October 22, 2020, 07:14:01 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Valencia - Saturday 4th August - 3:00pm  (Read 20291 times)

August 04, 2018, 09:36:39 PM
Reply #240

Bluedylan

I know it was disallowed, but does Stekelenburg ever save anything? I can't recall him getting even close to one in pre-season.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 04, 2018, 09:36:44 PM
Reply #241

sam of the south

Don't undersell how bad this midfield is.

Schneiderlin is a decent but safe passer who doesn't show for the ball enough and no longer offers anything defensively.

Sigurdsson runs a lot and is dangerous on the off chance that the ball falls to him in a great position but he is seriously uninvolved. Tosun does more in the build-up phase than he does.

Gana is good at pressuring the ball wherever he is but do we really want him receiving the ball in attacking situations?

Schneiderlin definitely needs to be dropped, Gana needs to sit deeper, and I'd seriously consider Sigurdsson's role in the team.

Couldnt agree more with this
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 09:37:17 PM
Reply #242

KoemansNumberTens

Don't undersell how bad this midfield is.

Schneiderlin is a decent but safe passer who doesn't show for the ball enough and no longer offers anything defensively.

Sigurdsson runs a lot and is dangerous on the off chance that the ball falls to him in a great position but he is seriously uninvolved. Tosun does more in the build-up phase than he does.

Gana is good at pressuring the ball wherever he is but do we really want him receiving the ball in attacking situations?

Schneiderlin definitely needs to be dropped, Gana needs to sit deeper, and I'd seriously consider Sigurdsson's role in the team.

I like Gueye but the other 2 dont do close to enough to enable us to get away with playing gueye whos abilities are totally defensive

August 04, 2018, 09:37:28 PM
Reply #243

sam of the south

I know it was disallowed, but does Stekelenburg ever save anything? I can't recall him getting even close to one in pre-season.

I hope the big 18 year-old is ready to step up if Pickford gets injured/is sold
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 09:38:31 PM
Reply #244

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Baines looks done, doesn't he?

Wonder if we can get Robinson back from loan?
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

August 04, 2018, 09:38:39 PM
Reply #245

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Tosuns is under rated technically

August 04, 2018, 09:39:18 PM
Reply #246

KoemansNumberTens

Keane, Morgan and Sigurdsson are 3 massive mistakes for massive money. If wed made 3 great signings instead of 3 shite 1s we'd have a very very good team

August 04, 2018, 09:39:51 PM
Reply #247

Everton Mint

We should just forget about any more goals we concede now, we know the issue.

Just enjoy any attacking we do...

August 04, 2018, 09:41:24 PM
Reply #248

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Richarlison is going to be great. Really impressed me

August 04, 2018, 09:41:45 PM
Reply #249

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Richarlison is such a great little player. Control is superb. Very impressed with him so far,

August 04, 2018, 09:42:12 PM
Reply #250

KoemansNumberTens

We are gonna be like that Spurs side years ago who played 4-1-5. Looks like we'll see plenty of goals both ends this season

August 04, 2018, 09:43:25 PM
Reply #251

stirlingblue

Gueye is underrated going forward, hes not massively creative but hes a good ball carrier

August 04, 2018, 09:43:59 PM
Reply #252

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Gueye has really impressed. Really sharp

August 04, 2018, 09:44:04 PM
Reply #253

howard1334

August 04, 2018, 09:44:06 PM
Reply #254

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Gueye is underrated going forward, hes not massively creative but hes a good ball carrier

He's done well this game, but in general he's poor imo. Prefer him back deeper.