August 16, 2018, 05:11:28 AM

Author Topic: Bolasie: Fenerbahce on loan  (Read 2133 times)

July 17, 2018, 03:02:38 AM
Reply #30

Heisenberg

Loaning him at this age is terrible business. Should be cutting our losses on him this summer

July 17, 2018, 03:05:50 AM
Reply #31

gizzblue

Bye bye Bolasie lad .....

hello Ade lookman lad ...

This decision should've been made Christmas last year by Sam ...still better late than never.

July 17, 2018, 03:06:57 AM
Reply #32

Thornton_19

Loaning him at this age is terrible business. Should be cutting our losses on him this summer
Probably nobody will match our wages for him. If his motivation is to make money then why would he leave?

Maybe nobody will meet our valuation however low or high it is.

Its not always Evertons fault.

July 17, 2018, 03:17:22 AM
Reply #33

Lxxx

A poorly informed, wealthy accountant of a successful businessman let a dour, arrogant, uninterested Dutchman and a chief scout/p.e. teacher make and take mad decisions with a chunk of his fortune.

Spot on. Although I would contest we wasted his fortune, more like funds the club had access to under his guarantee.

July 17, 2018, 03:17:45 AM
Reply #34

American Evertonian

Nothing confirmed by the club yet.

I'm sure it is close - wonder what the fee is though...
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

July 17, 2018, 03:20:16 AM
Reply #35

Ross

Really?

None of his own?

No, generated by the club from player trading,  increased tv deal and sponsorship in the main.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 17, 2018, 03:23:33 AM
Reply #36

KoemansNumberTens

Itís painful seeing how little we are getting for some of our players. Klassen bolasie and mirallas. We might have to pay them all the leave. Sandro too. Keane on big wages with it all to prove still. Even sigurdsson considering the fee and wages

We just spent last summer throwing it around like it was unlimited. Thank fuck it appears we have finally got a little sense

July 17, 2018, 03:24:22 AM
Reply #37

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How much is pace worth when the player comes to a complete stop pretty much every time he gets the ball?

Lookman might be slower in absolute terms but if he makes decisions quicker, and it seems like he does, I don't think we'll feel the difference much (if at all).

Meh. Weíve seen many times that he can be used as an outlet driving up the pitch. And before he got injured he was playing well.

I donít feel strongly either way to be honest but I find some of the comments a bit fuckin daft and yeah - until I see some actual positive stuff Iím not going to be celebrating too much.

Like I say Iíd be absolutely fine with it actually if we sold him, but im looking at big kev mirallas turning up for work this week and thinking great so this situation again.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 17, 2018, 03:25:02 AM
Reply #38

GrantyBoy78

Fume on here if Lookman doesnít destroy Wolves.

July 17, 2018, 03:25:26 AM
Reply #39

Evertonian in NC

I think Keane and Sigurdsson will still turn out to be good acquisitions, if not value buys.  Certainly not tire fires like the rest.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 17, 2018, 03:28:23 AM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think heís on £80k pw.

Not ideal but his value is very low now as heís post injury with the 6 months hard graft (ie rubbish form) counting against it too.

If heís not in the first team picture then I think the best way of keeping his value at something acceptable is a loan.

We'll probably receive a fee and itís wages not here for a year while a longer term solution can be found.

Unless he really bombs there I canít see us being in a worse position finacially with him that now.

Jesus Christ did we really need to give him 80k a week to tempt him away from Palace ffs.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 17, 2018, 03:28:37 AM
Reply #41

Danny

Itís painful seeing how little we are getting for some of our players. Klassen bolasie and mirallas. We might have to pay them all the leave. Sandro too. Keane on big wages with it all to prove still. Even sigurdsson considering the fee and wages

We just spent last summer throwing it around like it was unlimited. Thank fuck it appears we have finally got a little sense

As i've said before announcing we have a 38 man squad and have to sell a lot of players doesn't scream "We'll play hardball in negotiations" every team out there will be trying their luck and probably succeed.

July 17, 2018, 03:41:06 AM
Reply #42

sam of the south

No, generated by the club from player trading,  increased tv deal and sponsorship in the main.

Surely our ridiculous wage bill swallows a large portion of the TV money.

I canít imagine he hasnít put any of his own money in.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 17, 2018, 04:13:43 AM
Reply #43

KoemansNumberTens

As i've said before announcing we have a 38 man squad and have to sell a lot of players doesn't scream "We'll play hardball in negotiations" every team out there will be trying their luck and probably succeed.

I think their contracts make it impossible to play hardball with anyone.

July 17, 2018, 04:21:28 AM
Reply #44

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Jesus Christ did we really need to give him 80k a week to tempt him away from Palace ffs.

Goes with the fee, Iíd guess.

Not huge these days either to be fair.