December 12, 2019, 03:28:29 PM

Author Topic: Richarlison  (Read 74874 times)

July 22, 2018, 06:27:01 PM
Reply #450

School of Science

No chance £35m is the going rate.

So far there’s been 205 players bought by premier league clubs this summer, only 7 of them have been for £30m or more.

It’s a very big fee whichever way people want to slice or dice it.

For a young, up and coming Brazilian ( hmmm), skillfuller and pacy, just the type of player our slow and dreary team needs. We are paying for potential, like United did with Martial, with the plus fact he has premier league experience. For our accountants he has sell on value.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 22, 2018, 06:27:55 PM
Reply #451

School of Science

Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 22, 2018, 06:31:04 PM
Reply #452

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Plus add ons as well mate.

Including add ons according to the echo.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 22, 2018, 06:32:23 PM
Reply #453

Sixx1402

Just to clarify, I have no real problem with paying £35m for Richarlison, I think it's a bit high but as it probably includes compensation to Watford then fine.

My problem will be if, if, IF we sell lookman for £20m or less. That will make the deal look ridiculous.

That's all I'm saying, and it's all speculation
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 22, 2018, 06:32:33 PM
Reply #454

Ross

Ok. Take off 10 mill for Silva (we were prepared to pay in excess of 15 mill remember).

Does 25 rising to 30 sound better then?

Don’t believe the Silva thing for one second.

Firstly why would Brands, a DoF, who’s reputation lives and dies by buying a selling players for value risk paying an extremely high fee just to accommodate previous recruitment cock ups? And secondly why wouldn’t Watford rather not keep the player and get the compensation if Everton are trying to back door it like that?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 22, 2018, 06:35:40 PM
Reply #455

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Similar age, same position, very similar attributes and both just had a good half a season in a good league

I'd say they were if not the same, very similar

Similar sure but if we’re being very honest with ourselves, richarlison tearing up the prem for half a year is worth a great deal more then Lookman looking quite good in Germany for half a season.

I would back Lookman to have a season matching richarlison I really would, but richarlison the safer bet at this point. Plus he’s bigger and stronger and maybe quicker so he’s also less likely to lose value.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 22, 2018, 06:36:13 PM
Reply #456

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Firstly why would Brands, a DoF, who’s reputation lives and dies by buying a selling players for value risk paying an extremely high fee just to accommodate previous recruitment cock ups? And secondly why wouldn’t Watford rather not keep the player and get the compensation if Everton are trying to back door it like that?

Because:
A) The player wants to play for Silva
B) Paying it seperately could be seen as admission of guilt, even if its mutually agreed
C) If they take it to court it could take ages, and then in the end they get less money than offered or the same money but its worth less because either transfer fees keep going up or sterling becomes worth less than sand after a no deal brexit.

Or, y'know, Brands thinks he's worth the £35m on a 6 year deal even without any side payment.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 06:38:09 PM by Goaljira »

July 22, 2018, 06:36:13 PM
Reply #457

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Because previous recruitment cock ups still exist regardless of whether he is here or not. We would end up paying Watford some compensation regardless of whether we went for Richarlison or not.

Watford probably do want to keep the player in an ideal world.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 22, 2018, 06:37:24 PM
Reply #458

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What would people say is a reasonable fee then?

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 22, 2018, 06:39:58 PM
Reply #459

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

The way some are going on here, Watford should be paying us to take him.

July 22, 2018, 06:42:41 PM
Reply #460

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

If it wasn't for the Lookman price rumours I don't think anyone would even blink at the £35m.

Same price as unproven Felipe Anderson, or what Malcom is costing Roma(Who being honest, 90% of us hadnt heard of before last week), or slightly more than half what City are paying for Mahrez, or 2/3 of the cost of an older Willian in the last year of his deal.

July 22, 2018, 06:43:15 PM
Reply #461

gizzblue

Some would say double the Arteta money easy

Others would make the spurs Enic international blush .

Id say it's about average .
Born not made a blue .

July 22, 2018, 06:43:34 PM
Reply #462

Ross

Because:
A) The player wants to play for Silva
B) Paying it seperately could be seen as admission of guilt, even if its mutually agreed
C) If they take it to court it could take ages, and then in the end they get less money than offered or the same money but its worth less because either transfer fees keep going up or sterling becomes worth less than sand after a no deal brexit.

Not sure Watford care one way or another if Richarlison wants to play for Silva, why would they? They could sell him to anybody.

By paying it either way is an acknowledgment of guilt surely? Otherwise why pay it at all? Not like we’re a charity handing out cash.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 22, 2018, 06:45:27 PM
Reply #463

Sixx1402

Similar sure but if we’re being very honest with ourselves, richarlison tearing up the prem for half a year is worth a great deal more then Lookman looking quite good in Germany for half a season.

I would back Lookman to have a season matching richarlison I really would, but richarlison the safer bet at this point. Plus he’s bigger and stronger and maybe quicker so he’s also less likely to lose value.

Yes but lookman is also English which increases his value here "but ok" I'll say fair enough.

Richarlison is currently probably the better prospect so yeah I'd say you're right on that
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 22, 2018, 06:45:47 PM
Reply #464

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure Watford care one way or another if Richarlison wants to play for Silva, why would they? They could sell him to anybody.

By paying it either way is an acknowledgment of guilt surely? Otherwise why pay it at all? Not like we’re a charity handing out cash.

Because for all intents and purposes the paperwork will say the money is for the transfer of Richarlison, so there is no written proof of any admission.  Just suposition and nods and winks.