August 16, 2018, 05:12:01 AM

Author Topic: Toffee TV  (Read 1210 times)

July 18, 2018, 06:51:16 PM
Reply #15

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Never watched it but it can’t be worse than “the Everton show” on the OS.

Yeah, can't watch that either.  But again, I'd probably listen to it in the car if it was available in audio format.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

July 18, 2018, 06:52:44 PM
Reply #16

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I listen to the blue room, that's alright.

July 18, 2018, 07:06:14 PM
Reply #17

GrantyBoy78

Gave it the swerve when PED went on a rant on twitter questioning the journalistic merits of the likes of David Prentice, and Greg O'keefe, saying he could do a better job as he'll ask the hard hitting questions.

That Baz is alright, but the PED fella genuinely thinks he should have some sort of influence on the club.

That's the problem with all this fan media. They get a bit popular and suddenly think the club owes them something.
I think he was right though; don’t you think it was weird that no one asked why Klassen wasn’t at least playing for the U23s? The reason local journalists aren’t respected is because they just write stories around what they’re fed by the club.

July 18, 2018, 07:13:19 PM
Reply #18

GrantyBoy78

ToffeeTV has pretty much made this forum redundant to me tbh as I only use it for Everton news. I can see why people use it for the social aspect though.

July 18, 2018, 07:18:52 PM
Reply #19

GrantyBoy78

There’s a weird scouse dynamic to this where rather being into it or just saying ‘it’s not for me’ and leaving there; some Evertonian’s actually hate them because they see them as exploiters if the fanbase or something. They put the hours in, so fair play to them if they’re making a bit of money out of it.

July 18, 2018, 07:23:10 PM
Reply #20

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
There’s a weird scouse dynamic to this where rather being into it or just saying ‘it’s not for me’ and leaving there; some Evertonian’s actually hate them because they see them as exploiters if the fanbase or something. They put the hours in, so fair play to them if they’re making a bit of money out of it.

Yeah i don't really care if anyone makes money best of luck to them.

July 18, 2018, 07:31:22 PM
Reply #21

Bluedylan

I don't mind either way about them. I just listen to the quality of the content and the 'analysis' and make a judgement based on that. Baz is pretty good at what he does. Ped talks nonsense and doesn't listen to other people.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 18, 2018, 09:43:28 PM
Reply #22

Simon Paul

Administrator
Probably because Si and Bally indoctrinated people on here to say it, no idea though really.
When?

I pulled Thomas up on continually posting links to them and that's the only comment I've made about them on here.

I think that's also true of Bally

I've not watched an episode in full, ever. I even switched off when David france was on it because Ped talked over him too much. I'm just not into watching stuff like that though, about any subject.

Redmen TV is fucking horrendous mind

July 18, 2018, 10:14:31 PM
Reply #23

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Probably because Si and Bally indoctrinated people on here to say it, no idea though really.

Pretty sure i explained why. Because i know them both a bit and it's always weird watching people you know do stuff like that.

July 18, 2018, 10:56:04 PM
Reply #24

D15TIN

Just supporters as far as I'm aware. Ped is well known amongst the Everton forum communities.

I personally find Toffee TV just as cringeworthy as those Red Men nobheads.
Peds a cringeworthy over the top bell, I agree with most of what that Baz says, but yeah I struggle to watch it.

July 18, 2018, 11:23:25 PM
Reply #25

Bally

Administrator
Never have I ever said it's cringe worthy. Tbh I'm not even qualified to comment on it for the amount I have watched, I know the lads personally, I just don't like the show.
It's the roll I way

July 18, 2018, 11:48:25 PM
Reply #26

woodduck

I watch it on a pretty regular basis during the season. I like hearing their take on how games went.

Prefer the podcast format because I can listen whilst going to work or doing stuff around the house, but I don't know of any right now that are regular podcasters (Followtonians is no longer, as with NSNO).

I actually think Ped is OK and prefer his presentation style over Baz's.

What I think is interesting now though is how much they can play a role in manager sackings. They can really get worked up when they don't like someone and being a major social player they do have some influence on the fanbase.

July 19, 2018, 12:54:32 AM
Reply #27

SANA_DR0

theres been some funny ball street episodes tho..

when Ped wanted Koeman sacked and when we where being boring under Sam..

classic comedy that.  Ped is probably the best person on ball street as well.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 19, 2018, 01:12:39 AM
Reply #28

toffee_scot

I've watched quite a bit of their content especially the post-match reactions or some of their mid-week topics.

I think it's alright and credit to the guys for spending a lot of time and effort on doing this kind of thing and being able to invite or interview certain individuals connected to the club. Ped can come across a little too loud or bullish but Baz seems more level headed.

I wish them well with Toffee TV and if many other Evertonians like it then great.

July 19, 2018, 01:17:27 AM
Reply #29

Thornton_19

I watch it, i enjoy getting a lot of opinions on things. I view it the same as reading posts on here or listening to the shit my uncles talk about Everton. I enjoy getting multiple points of views on things. So the show does that.