December 15, 2019, 01:00:02 AM

Author Topic: Richarlison  (Read 75123 times)

July 20, 2018, 11:36:56 PM
Read 75123 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If he turns into another Coutinho, we'll easily triple our money.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 21, 2018, 01:22:35 AM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
This makes sense

https://twitter.com/TheRobVera/status/1020368121641697282

Exactly. We were prepared to pay almost 20 million for Silva alone.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 21, 2018, 02:06:56 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Already this has twice as many replies than Welbeck.

July 21, 2018, 02:41:05 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How would people be feeling if it was one of the big boys buying him? Seems many feel we missed the boat on Malcom and yet Richarlison is probably a similar level with prem experience too.

And now we know he's been playing so much, it explains the dip in form after Silva left.

This is the type of signing we need to be making. A blend of youth with prem experience, pace, skill and the ability to sell on in a few years time for a tidy profit.

Seems you can't please anyone. Complaints if we do this, complaints if we do that. I just want to see a damned exciting Everton team for once.

July 21, 2018, 03:19:26 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I hope you are right. Honestly if lookman played 38 games I'd expect to  at least match the 5 goals/4 assists....It's Not outstanding imo and I can't see hes worth the extra money to our starting 11.

And has been mentioned several times, he had been playing pretty much non stop for well over a year. Of course his form dipped in the second half of the season.

He's young as well. Let's get behind this if it comes off. Been waiting to see some flair at Everton for ages.

July 21, 2018, 03:44:40 AM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
50m is a bit steep like

Would include the money owed for Silva too as well as add ons etc.

July 21, 2018, 09:02:47 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Worst expensive signing by any team since Gylfi Sigurđsson.
Yeah. Let’s buy Danny Welbeck instead.

July 21, 2018, 05:08:53 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I have mixed feelings over this.

He's a big talent and has recently proved he can do it at Premier League level, still only at the age of 21. Looks to have a really good all-round game - quick, strong, energetic, both feet, strong in the tackle, good link up play, good vision. As he develops I think he could play anywhere across the forward line or in midfield.

But for now, I wouldn't have said he's what we needed most. CB, CM and LB still needs to be addressed. And although there's still time for that to happen, the clock is ticking. Also, the reported fee is really high. You can try to justify it, but Barca are making a third bid of £55mil for Willian as we speak and he is lightyears ahead of Richarlson, and proven at every level.

It's a brave move from Brands and Silva because they've opened themselves up for massive criticism if he flops, as most of us thought we'd be shopping for obscure bargains in different positions this summer. But ultimately, I believe in their vision for the club and trust their track record. So if that's who they want and for that price, then so be it.
Willian is also 29. I’d hate us to pay that much for a 29 year old.

We need 3 or 4 big signings this summer. This is one. Lb Cb and a midfielder to complete the shop.

July 21, 2018, 05:29:06 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I hope we do pay 50 for him. It means we’ve been successful.

July 21, 2018, 06:24:14 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Also people. Watford do hate us. We're always bound to pay over the odds, but Silva/Brands have clearly decided they believe in the player above and beyond any additional premium we have to pay.

I genuinely thought we wouldn't get near a Watford player this year. Just assumed they wouldn't even talk to us.

I was thinking that. Surprised to see we are even on speaking terms.

They must hate us. Taken their manager and best player in the past 6 months.

July 21, 2018, 06:31:28 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Watching that YT vid he seems a lot more robust and confident than Lookman

Yeah, stronger and bigger than I thought too. Looking forward to this one. About time we had a powerful forward player with some skill.

July 21, 2018, 07:16:18 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
To quote a Watford fan,

"If someone robbed your house, then came back and apologised and offered to pay your mortgage, would you say No."

It also isn't good, for either side, to have a club which they don't want to deal with.

This is true. Who else will take our Tom Cleverley's?

July 22, 2018, 01:11:26 AM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
According to some dude on there it does, as it was an Insta Story (I feel so shallow typing that out... I’m off to watch Love Island then I’m going to an EDM night with rolled up t-shirt sleeves)

You can upload a photo to an Instagram Story whenever you like. It's not live. I mean, it can be, but you can choose any photo from your camera roll and use it as your story whenever.

July 22, 2018, 01:14:52 AM
Reply #13

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

July 22, 2018, 02:56:08 AM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Nice echo there.