August 23, 2019, 03:10:31 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Valencia - Saturday 4th August - 3:00pm  (Read 12869 times)

July 27, 2018, 05:17:32 AM
Read 12869 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The wife needs to know if she can drink wine during the game (not just half time) or she won't go

Any ideas??

Most people will be whining so donít worry.

July 31, 2018, 02:34:54 AM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yes if Schneiderlin is going to remain anonymous for long spells then Iíd give up on the deeper midfielder starting attacks and just let Gueye shuffle around that area.

Might also be more useful for covering in behind the full backs.

August 04, 2018, 08:46:10 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Itís not two DMs.

Itís a 433 with gana and Sigurdsson playing further forward.

And while Iím not a fan of those two together if you play 3 up front and get your full backs forward they ďshouldĒ provide cover.

Also the forward play would be fairly robotic but if patterns are worked on (getting it forward quickly) then we should still pose a threat.

Not much control mind so those two must play well defensively.

August 04, 2018, 08:47:46 PM
Reply #3

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Re Mori, I think thereís a good chance that he wanted to go.

Didnít mean that he hated it here but I think there had always been rumours of him wanting to be in an environment that was better for him.

August 04, 2018, 10:34:00 PM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

August 04, 2018, 11:17:39 PM
Reply #5

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah he is, but I donít think it suits him.

He performed it better today than he has done previously, but I think he lacks the required quality on the ball in that role to really make a dent on most opposing midfields.

If youíre a pressing CM youíre never the deepest player.

Examples are early 2000íS Milan where Pirlo would be the furthest back with Gattuso pressing ahead; and Chelsea two years ago with Matic deeper and Kanye ahead.

He needs to be comfortable further forward, even if itís just 5 yard lay offs to others.

August 04, 2018, 11:48:39 PM
Reply #6

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I knew he was good at music production and being a controversial tit, but I had know idea he played midfield for Chelsea  :shock:

In all seriousness, Kante is a good example of a presser who can also start attacks.

I just doubt that Gana can, unfortunately.

Yeezy is better with the ball than Gueye but heís still more a shuffle the play forward player with more basic passes or simply carrying it 30 yards up the pitch.

Heís what Gueye needs to copy and let the deeper position take care of itself.

August 05, 2018, 01:23:37 AM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
There's a papa johns stand in the gwladys now. Strong rumours they will be taking over from Sportspesa as the main sponsor

Letís hope they deliver.