September 22, 2018, 06:15:57 AM

Author Topic: Malcom in advanced talks  (Read 10078 times)

July 18, 2018, 09:33:57 PM
Reply #165

Bluedylan

I’ll be honest - not even sure what my point is now. Just seems to have become a bone of contention and I’m gnawing at it whenever possible.

I think partly it’s this ‘flappers’ thing that’s popular on the site at the moment. As though anyone who isn’t an image of zen tranquility is some headless moron who wants us to splash another 200 mil.

Brands and Silva have credit in the bank for me deffo. And the links i’ve seen I’ve largely liked. Especially Malcom and Tierney.

Fair enough, the flappers thing is a bit cheap and reductive. Apologies for my comments on that front. Thanks for the reasonable response to my comment.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 18, 2018, 09:34:09 PM
Reply #166

SANA_DR0

Not interested, no deals imminent.

Well, none of you are allowed to be disappointed either. Go with what we’ve got won’t we eh @SANA_DR0

i dont really mind, i know we need to improve, but given we have a whole new manager/dof situation, with the amount of really good young english players our previous managment teams neglected/didnt use correctly. i know and understand it will take us a few seasons to be where we all want us to be.

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 18, 2018, 09:46:11 PM
Reply #167

Waltzer

i dont really mind, i know we need to improve, but given we have a whole new manager/dof situation, with the amount of really good young english players our previous managment teams neglected/didnt use correctly. i know and understand it will take us a few seasons to be where we all want us to be.

I like the optimism, but what evidence is there to suggest we have really good youngsters and they've been neglected? So far Lookman has gone out on loan and did okay, none of the other players have done anything of note, yes they need to be given some kind of opportunity but if we're pinning our hopes on what might be, then we're in trouble.
And so far there have been us, West Ham, Chelsea and Arsenal that have changed managers, every team has made signings with the exception of 1 and you could argue that Silva was fully aware he was going to be Everton manager 7 months ago so he should have a decent idea of what was required!

July 18, 2018, 09:55:09 PM
Reply #168

Cereal Killer

We've been hamstrung by the previous incompetence

Our squad size is still ridiculously big, with an unsustainable, outlandish wage bill

If you think we can just click our fingers and shift Ashley Williams and his 70k a week wage to anyone, give your head a shake

July 18, 2018, 10:15:29 PM
Reply #169

sam of the south

Our squad size is still ridiculously big, with an unsustainable, outlandish wage bill

If you think we can just click our fingers and shift Ashley Williams and his 70k a week wage to anyone, give your head a shake

Jesus, £70k a week for ‘passionately’ starting a lame brawl against Lyon  ::)
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 18, 2018, 10:16:09 PM
Reply #170

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I like the optimism, but what evidence is there to suggest we have really good youngsters and they've been neglected? So far Lookman has gone out on loan and did okay, none of the other players have done anything of note, yes they need to be given some kind of opportunity but if we're pinning our hopes on what might be, then we're in trouble.
And so far there have been us, West Ham, Chelsea and Arsenal that have changed managers, every team has made signings with the exception of 1 and you could argue that Silva was fully aware he was going to be Everton manager 7 months ago so he should have a decent idea of what was required!

We won the U23 league the season before last, and 5 of our youngsters won the U20 World Cup as starters for England.  The former captain of that age group who wasn't taken to the tournament to rest him played around 40 games for the first team last season.  All of those featured either for our first team or on loan in the championship and we've no reports whatsoever to say any of them weren't at the levels expected of them.

What exactly more do you expect them to have done by this age given the mess we've been the last few years?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

July 18, 2018, 10:16:32 PM
Reply #171

Rodenplav64

Groundhog day .

July 18, 2018, 10:20:45 PM
Reply #172

Cereal Killer

What exactly more do you expect them to have done by this age given the mess we've been the last few years?

lolol

Scored in the World Cup final and moved to PSG for £150m? That's the baseline for a teenager to be good these days

July 18, 2018, 10:24:05 PM
Reply #173

Lxxx

I thought he’d be perfect for a newly promoted team, who hadn’t seen him play much the last 12 months.

July 18, 2018, 10:25:22 PM
Reply #174

Cereal Killer

I thought he’d be perfect for a newly promoted team, who hadn’t seen him play much the last 12 months.

Damn people having eyes.... and a desire to stay up....

July 18, 2018, 10:26:41 PM
Reply #175

Eifel65

First Silva had to assess the situation, then Brands. Then World Cup was delaying signings, off-loading needed etc. To me it is obvious we don't have adequate funds. Giving pro-deals to youngsters and having "ongoing interests" is just a smoke-screen while other clubs are making straight-forward signings left and right. If we are lucky we will get last-gasp signing on deadline day. Hopefully I am proven wrong but believe less every day.

July 18, 2018, 10:44:30 PM
Reply #176

Cozzie

In accordance to modern day FFP ruling we are pretty much as skint as skint can get unless we shift players which is proving to be difficult.

Shite.

July 18, 2018, 10:45:39 PM
Reply #177

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
lolol

Scored in the World Cup final and moved to PSG for £150m? That's the baseline for a teenager to be good these days

Do you reckon we could get that for DCL? :)
"If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." – Wayne Dyer

July 18, 2018, 10:55:05 PM
Reply #178

blue slug

I know its only Goal.com but they are saying we have actually tabled a bid which is different to what they say half hour ago

July 18, 2018, 11:44:17 PM
Reply #179

D15TIN

Bordeaux have just tweeted Malcolm left out their squad tonight.. the plot thickens