November 17, 2018, 08:50:16 PM

Author Topic: Richarlison  (Read 41977 times)

July 21, 2018, 06:06:31 PM
Reply #330

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah Iím aware of that, most people were. But nobody yet knows how this is structured so to assume heíd of been a great success if we end up paying the full fee is a stretch at the minute.

Yes but to pay the full fee itís more likely than not that weíll have achieved something worthwhile.

July 21, 2018, 06:07:55 PM
Reply #331

Macca77

Buy him for 35 million, he does the business for 3 years, scores loads, gets called up to the Brazilian national team, sell him to Barca for 250 million

July 21, 2018, 06:08:32 PM
Reply #332

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I would love a playmaking cm but i think we have a lot of players in the central position and will probably make do. Expecting a lot of our creativity to come through the wide areas this year with the centre to hold and give it to them via Sigurddsson. I would be really happy with the three coming in. Anything else is a bonus after that.
Ideally for balance youíd have a play maker.

But after Coutinho left they didnít really have one. They relied on system and high positioning.

July 21, 2018, 06:13:22 PM
Reply #333

Ross

Yes but to pay the full fee itís more likely than not that weíll have achieved something worthwhile.

Again thatís impossible to know until more of the finer details are released. The extra £15m could be made up of very easily achievable targets.

After all, Iím sure you'll agree, we do have a recent history of being extremely poor negotiators.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 21, 2018, 06:13:27 PM
Reply #334

Lxxx

I hadn't really seen much of him but that YouTube vid makes him look like a peak Bolasie on steroids. Big, fast, skilful but with an end product. Think with him and Walcott bombing down the flanks Sig could well find himself in some decent goalscoring positions to bag double figures again.

July 21, 2018, 06:17:05 PM
Reply #335

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think heís someone that will help us score away at the better teams.

They nearly all leave big spaces down the flanks so with him and Walcott we should carry a genuine threat.

July 21, 2018, 06:18:05 PM
Reply #336

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting to note that Watford didnít score a single goal away from home under their new manager.

That could go some way to explain his dip in form.

July 21, 2018, 06:20:55 PM
Reply #337

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Ideally for balance youíd have a play maker.

But after Coutinho left they didnít really have one. They relied on system and high positioning.

Agreed but unless a number of central midfielders leave (regardless of quality we have fucking loads before you even think of a Baningme getting a look). I see us using Dowell potentially but most likely sacrificing creativity in the centre in most premier league games. 

July 21, 2018, 06:22:45 PM
Reply #338

Bluedylan

Also people. Watford do hate us. We're always bound to pay over the odds, but Silva/Brands have clearly decided they believe in the player above and beyond any additional premium we have to pay.

I genuinely thought we wouldn't get near a Watford player this year. Just assumed they wouldn't even talk to us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 21, 2018, 06:23:01 PM
Reply #339

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Watching that YT vid he seems a lot more robust and confident than Lookman
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 21, 2018, 06:23:43 PM
Reply #340

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/20/everton-close-richarlison-talks-watford-40m-deal-progress/

This is for anybody who keeps saying 50mil.

From Bascombe whoís reporting itís a deal worth potentially 40mil.

July 21, 2018, 06:24:14 PM
Reply #341

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Also people. Watford do hate us. We're always bound to pay over the odds, but Silva/Brands have clearly decided they believe in the player above and beyond any additional premium we have to pay.

I genuinely thought we wouldn't get near a Watford player this year. Just assumed they wouldn't even talk to us.

I was thinking that. Surprised to see we are even on speaking terms.

They must hate us. Taken their manager and best player in the past 6 months.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 21, 2018, 06:25:14 PM
Reply #342

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Good to put them in their place though.

Alright lads, give us your manager and best player there. Nice one.

July 21, 2018, 06:29:47 PM
Reply #343

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
They hate us because they love our money. I can live with that.

July 21, 2018, 06:31:28 PM
Reply #344

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Watching that YT vid he seems a lot more robust and confident than Lookman

Yeah, stronger and bigger than I thought too. Looking forward to this one. About time we had a powerful forward player with some skill.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama