September 25, 2018, 09:42:48 PM

Author Topic: Richarlison  (Read 36997 times)

July 21, 2018, 05:44:19 AM
Reply #240

Mayor Farnum

You must be the least chilled person on the planet man.

How could I convince you otherwise?

July 21, 2018, 05:46:48 AM
Reply #241

Bob Sacamano

How could I convince you otherwise?

By not having a meltdown every couple of hours?

But seriously, I donít mind if yoharenor not. It was more that I skimmed through 10pages and you seems kinda stressed about the whole thing.

But tbf I think @Martip has thrown himself off a bridge reading the news so youíre fucking zen compared to that guy!

July 21, 2018, 05:53:30 AM
Reply #242

Mayor Farnum

By not having a meltdown every couple of hours?

But seriously, I donít mind if yoharenor not. It was more that I skimmed through 10pages and you seems kinda stressed about the whole thing.

But tbf I think @Martip has thrown himself off a bridge reading the news so youíre fucking zen compared to that guy!

Well if what I've had tonight is a meltdown congratulations, you've convinced me I am the least chilled out person on the planet.

July 21, 2018, 06:08:49 AM
Reply #243

Bob Sacamano

Jesus.

July 21, 2018, 06:10:07 AM
Reply #244

Tinga

I mean, pretty boss that Everton can spend £50m on a winger, right?

July 21, 2018, 06:26:40 AM
Reply #245

Ross

Thatís what xg is for. Eye can fail you a bit, if you take a large data set and find the average you can be reasonably confident on how jammy or easy something really is.

He maybe got quite lucky with some finishes, but in terms of players in the league who are playing in his position and trying to score goals - he actually got unlucky with more.

The mad thing is that the best players in the world consistently out perform their xg, because they are so good that they make more out of their service than they should. Means the better service you gave messi, Ronaldo they would just keep scoring more goals.

As a final point - Lookman outperforms his xg. Doesnít mean anything at this point. But I think a very data-led person would say if he keeps getting shots he will potentially give you a richarlison level season. Top end being a Mane or Salah season.

The main thing that concerns me is this looks like a manager drive buy than a DoF purchase to be honest.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 06:29:40 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 21, 2018, 06:35:42 AM
Reply #246

toffee_scot

Why are we all so hung up on the price!!! Its not your money or my money. EFC have money, plenty money. We can afford this.
He is a very good player
He will add to our squad. He costs what he costs.
We can afford it.

Stop bitching about the cost ffs

It might not be our money but it's still our club and we want Everton to make the best and wisest decisions possible with the funds that are available.

Not only do we want to stay financially stable but we don't get fucked over by other clubs when it comes to buying players like Bolasie for over £25m or fucked over by incompetent managers/DoFs who buy players without having a strategy and then we find once the manager is sacked that there is no place for expensive misfit players that we later on can't sell and hinder greatly our transfer plans for the following summer.

£50m is still a huge amount to invest for one player so I expect Richarlison to be the sort of player that can elevate us further and do well whether or not Marco Silva is the manager in x months/years

July 21, 2018, 06:40:54 AM
Reply #247

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Lads, itís not 50mil.

July 21, 2018, 06:52:38 AM
Reply #248

Glory

Think the fee will be complex and undisclosed. Will involve a lot of addons and probably account for some sort of compensation for Silva to avoid lengthy legal proceedings.

What is currently floating about (50m) will only eventuate if he becomes a star and we win something, then we won't care about the fee!

July 21, 2018, 08:38:43 AM
Reply #249

KingOfNapaValley

Worst expensive signing by any team since Gylfi Sigurūsson.

July 21, 2018, 09:02:47 AM
Reply #250

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah. Letís buy Danny Welbeck instead.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 21, 2018, 09:45:40 AM
Reply #251

Bluedylan

You usually want us to sign Dybala, or someone else ludicrously unrealistic, as I recall.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 21, 2018, 10:37:54 AM
Reply #252

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Lads, itís not 50mil.

Precisely, itís £35mil plus add ons, I.e. if we start winning those things that we havenít won in over 30 years it could go up to 50 and I dare say thereís a chunk of compo for our tapping up Silva in there which puts that to bed.

July 21, 2018, 11:20:02 AM
Reply #253

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
35 is still high end but that's the market now. Still rather him than many of tbosr we've been linked with and that is what matters

July 21, 2018, 11:33:50 AM
Reply #254

howard1334

35 is still high end but that's the market now. Still rather him than many of tbosr we've been linked with and that is what matters

i don't know if 35m is quite the market. even with the crazy prices going around, only 25 to 30 is probably market for a guy that has only ever scored five goals in the Prem. we are likely overpaying by a bit -- serious pundits think so.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 11:37:40 AM by howard1334 »