November 13, 2018, 04:18:16 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Lille, Sat 21st July  (Read 4123 times)

July 22, 2018, 04:20:10 AM
Reply #165

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I really like vlasic.

I hope we’re patient with him and give him time to improve. There’s a very good player in there.

July 22, 2018, 04:25:44 AM
Reply #166

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah he’s missing a little something in actually competing on the pitch I think. On the ball, no doubts whatsoever he looks a real baller, but compared to say how Davies is able to impose himself on the opposition without the ball, even just with movement, he looks a bit off prem ready to me.

For me the issue here is minutes. There should be some highly paid and highly skilled people mapping out his development.

There’s footballers out there built like him, so that’s not an issue for me. I think he needs some real coaching and importantly the right care and attention he deserves in terms of amount of minutes and (crucially) when they’re given.

July 22, 2018, 04:26:04 AM
Reply #167

sam of the south

Yeah he’s missing a little something in actually competing on the pitch I think. On the ball, no doubts whatsoever he looks a real baller, but compared to say how Davies is able to impose himself on the opposition without the ball, even just with movement, he looks a bit off prem ready to me.

Yeah, you’re right.

And because his movement isn’t there yet, and he lacks pace and/or physicality, his touch has to be spot on, otherwise he invariably loses the ball.

Juxtapose that with Besic, whose movement, pace, and physicality are all superior, he often gets away with the odd heavy touch.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 22, 2018, 04:29:00 AM
Reply #168

sam of the south

I really like vlasic.

I hope we’re patient with him and give him time to improve. There’s a very good player in there.

Yes, however I still can’t help thinking he would flourish more if played a bit deeper and more centrally in an attacking midfield role.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 22, 2018, 06:24:46 AM
Reply #169

Gash

Global Moderator

July 22, 2018, 06:33:23 AM
Reply #170

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

July 22, 2018, 11:15:26 AM
Reply #171

blue1948

https://twitter.com/ALANMYERSMEDIA/status/1020808418330898432
I love Mo and hope he gets the chance .I don't understand how some on here give Oumar all the praise for attitude but not Mo . They both play their hearts out for me .

July 22, 2018, 02:14:58 PM
Reply #172

Rodenplav64

I think he established that he can play at the Championship level last season: four goals and lots of minutes on loan. But, yeah, I don't think he is Prem level, and certainly not top 6 level or even close.

Luckily neither are we .

July 22, 2018, 06:25:17 PM
Reply #173

Dr. Sponge

Yes, however I still can't help thinking he would flourish more if played a bit deeper and more centrally in an attacking midfield role.

There’s a 9 minute video of one of our training matches that Vlasic looks quite impressive in, on the Everton app. Plays quite central in it too (if he’s the one in the yellow bib).