December 12, 2018, 01:05:42 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Valencia - Saturday 4th August - 3:00pm  (Read 9891 times)

August 04, 2018, 11:20:31 PM
Reply #390

Trowel

So we won pre season 27-12 on aggregate!

... Lads?
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

August 04, 2018, 11:26:11 PM
Reply #391

blue1948

What do I have to do to get it? (Iím a techidiot)

Sorry about the delay -I was watching the match! What is it you are not sure of ? What phone do you have ?

August 04, 2018, 11:31:11 PM
Reply #392

Evertonian in NC

I donít think Sig is a lost cause, heís a great all rounder so Iím confident he can adapt to whatís needed from him

Still hopeful as well, but he will need more time to grow into Marco's style.  And I think he'd do better paired with another ACM that he could play off of.  Gana, to me, has all the traits needed to be a lone press DCM.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 04, 2018, 11:31:48 PM
Reply #393

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Im nearly 50 and have had a season ticket almost half my life, and Ive seen some poor defences and some very shocking seasons. But Ive rarely seen such a nervous cb pairing and lack of defensive team ďcohesionĒ which looks like were going to concede from almost every attack. Pickford will make a difference, but even adding a new better CB player may not be enough. We really need 2 tidy, steady additions to come straight into the team.

August 04, 2018, 11:37:22 PM
Reply #394

sam of the south

If youíre a pressing CM youíre never the deepest player.

Examples are early 2000íS Milan where Pirlo would be the furthest back with Gattuso pressing ahead; and Chelsea two years ago with Matic deeper and Kanye ahead.

He needs to be comfortable further forward, even if itís just 5 yard lay offs to others.

I knew he was good at music production and being a controversial tit, but I had know idea he played midfield for Chelsea  :shock:

In all seriousness, Kante is a good example of a presser who can also start attacks.

I just doubt that Gana can, unfortunately.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 04, 2018, 11:38:20 PM
Reply #395

sam of the south

Sorry about the delay -I was watching the match! What is it you are not sure of ? What phone do you have ?

Haha, wanker 👍🏼

I was fine, thanks

August 04, 2018, 11:42:49 PM
Reply #396

kramer0

Examples are early 2000íS Milan where Pirlo would be the furthest back with Gattuso pressing ahead; and Chelsea two years ago with Matic deeper and Kanye ahead.

That's all well and good if you have Pirlo or a back three with defenders like Luiz and Azpilicueta who take the passing burden off of the midfield.

We don't.

The only possibility Gana opens up for us when he plays further forward is that a chance we worked really hard to create will fall to his feet (not great, he's not a good finisher). His work higher up the pitch rarely ever results in the types of counterattacking opportunities we need him to create for him to have any value in that role.

He can use all of his skills -- pressuring and winning the ball, playing simple passes, dribbling away from trouble -- to great effect further back, cleaning up after our more attack-minded midfielders. Which is where his best performances here have been -- sitting alongside Barry when he first signed and mopping up for Davies and Rooney last season.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 11:45:11 PM by kramer0 »

August 04, 2018, 11:45:21 PM
Reply #397

Bluedylan

That's all well and good if you have Pirlo or a back three with defenders like Luiz and Azpilicueta who take the passing burden off of the midfield.

We don't.

The only possibility Gana opens up for us when he plays further forward is that a chance we worked really hard to create will fall to his feet (and he's a crap finisher). His work higher up the pitch rarely ever results in the types of counterattacking opportunities we need him to create for him to have any value in that role.

He can use all of his skills -- pressuring and winning the ball, playing simple passes, dribbling away from trouble -- to great effect further back, cleaning up after our more attack-minded midfielders. Which is where his best performances here have been -- sitting alongside Barry when he first signed and mopping up for Davies and Rooney last season.

We all know about these problems, but there's only so many things that can be solved, and fires that can be put out, in one condensed transfer window.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 04, 2018, 11:47:10 PM
Reply #398

Lxxx

Yes, I agree.

Heís great when he gets a chance, but heís pretty slow into challenges and in contesting loose balls, and he isnít a throughball merchant by any stretch.

Yeh I donít want it to seem as if Iím getting on his back but for our record signing, highest paid player at the club, most pivotal position on the pitch and hitting his peak years an expectation to consistently deliver isnít unreasonable

August 04, 2018, 11:48:07 PM
Reply #399

kramer0

We all know about these problems, but there's only so many things that can be solved, and fires that can be put out, in one condensed transfer window.

But we don't need the window to make it better. All Silva needs to do is drop Schneiderlin for Davies or Dowell.

August 04, 2018, 11:48:39 PM
Reply #400

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I knew he was good at music production and being a controversial tit, but I had know idea he played midfield for Chelsea  :shock:

In all seriousness, Kante is a good example of a presser who can also start attacks.

I just doubt that Gana can, unfortunately.

Yeezy is better with the ball than Gueye but heís still more a shuffle the play forward player with more basic passes or simply carrying it 30 yards up the pitch.

Heís what Gueye needs to copy and let the deeper position take care of itself.

August 04, 2018, 11:49:32 PM
Reply #401

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
But we don't need the window to make it better. All Silva needs to do is drop Schneiderlin for Davies or Dowell.

They had their chance this pre season but have shown fuck all unfortunately.

August 04, 2018, 11:49:36 PM
Reply #402

Bluedylan

Not convinced either of them is ready to play a full season in the Prem, trying to run a midfield personally. I like them as options to develop.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 04, 2018, 11:52:50 PM
Reply #403

sam of the south

Yeezy is better with the ball than Gueye but heís still more a shuffle the play forward player with more basic passes or simply carrying it 30 yards up the pitch.

Heís what Gueye needs to copy and let the deeper position take care of itself.

Yeah, Yeezy is the standard for all-round midfield play, for sure.

Shame his after-match interviews take 30 mins, and often descends into him bleating on about how black lives donít really matter much at all, and how Versace is the truth, yíall.

August 04, 2018, 11:54:14 PM
Reply #404

Lxxx

They had their chance this pre season but have shown fuck all unfortunately.

There lies the problem. We have depth but not strength in depth.