October 18, 2019, 10:32:48 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Valencia - Saturday 4th August - 3:00pm  (Read 14719 times)

August 04, 2018, 09:52:56 PM
Reply #15

sam of the south

Richarlison has got some stupendous cheekbones on him

🍆
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 10:25:31 PM
Reply #16

sam of the south

They've pressed our defence second half which has sucked the life out the game

Yeah, I will imagine it is a tactic that will provide a bit of success for opposing teams if we keep this central defence
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 10:28:35 PM
Reply #17

sam of the south

Well worked, Sigurdsson, great ball from Digne
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 10:31:53 PM
Reply #18

sam of the south

Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 10:55:41 PM
Reply #19

sam of the south

Davies continuing where Rooney left off
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 11:01:37 PM
Reply #20

sam of the south

Hopefully telling him to calm down.

Has absolutely no composure.

Head is always down.

Not much football brain, there.

Lots of effort, though, which is impressive for an average 22 year-old footballer earning more than 100k per week 😬
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 11:03:04 PM
Reply #21

sam of the south

Gana will be sound in a more advanced role.

I worry for the rest of the midfielders though.

Less advanced, do you mean?
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 11:12:27 PM
Reply #22

sam of the south

Nah, hes playing further up the pitch isnt he?

Think it suits him.

Yeah he is, but I dont think it suits him.

He performed it better today than he has done previously, but I think he lacks the required quality on the ball in that role to really make a dent on most opposing midfields.
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 11:14:27 PM
Reply #23

sam of the south

I know its not a popular shout but if we could get 25m+ for Sig Id take it. We need a proper box to box midfielder more than we need one who floats about the final third getting involved every 10 minutes or so and scoring a worldie every dozen or so games.

Yes, I agree.

Hes great when he gets a chance, but hes pretty slow into challenges and in contesting loose balls, and he isnt a throughball merchant by any stretch.
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 11:37:22 PM
Reply #24

sam of the south

If youre a pressing CM youre never the deepest player.

Examples are early 2000S Milan where Pirlo would be the furthest back with Gattuso pressing ahead; and Chelsea two years ago with Matic deeper and Kanye ahead.

He needs to be comfortable further forward, even if its just 5 yard lay offs to others.

I knew he was good at music production and being a controversial tit, but I had know idea he played midfield for Chelsea  :shock:

In all seriousness, Kante is a good example of a presser who can also start attacks.

I just doubt that Gana can, unfortunately.
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 11:38:20 PM
Reply #25

sam of the south

Sorry about the delay -I was watching the match! What is it you are not sure of ? What phone do you have ?

Haha, wanker 👍🏼

I was fine, thanks
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 11:52:50 PM
Reply #26

sam of the south

Yeezy is better with the ball than Gueye but hes still more a shuffle the play forward player with more basic passes or simply carrying it 30 yards up the pitch.

Hes what Gueye needs to copy and let the deeper position take care of itself.

Yeah, Yeezy is the standard for all-round midfield play, for sure.

Shame his after-match interviews take 30 mins, and often descends into him bleating on about how black lives dont really matter much at all, and how Versace is the truth, yall.
Henry David Thoreau

August 05, 2018, 01:10:16 AM
Reply #27

sam of the south

Henry David Thoreau

August 05, 2018, 01:25:03 AM
Reply #28

sam of the south

There's a papa johns stand in the gwladys now. Strong rumours they will be taking over from Sportspesa as the main sponsor

Papa Johns garlic dip 👌🏼
Henry David Thoreau