October 21, 2019, 04:55:27 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Valencia - Saturday 4th August - 3:00pm  (Read 14813 times)

August 04, 2018, 10:57:53 PM
Reply #375

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Gana MOTM for us. After he went off everything went to pot

Because he was replaced by a dud, Davies just isnít going to make it, letís forget all this local lad loyalty and realise heís not going to make it in this league, he can neither pass nor dribble, on the couple of occasions that he showed for the ball he only ever passed back and more often than not to an opponent.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 11:00:33 PM by Escla »

August 04, 2018, 10:57:55 PM
Reply #376

Lincs Toffee

Looked far better going forward 1st half, Walcott made a difference, as for defending I need not say anything other than we have our work cut out if we donít sign at least one CB
Still no idea where to play Siggy or what our best midfield is, hope we sign a passing, dribbling quick thinking mid as our options in that dept are zero
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean

August 04, 2018, 11:01:37 PM
Reply #377

sam of the south

Hopefully telling him to calm down.

Has absolutely no composure.

Head is always down.

Not much football brain, there.

Lots of effort, though, which is impressive for an average 22 year-old footballer earning more than £100k per week 😬
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 11:02:21 PM
Reply #378

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gana will be sound in a more advanced role.

I worry for the rest of the midfielders though.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 04, 2018, 11:03:04 PM
Reply #379

sam of the south

Gana will be sound in a more advanced role.

I worry for the rest of the midfielders though.

Less advanced, do you mean?
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 11:05:33 PM
Reply #380

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Less advanced, do you mean?

Nah, heís playing further up the pitch isnít he?

Think it suits him.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 04, 2018, 11:10:27 PM
Reply #381

Lxxx

I know itís not a popular shout but if we could get £25m+ for Sig Iíd take it. We need a proper box to box midfielder more than we need one who floats about the final third getting involved every 10 minutes or so and scoring a worldie every dozen or so games.

August 04, 2018, 11:11:41 PM
Reply #382

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Wolves beat Villa Real today, thatís on top of wins against Basel, Young Boys and a draw against Ajax, all away games, letís hope their home form isnít quite as impressive !

August 04, 2018, 11:11:48 PM
Reply #383

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
I agree and hope most evertonians see that this is a project not a quick fix and Silva is afforded some patience. Hopefully the style of attacking football will do that.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. We need to quickly shore up our defence somehow first, then we can think about the long-term.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

August 04, 2018, 11:12:27 PM
Reply #384

sam of the south

Nah, heís playing further up the pitch isnít he?

Think it suits him.

Yeah he is, but I donít think it suits him.

He performed it better today than he has done previously, but I think he lacks the required quality on the ball in that role to really make a dent on most opposing midfields.
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 11:14:27 PM
Reply #385

sam of the south

I know itís not a popular shout but if we could get £25m+ for Sig Iíd take it. We need a proper box to box midfielder more than we need one who floats about the final third getting involved every 10 minutes or so and scoring a worldie every dozen or so games.

Yes, I agree.

Heís great when he gets a chance, but heís pretty slow into challenges and in contesting loose balls, and he isnít a throughball merchant by any stretch.
Henry David Thoreau

August 04, 2018, 11:17:19 PM
Reply #386

Martip

How did Richarlison play ? I assume the defence were woeful again ?

August 04, 2018, 11:17:39 PM
Reply #387

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah he is, but I donít think it suits him.

He performed it better today than he has done previously, but I think he lacks the required quality on the ball in that role to really make a dent on most opposing midfields.

If youíre a pressing CM youíre never the deepest player.

Examples are early 2000íS Milan where Pirlo would be the furthest back with Gattuso pressing ahead; and Chelsea two years ago with Matic deeper and Kanye ahead.

He needs to be comfortable further forward, even if itís just 5 yard lay offs to others.

August 04, 2018, 11:19:38 PM
Reply #388

stirlingblue

I donít think Sig is a lost cause, heís a great all rounder so Iím confident he can adapt to whatís needed from him

August 04, 2018, 11:20:19 PM
Reply #389

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Big fan of Gueye past the halfway today.

I think we'll see one defender come in and have to be patient. We'll have a decent season with mixed results but better football i reckon while Silva gets a tune out of some of these players. I'm ok with that and i think Sigurdsson will grow into this team with games much like he started to last season prior to injury