November 18, 2017, 10:32:48 AM

Author Topic: 'He was eating grass' - Remember This Derby?  (Read 1870 times)

January 13, 2011, 02:07:19 PM
Read 1870 times

Thomas

The first time I went to an Anfield Derby. Went with my Ma, was in the Centenary and just remember us both going crazy after 40 seconds when Dacourt scored. Shame IT, and the other 15 I've been to since, never turned/worked out the right way.

Liverpool - Everton 3 April 1999

Fortunes eventually must change , Bring on Sunday? Not Half.  :thumbsup:

deCoubertin

January 13, 2011, 02:09:35 PM
Reply #1

Thomas

Will never forget asking my ma what Fowler was doing after he scored (I was only 10) and my mum being rather tight lipped!
Even though we weren't the best I remember that team with fond memories - Balls, Jeffers, Hutchison, Waggy, Cadamateri, Materazzi and Dacourt....... We liked getting stuck in and winning ugly.

...First season i really got taken the game regularly really.

January 13, 2011, 04:25:57 PM
Reply #2

Deano Blue Boy

I remember that game, was playing footy outside with me mates around me nans, whilst some fella had the game on the radio.

Everytime i scored i kept on screaming 'Dacourt'.

January 13, 2011, 07:35:18 PM
Reply #3

Connavar

I don't know what you mean mate, "Songy brought it from France"...

January 14, 2011, 12:15:28 AM
Reply #4

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
My first anfield derby was the 1-1 a couple of seasons back.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 14, 2011, 02:40:52 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
i remember watching it with my family. i was only little so i obviously wanted to know what the whole snorting thing was about. nobody said anything for a second and then one of my brothers just went. "it's because he's a little scally drug head scum bag." and that was that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 14, 2011, 02:50:41 AM
Reply #6

Thomas

i remember watching it with my family. i was only little so i obviously wanted to know what the whole snorting thing was about. nobody said anything for a second and then one of my brothers just went. "it's because he's a little scally drug head scum bag." and that was that.

LOL!

January 14, 2011, 06:08:48 PM
Reply #7

JewishToffee92

My first afield derby was 05/06 when we got beat 3-1, I always vowed I wouldnt go to anfield but my arl fella told me about how good it is to win there and I felt very optimistic so I thought why not. gets in there and the atmosphere was bouncing, I had been to loads of away games before and saw us in derbys at goodison and wembley but derbies at anfield have intense atmostsphere, been to everyone of them since never saw us win and I'm not one bit confident for Sunday as a few people have posted the players need to have some bottle and character about them

January 14, 2011, 06:42:40 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
My first one was the Kanchelskis derby.

Having missed the Super Kev one, it's been down hill from then!

January 16, 2011, 05:45:15 AM
Reply #9

Thomas

My first afield derby was 05/06 when we got beat 3-1, I always vowed I wouldnt go to anfield but my arl fella told me about how good it is to win there and I felt very optimistic so I thought why not. gets in there and the atmosphere was bouncing, I had been to loads of away games before and saw us in derbys at goodison and wembley but derbies at anfield have intense atmostsphere, been to everyone of them since never saw us win and I'm not one bit confident for Sunday as a few people have posted the players need to have some bottle and character about them

Same here fella, I was hoping i'd only have to go once! See us win first time round, and never go back!

January 16, 2011, 04:52:25 PM
Reply #10

blue for you

didn't fowler get his nose broke the weekend after that match in a hotel or nightclub.

January 17, 2011, 05:43:18 AM
Reply #11

Thomas

January 17, 2011, 08:58:19 AM
Reply #12

kenyon

i remember watching him drop down and my mouth dropping open,. I was disgusted beyond words at that sick kpud. Years later I have started thinking that was a pretty good goal celebration. But never as good as the goal celebration where you shut your mouth, act like a man and just go back to your spot fpor the kickoff. bunch of faggot queers. still remember his 'smack head' celebration.