December 10, 2018, 01:36:09 AM

Author Topic: Richarlison  (Read 42816 times)

July 21, 2018, 06:59:27 PM
Reply #345

Redartin

Also people. Watford do hate us. We're always bound to pay over the odds, but Silva/Brands have clearly decided they believe in the player above and beyond any additional premium we have to pay.

I genuinely thought we wouldn't get near a Watford player this year. Just assumed they wouldn't even talk to us.
To quote a Watford fan,

"If someone robbed your house, then came back and apologised and offered to pay your mortgage, would you say No."

It also isn't good, for either side, to have a club which they don't want to deal with.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:12:35 PM by Redartin »

July 21, 2018, 07:16:18 PM
Reply #346

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
To quote a Watford fan,

"If someone robbed your house, then came back and apologised and offered to pay your mortgage, would you say No."

It also isn't good, for either side, to have a club which they don't want to deal with.

This is true. Who else will take our Tom Cleverley's?
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 21, 2018, 07:27:12 PM
Reply #347

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I would love a playmaking cm but i think we have a lot of players in the central position and will probably make do. Expecting a lot of our creativity to come through the wide areas this year with the centre to hold and give it to them via Sigurddsson. I would be really happy with the three coming in. Anything else is a bonus after that.

Iím surprised Iím seeing so many people who are alright with it. For me itís a major requirement this year.

Maybe the plan will be let Schneiderlin drop diagonals into the channels for Walcott and Richarlison but I really do think we could do with an actually good midfielder.

I like the Sigurdsson as a box to box player theory and I like the dowell as De Bruyne ball player theory if either of them worked Iíd be alright with it. Sigurdsson can deffo get up and down and he works hard. Dowell looks miles off the prem for me but I like the idea that silva can unlock him and get him spraying balls and sliding through balls.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 21, 2018, 07:48:18 PM
Reply #348

stirlingblue

I'm surprised I'm seeing so many people who are alright with it. For me it's a major requirement this year.

Maybe the plan will be let Schneiderlin drop diagonals into the channels for Walcott and Richarlison but I really do think we could do with an actually good midfielder.

I like the Sigurdsson as a box to box player theory and I like the dowell as De Bruyne ball player theory if either of them worked I'd be alright with it. Sigurdsson can deffo get up and down and he works hard. Dowell looks miles off the prem for me but I like the idea that silva can unlock him and get him spraying balls and sliding through balls.

Dowell has mean shot on him, but Iíve not seen anything to suggest heís capable of spraying balls/sliding through balls

July 21, 2018, 07:55:21 PM
Reply #349

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Iím surprised Iím seeing so many people who are alright with it. For me itís a major requirement this year.

I like the Sigurdsson as a box to box player theory and I like the dowell as De Bruyne ball player theory if either of them worked Iíd be alright with it. Sigurdsson can deffo get up and down and he works hard. Dowell looks miles off the prem for me but I like the idea that silva can unlock him and get him spraying balls and sliding through balls.

LB, CB and CM are the basic requirements this summer in the transfer window for me.

Would be very disappointing not to get a different option in the CM position.

July 21, 2018, 08:02:44 PM
Reply #350

sam of the south

Yes, I also love the idea of both of them stepping up and fulfilling these roles to a Top 6 challenging standard, however I feel itís unlikely.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 21, 2018, 08:03:02 PM
Reply #351

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

That's just it I'm okay with it not ecstatic or anything. To push on into the higher positions we need one of course but i think we will see progress this season without one providing we strengthen in those other positons.

July 21, 2018, 08:30:27 PM
Reply #352

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Dowell has mean shot on him, but Iíve not seen anything to suggest heís capable of spraying balls/sliding through balls

The article by @footballfactman on twitter that @kramer0 linked the other day pulled him out of a data set that said he passed the ball a bit like a poor mans De Bruyne.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 21, 2018, 08:35:37 PM
Reply #353

sam of the south

The article by @footballfactman on twitter that @kramer0 linked the other day pulled him out of a data set that said he passed the ball a bit like a poor mans De Bruyne.

Blimey, really?

Well, thatís encouraging.

I expect at Dowellís age, De Bruyne passed the ball like a poor manís De Bruyne as well.   
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:37:05 PM by sam of the south »

July 21, 2018, 08:36:53 PM
Reply #354

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Blimey, really?

Yeah, I mean it probably just means into the same areas on the pitch and with the same frequency or something? But it sounds promising imo.

July 21, 2018, 08:38:01 PM
Reply #355

sam of the south

Yeah, I mean it probably just means into the same areas on the pitch and with the same frequency or something? But it sounds promising imo.

I did a vaguely amusing wee edit as well 

July 21, 2018, 08:54:14 PM
Reply #356

KoemansNumberTens

He looks like heís got a bit of everything talent wise. The only issue for me is he looks a bit of a poor athlete. Not sure you get away with that in the modern game unless youíre exceptional

July 21, 2018, 08:59:12 PM
Reply #357

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He looks like heís got a bit of everything talent wise. The only issue for me is he looks a bit of a poor athlete. Not sure you get away with that in the modern game unless youíre exceptional

Or you need to get decent experience (somewhere) of learning how to get round those deficiencies.

July 21, 2018, 08:59:38 PM
Reply #358

eugene

I did a vaguely amusing wee edit as well
I did a vaguely amusing wee too but thatís my age

July 21, 2018, 09:11:32 PM
Reply #359

dunkster

See, when I watched Malcolm highlights on YouTube the other day I was like hmmn..Ok but not getting me overly excited.
Watching richarlson YouTube this morning I can see he's a real handful with skill along with it. I was more confident about him than malcolm
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER