November 16, 2018, 06:06:12 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Valencia - Saturday 4th August - 3:00pm  (Read 9586 times)

July 30, 2018, 04:20:12 PM
Reply #60

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Dont worry, we will have signed the new Varane, Thiago Silva and Casemiro in a few days, from Brentford, Portos C team, and an undisclosed South American team where we will have no problem getting a work permit through. Watch this space...

July 30, 2018, 05:38:32 PM
Reply #61

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford won't feature against Valencia, he isn't back in training until next week
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 30, 2018, 08:49:18 PM
Reply #62

themilkycoffees

We're going to get pumped 5-0 at Goodison aren't we? I can just see it now. Williams with his head in his shirt, Jagielka with his hands on his knees and Marco Silva running down the tunnel and straight out onto Goodison Road when the 5th goes in.

July 30, 2018, 09:07:52 PM
Reply #63

Bluedylan

We're going to get pumped 5-0 at Goodison aren't we? I can just see it now. Williams with his head in his shirt, Jagielka with his hands on his knees and Marco Silva running down the tunnel and straight out onto Goodison Road when the 5th goes in.

No. He'll be training them hard all week, and some of the players who've hardly worked with him (Gana, Gylfi) will improve markedly, and we'll put in a good display here.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 30, 2018, 09:10:58 PM
Reply #64

themilkycoffees

No. He'll be training them hard all week, and some of the players who've hardly worked with him (Gana, Gylfi) will improve markedly, and we'll put in a good display here.

Hope so. Need some confidence going into the first game of the season. Just got no faith whatsoever in the defence.

July 30, 2018, 09:11:33 PM
Reply #65

Macca77

I'm not going to this, doing something far more enjoyable.

Terrible Evertonian me

July 30, 2018, 09:48:44 PM
Reply #66

D15TIN

Pickford won't feature against Valencia, he isn't back in training until next week
We couldn't be less prepared for that Wolves game if we tried.

July 30, 2018, 09:52:23 PM
Reply #67

Bluedylan

We couldn't be less prepared for that Wolves game if we tried.

Same with other clubs that had players involved in the WC semis/final. No worse for us, and we only had one player. Got to give people a break, they're not machines. GK should be the least affected position from coming back later than other players.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 30, 2018, 10:51:39 PM
Reply #68

kramer0

I'd like to see Silva try some lineups where Gana is the lone DM and Davies-Dowell or Davies-Sigurdsson play in front of him.

July 30, 2018, 11:36:57 PM
Reply #69

Evertonian in NC

I'd like to see Silva try some lineups where Gana is the lone DM and Davies-Dowell or Davies-Sigurdsson play in front of him.

Gana behind Davies-Siggy is by far my preferred alignment (based on what we have and can realistically expect to have this season).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 31, 2018, 12:33:12 AM
Reply #70

kramer0

Gana behind Davies-Siggy is by far my preferred alignment (based on what we have and can realistically expect to have this season).

Okay, but Sigurdsson has to show for the ball more and he has to try to do something positive with it more too.

If he's our playmaker, he can't be so passive/safe in open play.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:36:13 AM by kramer0 »

July 31, 2018, 02:11:32 AM
Reply #71

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Yes. Just a win it and give it remit for Gana. Dowell and Sig would be my choice. Leggy technicians spraying it then running onto the end of it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 31, 2018, 02:34:54 AM
Reply #72

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yes if Schneiderlin is going to remain anonymous for long spells then Id give up on the deeper midfielder starting attacks and just let Gueye shuffle around that area.

Might also be more useful for covering in behind the full backs.

July 31, 2018, 02:36:42 AM
Reply #73

stirlingblue

Unless we get somebody in this week Id like to see how Sigs play as one of the deeper two. Hes flexible enough to be good anywhere in the midfield and Id sooner see Dowell that Schneiderlin/Davies/Besic based on recent form.

Is a midfield of Sig/Gueye/Dowell workable?

July 31, 2018, 03:46:08 AM
Reply #74

Evertonian in NC

Okay, but Sigurdsson has to show for the ball more and he has to try to do something positive with it more too.

If he's our playmaker, he can't be so passive/safe in open play.

I fully agree with that.  Think it will take a bit of time for the partnership to find comfort, but Siggy always shows for the ball internationally.  Silva just has to convince him the opportunity is there, and to seize it.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin