, 2018, 05:58:57 PM
Reply #15

Bluedylan

This is why people baulking at £25m for Tierney is just a bit outdated. Maddison just went for £20m from the Championship. It's just the market now.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 10, 2018, 06:17:58 PM
Reply #16

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
This is why people baulking at £25m for Tierney is just a bit outdated. Maddison just went for £20m from the Championship. It's just the market now.

Agree with the Tierney for mid-twenties is an acceptable risk.

But even in todays market this seems steep for what Zaha represents.
I do think £50m+ is about where he is at though

July 10, 2018, 06:57:32 PM
Reply #17

howard1334

Agree with the Tierney for mid-twenties is an acceptable risk.

But even in todays market this seems steep for what Zaha represents.
I do think £50m+ is about where he is at though

Yeah, 50m I could understand. I would still think it is high by about 10m - 15m, even with crazy prices going around, but it is at least in the ball park.

July 10, 2018, 07:11:11 PM
Reply #18

GrantyBoy78

It says a lot about the way football has gone when the likes of Palace don’t need and probably wouldn’t be tempted by £50m for one of their players.

July 10, 2018, 07:13:49 PM
Reply #19

Macca77

40 million plus Bolasie and some cola cubes

July 10, 2018, 07:19:29 PM
Reply #20

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
40 million plus Bolasie and some cola cubes

Shit deal that, I actually rate Cola Cubes
Simply simply lovely

July 10, 2018, 07:20:21 PM
Reply #21

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It’s not happening.

Nothing rumour.

July 10, 2018, 07:26:32 PM
Reply #22

Macca77

Shit deal that, I actually rate Cola Cubes

Cola Cubes are good, but they will never have the class of Sherbit Lemons or Aniseed Balls

July 10, 2018, 07:31:10 PM
Reply #23

indiantoffee1975

Norfolk enchance.

July 10, 2018, 08:04:06 PM
Reply #24

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Personally, I don’t think he’s what we need, even with a more modest price tag.

They’d be wise to sell him now as I don’t think his stock will ever get much higher. Partly as VAR will inevitably make its way into the PL before long and he’ll not get about half the penalties he gets now.

Would be kinda surprised if he ever gets a move to a big club, except in a Webeck to Arsenal sort of move where he’s a squad filler.

July 10, 2018, 08:07:00 PM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nah I think we could do with someone who drags their team up the pitch as an outlet. We lack 1v1 players as well.

Although I do think Bolasie could do that job v.easily in a silva side so a bit surprised to see him getting punted. Unless Brands has pulled him out of a spreadsheet for good financial reasons.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 10, 2018, 08:09:57 PM
Reply #26

Bluedylan

Nah I think we could do with someone who drags their team up the pitch as an outlet. We lack 1v1 players as well.

Although I do think Bolasie could do that job v.easily in a silva side so a bit surprised to see him getting punted. Unless Brands has pulled him out of a spreadsheet for good financial reasons.

It's just that Bolasie's output is far too inconsistent and unpredictable to be able to plan a team and a team's attack around. He's good for a relegation threatened side, because he might win you a game every 6/7 games, and get you valuable wins, but if you're aspiring to crack the top teams, you need consistency of output and weight of numbers of goals/assists.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 10, 2018, 08:21:49 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's just that Bolasie's output is far too inconsistent and unpredictable to be able to plan a team and a team's attack around. He's good for a relegation threatened side, because he might win you a game every 6/7 games, and get you valuable wins, but if you're aspiring to crack the top teams, you need consistency of output and weight of numbers of goals/assists.

Yeah I get that, I wouldn’t necessarily say that leads to the logical conclusion of Wilf ‘out for a throw in’ Zaha, but he has been improving and I guess hitting his peak now so if you’re ever gunna get him nows the time.

Consistent output from wide is probably very hard and expensive to find also.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 10, 2018, 08:37:56 PM
Reply #28

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Cola Cubes are good, but they will never have the class of Sherbit Lemons or Aniseed Balls
Big fan of sherbet lemons works
Simply simply lovely

July 10, 2018, 08:41:44 PM
Reply #29

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
One of the reports suggested he didn't settle well in Manchester, but of course he was younger then.

Puts the fee we got for Lukaku in a negative light though.
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer