August 15, 2018, 12:39:44 AM

Poll

Which team do you think will be our biggest rival for league position this season

Author Topic: Who will be our biggest league rival this season  (Read 1693 times)

July 13, 2018, 05:47:37 PM
Reply #15

Simon Paul

Administrator
our own expectations

July 13, 2018, 05:51:52 PM
Reply #16

Redartin

Think European involvement will take its toll on Burnley.
If Palce lose Saha they at best will be average.
Newcastle & Leicester, not consistent enough.
West Ham is hard to call, interesting to see how it pans out.
Wolves should be best of the new boys but can't see them rise as high as 7th.

If Liverpool are determined to run with Karius we could be competing with them for 6th.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:54:02 PM by Redartin »

July 13, 2018, 07:00:12 PM
Reply #17

Dr. Sponge

Arsenal are building from the back, something Wenger neglected for a long time. They’ll do well.

July 13, 2018, 08:43:07 PM
Reply #18

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Newcastle will walk top 10 with Benitez. Wouldn’t be surprised if they get up to 7/8th if they make a couple of Benitez signings.

Leicester and Southampton best placed to blow us away.

West Ham I personally think will implode, but maybe?

Burnley will be good but got a touch of Moyes Everton about them.

Also think wolves will be good tbh.

Finally - keeping an eye on Hudds and Brighton. Think both seem to buy quite well? Bottom half tho.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 13, 2018, 09:22:18 PM
Reply #19

Evertonian in NC

Wolves, really?

According to my bookmaker, yeah.  Wolves and Blues each tied for 7th best odds to win the League at +15000.  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 13, 2018, 09:25:23 PM
Reply #20

colin

Hope it starts badly for them, fans start fighting each other, the players lose interest, Pellegrini gets sacked, they panic and appoint Big Sam on ridiculous wages despite their history with him, they get relegated

:thumbsup:

I hope Big Sam gets hired somewhere at least and gets to come back to Goodison with the away team :D

July 13, 2018, 09:30:48 PM
Reply #21

indiantoffee1975

Not worried about any of those sides mentioned, I expect to us to finish above them, it will be interesting to see if we can close that gap on sixth place and by how many.

July 13, 2018, 09:53:51 PM
Reply #22

Macca77

Not worried about any of those sides mentioned, I expect to us to finish above them, it will be interesting to see if we can close that gap on sixth place and by how many.

This is exactly may way of thinking. I still believe we will finish comfortably in 7th even if we don't bring anyone in.

Bonkers me.

July 13, 2018, 09:59:16 PM
Reply #23

Evertonian in NC

Someone always surprises.  I'd bet on Fulham to make top half, but that may just be me liking their style and having a few buddies who love 'em.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 13, 2018, 10:09:16 PM
Reply #24

Bluedylan

our own expectations

I do think that's the battle this season. We need to calm down as a fanbase and as a club, and let a new manager have a season to establish himself (as long as he's not disastrous, obviously).

It would be good to get 7th or higher, and get back into Europe if we could. Also hopefully we can have a good go at winning a cup. But as long as we're top 10, and clearly building towards something better for the future, with players improving and young players growing in influence, I think we should be happy.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 13, 2018, 10:10:35 PM
Reply #25

blue slug

Yeah we need to look at the long game, the last two seasons have set us back a lot I think

July 13, 2018, 10:15:05 PM
Reply #26

indiantoffee1975

Aside from Martinez's last two seasons, Goodison has generally been a fortress over the last 15 years, I expect that to continue and we pick up somewhere between 35-45 points. Away form will be key to closing that gap on sixth.

July 14, 2018, 08:40:04 PM
Reply #27

Mayor Farnum

Liverpool are our biggest rival every season, this will be no different

Have we entered the postcode lottery?

July 15, 2018, 05:24:32 PM
Reply #28

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

West Ham signing another big money player - Anderson (Goal scoring Attacking Mid) for 42 million. They are really going for it. Are they really going for it, or do you reckon Lanzini is on the way for big money :)

July 15, 2018, 06:14:49 PM
Reply #29

djws1788

Lanzini did his ACL in the lead up to the World Cup and probably won’t play for them until sometime in the 19/20 season