November 18, 2018, 11:52:25 AM

Author Topic: Wolves v Everton  (Read 13318 times)

August 12, 2018, 01:54:06 PM
Reply #900

eyesalwaysblue

Good to be looking forward to the next game
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 12, 2018, 02:39:55 PM
Reply #901

dchans

Just seen the first wolves goal on motd - although the foul is up for debate the fact that it happens on a fucking turf line and then gets moved at least 5 or 6 yards forward is a shocking decision!

What a cunt
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

August 12, 2018, 03:55:56 PM
Reply #902

eyesalwaysblue

Just seen the first wolves goal on motd - although the foul is up for debate the fact that it happens on a fucking turf line and then gets moved at least 5 or 6 yards forward is a shocking decision!

What a cunt
The top sides always stand on a free kick to delay it or argue the position same with throwings, buys time when under pressure, trouble is it's annoying as fuck but it works and we could have done with us doing that kind of thing yesterday, although it might go against the grain a bit we could have got the 3 points and pissed some pundits and the ref off..

August 12, 2018, 05:04:45 PM
Reply #903

NickNack

I couldnít see the Everton of last season getting anything out of that game after the sending off and it was encouraging to see us keep trying to attack instead of going full on defensive.

After a poor pre season I was pleased to see Keane have a much better game (second goal aside), I know he has his limitations but I really think itís more of a confidence issue with that lad and hopefully Marco can use his man-management skills and help him there.

August 12, 2018, 05:06:45 PM
Reply #904

Toffee1

I couldnít see the Everton of last season getting anything out of that game after the sending off and it was encouraging to see us keep trying to attack instead of going full on defensive.

After a poor pre season I was pleased to see Keane have a much better game (second goal aside), I know he has his limitations but I really think itís more of a confidence issue with that lad and hopefully Marco can use his man-management skills and help him there.

Really liked the way Marco whilst giving instructions to Mason was also giving him encouragement before he came on.

August 12, 2018, 06:20:33 PM
Reply #905

dazfrancis

Didn't catch the game, who took the captaincy after jags was sent off?

August 12, 2018, 06:24:59 PM
Reply #906

Toffee1

Didn't catch the game, who took the captaincy after jags was sent off?

I was wondering that but think it was Baines.

August 12, 2018, 06:32:50 PM
Reply #907

Rodenplav64

I am going to try and stay positive . Decent result against a newly promoted team with plenty of quality about it and given they are nearly all Portuguese a good team spirit . Pleased with Richarlisons effort and I won't even moan about his price anymore after Chelsea broke the world record for someone I had not even heard of . We need to get the new players in the team as the failings of Keane and the age of Jags were the reasons behind their goals . Nothing at all wrong with Jags for lots of the games we will play but they are a young energetic side and he only needed to make that one poor decision that he wasn't quick enough to recover . There were also the usual gaps in midfield at times so be good to see Gomes get up to fitness soon .

August 12, 2018, 08:00:35 PM
Reply #908

Normm

One of the jobs as captain is to protest to the referee to make sure free kicks for the opposition in dangerous areas don't get relocated to the advantage of the other team. No one else stepped up. They were too busy thinking about the sending off!! It was moved forward about 5m in my estimation to just outside the half-circle. OK, Pickford was deceived by the player looking at the other side of the goal and took a step the wrong way, but allowing the kick to be taken from that position was also a serious mistake for the referee and the team. It made scoring their goal just that much easier.

Let's hope the team gives more attention to this in the future!

(Apart from that, it was a good performance, under the circumstances:-)

August 12, 2018, 08:40:01 PM
Reply #909

piggypop

NSNO Subscriber
One of the jobs as captain is to protest to the referee to make sure free kicks for the opposition in dangerous areas don't get relocated to the advantage of the other team. No one else stepped up. They were too busy thinking about the sending off!! It was moved forward about 5m in my estimation to just outside the half-circle. OK, Pickford was deceived by the player looking at the other side of the goal and took a step the wrong way, but allowing the kick to be taken from that position was also a serious mistake for the referee and the team. It made scoring their goal just that much easier.

Let's hope the team gives more attention to this in the future!

(Apart from that, it was a good performance, under the circumstances:-)
To be fair, Richarlison and Baines were arguing with the referee to move the free kick back, but he just ignored them.
Don't think it was shown on most of the highlights shows.

August 12, 2018, 10:25:10 PM
Reply #910

Alanvideo

The top sides always stand on a free kick to delay it or argue the position same with throwings, buys time when under pressure, trouble is it's annoying as fuck but it works and we could have done with us doing that kind of thing yesterday, although it might go against the grain a bit we could have got the 3 points and pissed some pundits and the ref off..
...................Rooney did a bit of that for us last season
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 12, 2018, 10:28:47 PM
Reply #911

eyesalwaysblue

...................Rooney did a bit of that for us last season
He learned from the master, would prefer it if the officials had it sorted but they don't so we have to get wiser, which i think we will.

August 13, 2018, 12:13:17 AM
Reply #912

sam of the south

To be fair, Richarlison and Baines were arguing with the referee to move the free kick back, but he just ignored them.
Don't think it was shown on most of the highlights shows.

Richarlison walked up to the exact spot, but it needed a clutch of our senior, English speakers to really hammer home the point, and risk a booking if need be.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them