October 22, 2018, 08:28:27 AM

Author Topic: Welbeck  (Read 3060 times)

July 19, 2018, 07:04:15 PM
Reply #30

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Niasse is a better striker than wellbeck

July 19, 2018, 07:07:07 PM
Reply #31

kramer0

I can’t see this being true.

He’s a fine player but CF isn’t a priority. Would be nothing but a waste of time and money.

July 19, 2018, 07:24:09 PM
Reply #32

Lxxx

Welbeck is better than Niasse
He would only be second fiddle to Tosun either way so if we sign him as back up striker, i am 100% ok with that
Likewise if we signed Danny Ings or the like, I am ok with that too as they are all better then Niasse and will only be back ups anyways

Niasse’s goal record is a lot better than Welbeck’s. He’s never injured, makes things happen and will run through brick walls for the team.

I know he’s not the most graceful to watch but it pisses me off the way he’s slagged off on here.

July 19, 2018, 07:38:36 PM
Reply #33

Tofifee

Niasse is a better striker than wellbeck

He is in his Niasse !

July 19, 2018, 07:42:21 PM
Reply #34

Evertonian in NC

Niasse’s goal record is a lot better than Welbeck’s. He’s never injured, makes things happen and will run through brick walls for the team.

I know he’s not the most graceful to watch but it pisses me off the way he’s slagged off on here.

It's ok to make fun of Niasse in a gentle way, but not a MEAN way.  FFS, we just got rid of Allardyce and dodged a Shakira - can we not with Welbeck?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 19, 2018, 07:43:57 PM
Reply #35

Danny

Also why are we buying people slightly better than our subs instead of people better than our starters?

Why do some shit patchwork job on the team when a wholesale strip out is necessary.

July 19, 2018, 08:07:16 PM
Reply #36

Lxxx

Also why are we buying people slightly better than our subs instead of people better than our starters?

Why do some shit patchwork job on the team when a wholesale strip out is necessary.

We're not buying Welbeck though. It's just a rumour without any substance, like most things at the minute.

July 19, 2018, 08:13:15 PM
Reply #37

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I can’t see this being true.

He’s a fine player but CF isn’t a priority. Would be nothing but a waste of time and money.

He's not a fine player

July 19, 2018, 08:19:48 PM
Reply #38

Ross

There’s a couple of posters that got so embittered towards Niasse starting and doing well that they have seemingly stopped posting on here because of it.

There’s others knocking about with wounded pride over knee jerk reactions to him initially as well but he keeps scoring and smiling when given an opportunity so there’s no much more to be done for them they’ll always be ready to complain.

Out of this current squad Niasse is certainly one of lesser concerns.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 19, 2018, 08:20:02 PM
Reply #39

blue slug

He's not a fine player

Spot on Silas, he's average, hardly score, hardly plays

July 19, 2018, 09:09:01 PM
Reply #40

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
There’s a couple of posters that got so embittered towards Niasse starting and doing well that they have seemingly stopped posting on here because of it.

There’s others knocking about with wounded pride over knee jerk reactions to him initially as well but he keeps scoring and smiling when given an opportunity so there’s no much more to be done for them they’ll always be ready to complain.

It is a weird one.

I still think he's not a good footballer.
Even when i am actually looking at the 9 in 25 stat he got last year (all the better considering his min/goal rate).

In fact, i know he is not a good footballer. He is very poor at all aspects EXCEPT forcing the ball over the line.
But considering i defended Lukaku with the line "a striker should score goals and that's all that matters" i appreciate i may be a bit of a hypocrite here.

July 19, 2018, 09:12:50 PM
Reply #41

Gash

Global Moderator

People probably don't comment anymore because there's not much left to say, the debate's gone round and round in circles for long enough but I'll bite to your dig. As with most things the reality's somewhere in the middle, he's not as bad as first thought, as a footballer he's still not very good but has an eye for goal, so did Jermaine Beckford though and if it wasn't for Niasse's back story people wouldn't get nearly as misty eyed about him and throw out the snide little digs whenever he scores, by contrast he went 13 appearances with only 3 goals and an assist between January 1st and the end of the season, but no one mentions that. He's a streaky player and that's one of the problems, when he's not getting goals he doesn't offer much else due to his limitations, then when he tumbles one in some people go way over the top both with the praise and the little digs. People question his ability, no one questions his effort or attitude and I don't think anyone's ever got nasty about him. He's still not had a decent starting run in the team under any of the managers hes worked under, the current one included (it's a bit of a myth he did well under Silva at Hull) and also at international level and that in itself tells a story.

I would rather we kept him as back up than went and spent what would require a fortune on Welbeck though but Niasse is also a reflection on how bad our recruitment has been at times over the last few years that having spent way over £250m we still have him on our books and that's only because Palace couldn't agree terms in January. Buying Welbeck would just add to that poor recruitment.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:14:15 PM by Gash »

July 19, 2018, 09:16:29 PM
Reply #42

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It is a weird one.

Even when i am actually looking at the 9 in 25 stat he got last year (all the better considering his min/goal rate).

In fact, i know he is not a good footballer. He is very poor at all aspects EXCEPT forcing the ball over the line.
But considering i defended Lukaku with the line "a striker should score goals and that's all that matters" i appreciate i may be a bit of a hypocrite here.

He's really not poor at all aspects.

I feel a little silly defending this point whenever it comes up, but he's a decent striker who has kind of an impossible act to follow with Lukaku who was one of our best strikers in our history. Perhaps we might want a better one, or a different type of player it doesn't necessarily make him bad.

He's a decent striker. A decent player. He has a role in this team at the moment. If we want better, that's up to our current recruitment staff to attract better.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:18:43 PM by blueToffee »

July 19, 2018, 09:18:42 PM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It is a weird one.

Feel the same way

Whatever it is that he does, he manages to do it with remarkable consistency through his career.

Fuck it, keep him.

If we have loads of the ball and just want someone to bounce it in off their arse in he 90th minute, he’s your man. If DCL is injured and we need someone to run the channels and chase defenders - he’s you’re man.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 19, 2018, 09:20:52 PM
Reply #44

Tofifee

I think his name doesn't help!