September 26, 2018, 07:32:51 AM

Author Topic: Richarlison  (Read 37035 times)

July 21, 2018, 02:04:19 AM
Reply #165

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don’t see it myself, but what I would say is he actually underperformed his xg last year. Typically in one season wonder purple patch types you see them over perform and score a load of jammy goals so where they would maybe be expected to score 8 they score like 16 or whatever.

This says he shoots a lot and gets into positions to shoot a lot which is really good. Depends on the team making his chances and tactics (Marco ) and if someone always undershoots then it might mean they have a bad finish? But I think if you don’t think about the dough he’d be a good player to have.

I’d like to keep Lookman AND get this guy, but just saying, might not be the waste it feels atm.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 21, 2018, 02:05:37 AM
Reply #166

TheTone

All flights on Air Flappers cancelled for now

July 21, 2018, 02:06:56 AM
Reply #167

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Already this has twice as many replies than Welbeck.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 21, 2018, 02:08:28 AM
Reply #168

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Got no problem with looking at value for money and people commenting on that.

What people have to remember is where the market is.

The record fee is 4 times this amount - whereas a couple of years ago it would have seemed impossible to make any profit on a fee like that.

Whereas now Madrid can make a profit on a 33 yo they bought 9 years ago.

Said this the other day but the inflation on attackers in football has gone absolutely through the roof and is surely the fastest growing commodity in the world.

I’m being genuine when I say, if you signed him for £50m this year, and he scored anywhere near 10 prem goals this coming year, you would make a profit the year after.

Said at the time United were getting quite a good deal on Lukaku..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 21, 2018, 02:08:51 AM
Reply #169

Ross

I donít see it myself, but what I would say is he actually underperformed his xg last year. Typically in one season wonder purple patch types you see them over perform and score a load of jammy goals so where they would maybe be expected to score 8 they score like 16 or whatever.

This says he shoots a lot and gets into positions to shoot a lot which is really good. Depends on the team making his chances and tactics (Marco ) and if someone always undershoots then it might mean they have a bad finish? But I think if you donít think about the dough heíd be a good player to have.

Iíd like to keep Lookman AND get this guy, but just saying, might not be the waste it feels atm.

Got lucky with a few finishes last season looking at his YouTube highlights. But his goal record in Brazil seems good.

Got to trust Silva on this I suppose.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 21, 2018, 02:09:26 AM
Reply #170

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Some of you will cry about fucking anything.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

July 21, 2018, 02:13:25 AM
Reply #171

Waltzer

Removing the price tag he makes us better than we were, so I'm all in.

July 21, 2018, 02:14:30 AM
Reply #172

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Got lucky with a few finishes last season looking at his YouTube highlights. But his goal record in Brazil seems good.

Got to trust Silva on this I suppose.

Thatís what xg is for. Eye can fail you a bit, if you take a large data set and find the average you can be reasonably confident on how jammy or easy something really is.

He maybe got quite lucky with some finishes, but in terms of players in the league who are playing in his position and trying to score goals - he actually got unlucky with more.

The mad thing is that the best players in the world consistently out perform their xg, because they are so good that they make more out of their service than they should. Means the better service you gave messi, Ronaldo they would just keep scoring more goals.

As a final point - Lookman outperforms his xg. Doesnít mean anything at this point. But I think a very data-led person would say if he keeps getting shots he will potentially give you a richarlison level season. Top end being a Mane or Salah season.

July 21, 2018, 02:17:08 AM
Reply #173

GrantyBoy78

Apologies if this has been said already, canít be arsed trawling over the previous 9 pages. I heard something like heís played non-stop (including every summer) since he became a pro, in 2015. He became a starter for his Mineiro team, then due to the scheduling of Brazil youth games, the Libertadores tournament he played in the off-season and then coming over to the premier league, our season starting soon after the Brazilian one had finished. Hence, he was well and truly fucked, the 2nd half of last season. And heís still growing and getting used to a faster paced league.

I think heíll be fucking great for us!

July 21, 2018, 02:26:40 AM
Reply #174

MmmblueBernard

Some of you will cry about fucking anything.

Hormones mate.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 21, 2018, 02:26:47 AM
Reply #175

Bluedylan

Very happy with the player. Very high ceiling.

Whatever the fee turns out to be, so be it.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 21, 2018, 02:30:27 AM
Reply #176

Macca77

All flights on Air Flappers cancelled for now

Delayed, not cancelled

July 21, 2018, 02:36:12 AM
Reply #177

American Evertonian

Very happy with the player. Very high ceiling.

Whatever the fee turns out to be, so be it.

If we think he can help us crack into the top 6 then I don't care the fee.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

July 21, 2018, 02:36:37 AM
Reply #178

dekko

The guy has so much potential, a couple of good seasons with us and we could double the money.
I hope heís just Bolaiseís replacement, and that we keep Lookman.

Could we not get Couture as well? Part exchange with Schneiderlin? Send them Klaassen and Bolasie as well!!

July 21, 2018, 02:41:05 AM
Reply #179

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
How would people be feeling if it was one of the big boys buying him? Seems many feel we missed the boat on Malcom and yet Richarlison is probably a similar level with prem experience too.

And now we know he's been playing so much, it explains the dip in form after Silva left.

This is the type of signing we need to be making. A blend of youth with prem experience, pace, skill and the ability to sell on in a few years time for a tidy profit.

Seems you can't please anyone. Complaints if we do this, complaints if we do that. I just want to see a damned exciting Everton team for once.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama