November 20, 2018, 11:25:14 AM

Poll

Which team do you think will be our biggest rival for league position this season

Author Topic: Who will be our biggest league rival this season  (Read 2269 times)

July 15, 2018, 08:45:06 PM
Reply #30

fubarruk

The top 6 are miles away from the rest (us included) aside from them  it's a bit of a lottery.

We'll be slugging it out with Leicester, Burnley, West Ham and Newcastle for places 7-10, won't be much in it tbh, we're as capable of finishing 10th as we are 7th.

July 15, 2018, 08:54:54 PM
Reply #31

Shogun

Administrator
Would back Wolves and/or Fulham to finish higher than those teams.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

July 15, 2018, 09:37:11 PM
Reply #32

Fynci

West Ham are doing what we did last season, it didn't go our way, but who knows for them? They are the best placed to attack 7th right now. I think Southampton will improve considerably, and believe the likes of Newcastle and Fulham will compete. Leicester have lost another big player so they could wane, and Burnley will tire in Europe.

If we strengthen then who knows, but as it stands now I think we'll be battling 8-10th spot.

July 15, 2018, 09:48:27 PM
Reply #33

Waltzer

West Ham are doing what we did last season, it didn't go our way, but who knows for them? They are the best placed to attack 7th right now. I think Southampton will improve considerably, and believe the likes of Newcastle and Fulham will compete. Leicester have lost another big player so they could wane, and Burnley will tire in Europe.

If we strengthen then who knows, but as it stands now I think we'll be battling 8-10th spot.

Not sure,  West Ham seem to have an idea of what they want and are strengthening across the team. We seemed intent on strengthening the same position threefold. As things stand id be more excited by their squad than ours

July 15, 2018, 10:20:57 PM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Not sure,  West Ham seem to have an idea of what they want and are strengthening across the team. We seemed intent on strengthening the same position threefold. As things stand id be more excited by their squad than ours

If they keep Arnautovic as well you’d probably say best attacking talent outside the top 6?

Arnautovic, Antonio, Felipe Anderson, Yarmolenko...real shame for them Lanzini is out and they have not replaced his skill set really - unless wilshere has a good year.

Not 100 % sure they are all players who turn up every week, and they feel a bit similar in terms of physicality and style but why not, worse things to pack your side with.

Not sure on the rest of their side as well.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:30:33 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 15, 2018, 11:04:16 PM
Reply #35

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Not worried about West Ham in the slightest if I'm honest. People's heads wobbling over their signings - Wiltshire has had more time injured in his career Bryan Darren Anderton , Yarmalenko and Anderson have no experience of the PL and I think one or both will flop.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 15, 2018, 11:06:03 PM
Reply #36

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Not worried about West Ham in the slightest if I'm honest. People's heads wobbling over their signings - Wiltshire has had more time injured in his career Bryan Darren Anderton , Yarmalenko and Anderson have no experience of the PL and I think one or both will flop.

They'll be top after 3 games then hopefully disappear.
My momma says I'm special.

July 16, 2018, 01:09:31 AM
Reply #37

Ross

They'll be top after 3 games then hopefully disappear.

Hmmm they’re playing us about 4 games in!
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 16, 2018, 01:13:31 AM
Reply #38

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Hmmm they’re playing us about 4 games in!

It'll be great to burst all those bubbles they'll have been blowing

July 16, 2018, 01:20:59 AM
Reply #39

Mayor Farnum

Heads wobbling? Some previous posters have merely pointed out that a team in a similar situation to ourselves have been very active in the market.

There is a real rush to accuse others of panic lately.

July 16, 2018, 01:26:12 AM
Reply #40

Ross

It'll be great to burst all those bubbles they'll have been blowing

Reminds me of the old Michael Jackson joke..
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 16, 2018, 01:34:43 AM
Reply #41

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Heads wobbling? Some previous posters have merely pointed out that a team in a similar situation to ourselves have been very active in the market.

There is a real rush to accuse others of panic lately.

Not on here mate. On various social media sites. Seen plenty of it today
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 16, 2018, 01:54:29 AM
Reply #42

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Reminds me of the old Michael Jackson joke..

What’s the difference between Michael Jackson and a grocery bag?

July 16, 2018, 02:12:05 AM
Reply #43

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

I agree, their whole buying spree is rather Koeman/Walshesque !

July 16, 2018, 04:13:43 AM
Reply #44

Shogun

Administrator

Fabianski
Fredericks Diop Reid Cresswell
Wilshere Noble
Arnautovic Anderson Yarmolenko
Hernandez

Looks strong to me.

I don't rate Pellegrini as a manager though.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth