December 10, 2018, 02:36:58 PM

Author Topic: 'He was eating grass' - Remember This Derby?  (Read 2274 times)

January 13, 2011, 02:07:19 PM
Read 2274 times

Thomas

The first time I went to an Anfield Derby. Went with my Ma, was in the Centenary and just remember us both going crazy after 40 seconds when Dacourt scored. Shame IT, and the other 15 I've been to since, never turned/worked out the right way.

Liverpool - Everton 3 April 1999

Fortunes eventually must change , Bring on Sunday? Not Half.  :thumbsup:

January 13, 2011, 02:09:35 PM
Reply #1

Thomas

Will never forget asking my ma what Fowler was doing after he scored (I was only 10) and my mum being rather tight lipped!
Even though we weren't the best I remember that team with fond memories - Balls, Jeffers, Hutchison, Waggy, Cadamateri, Materazzi and Dacourt....... We liked getting stuck in and winning ugly.

...First season i really got taken the game regularly really.

January 14, 2011, 02:50:41 AM
Reply #2

Thomas

i remember watching it with my family. i was only little so i obviously wanted to know what the whole snorting thing was about. nobody said anything for a second and then one of my brothers just went. "it's because he's a little scally drug head scum bag." and that was that.

LOL!

January 16, 2011, 05:45:15 AM
Reply #3

Thomas

My first afield derby was 05/06 when we got beat 3-1, I always vowed I wouldnt go to anfield but my arl fella told me about how good it is to win there and I felt very optimistic so I thought why not. gets in there and the atmosphere was bouncing, I had been to loads of away games before and saw us in derbys at goodison and wembley but derbies at anfield have intense atmostsphere, been to everyone of them since never saw us win and I'm not one bit confident for Sunday as a few people have posted the players need to have some bottle and character about them

Same here fella, I was hoping i'd only have to go once! See us win first time round, and never go back!

January 17, 2011, 05:43:18 AM
Reply #4

Thomas