September 24, 2018, 07:03:29 AM

Author Topic: Richarlison  (Read 36787 times)

July 22, 2018, 04:52:49 PM
Reply #420

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He did not play well for half a season he played well for about a fifth of it . £24m would be about right and still too much .

Have you bothered to look into any reason as to why his form tailed off?

Two very possible reasons.

1. The silva departure and playing under a manager who played a very pragmatic style of football not suited towards Richarlison.

2. He played 18 months straight football without any breaks, and had to adapt his body to the increasing demand of the premier league during that time. Very possible he was burnout as I donít recall him playing much towards the final third of the season.

Heís proven he can perform to a high standard in the premier league. Taking into account what Watford paid for him, his form in the first half of the season, his potential, inflation, i would say 35mil is just about right.

To use a comparison; Leicester have paid 25mil for James Maddison, a player who has never played premier league football. This is the market we are in today.

July 22, 2018, 04:53:31 PM
Reply #421

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry but if you think weíd get our money back on Keane youíre a lunatic. Who the fuck would pay 30m for him

Football is incredibly fickle though. A decent season and his valuation goes back up instantly

July 22, 2018, 04:55:16 PM
Reply #422

KoemansNumberTens

Football is incredibly fickle though. A decent season and his valuation goes back up instantly

I donít disagree with that but as things stand weíd get very little for him because of the size of his contract

July 22, 2018, 04:56:12 PM
Reply #423

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I donít disagree with that but as things stand weíd get very little for him because of the size of his contract

If we were to sell him now weíd get at the very least 20mil for him.

July 22, 2018, 05:09:50 PM
Reply #424

MmmblueBernard

Fucking looneys out in full force today.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 22, 2018, 05:11:01 PM
Reply #425

KoemansNumberTens

If we were to sell him now weíd get at the very least 20mil for him.

Maybe but I can't imagine they'd be a huge list of interested parties who'd want to take over his contract

Also there is the issue that the market doubles and our players values reduce. In real terms they've been really poor signings almost across the board

July 22, 2018, 05:19:20 PM
Reply #426

Mayor Farnum

If we sold Keane for 20 mill without him asking for a transfer we'd have to pay him a decent chunk of what's remaining on his contract. We'd probably actually see between ten and fifteen at the very most on a "20 mill sale".

July 22, 2018, 05:19:51 PM
Reply #427

gizzblue

Sorry but if you think weíd get our money back on Keane youíre a lunatic. Who the fuck would pay 30m for him

At the end of the day mate ..I know there is no talking to you ...you hate every squad member no one will ever be good enough or be good value(till they have left) ...so enjoy your Sunday .

July 22, 2018, 05:22:56 PM
Reply #428

gizzblue

I donít think itís the transfer fees or valuation thatís the big problem, I would say itís the wages that we are blowing on a grand scale that everyone is more concerned about

But again mate it's not our money or our worry in reality ....that's why we have a billionaire owner a new D.O.F manager and financial team ...I'm sure if they think it's ok well....... nod

July 22, 2018, 05:26:51 PM
Reply #429

KoemansNumberTens

At the end of the day mate ..I know there is no talking to you ...you hate every squad member no one will ever be good enough or be good value(till they have left) ...so enjoy your Sunday .

See thatís really not true. I donít like most of them because most of them havenít justified what we paid for them, what we pay them or in the case of some like DCL the ridiculous hype on here

I like Tosan. I donít mind Walcott. I love Coleman. I think Pickford had a very questionable season but was delighted at his performances in the World Cup. I loved Baines and Jagielka. Sigurdsson is a good footballer at a daft price and not really what was required. Lookman is potentially a great player. Iím extremely excited about the 2 we might sign from Barcelona

I might have missed someone but mainly the rest are a bit disappointing. I donít hate everyone. Iím actually not miserable about everything. Just most of it

July 22, 2018, 05:28:00 PM
Reply #430

Sixx1402

If youíre quoting £25m as your valuation then I think you need to realise how out of touch you are with the modern game.

You think so eh?

Ok well what would your valuation of him be then Mr Walsh?
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

July 22, 2018, 05:29:05 PM
Reply #431

KoemansNumberTens

But again mate it's not our money or our worry in reality ....that's why we have a billionaire owner a new D.O.F manager and financial team ...I'm sure if they think it's ok well....... nod

They thought last seasons business was okay.
The money is finite. If we spend 50m on a 30m player thatís much worse for us fans than spending 50m on 2 bargain 30m players

Itís not our money argument is utter nonsense unless someone is saying we shouldnít be spending big regardless. People arenít saying that. They are saying they want value. That they want more for that money

July 22, 2018, 05:34:02 PM
Reply #432

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Weíre paying over like you have to say.

But it sounds like weíre boxing off the Silva compo, have a load of performance related bonuses to beef it up...

And at the end of the day - weíre getting a young attacker on an apparent 6 year deal, who has a year in the prem where he by all rights should have scored about 10 goals, and for the period he was playing well was one of the best u21 players for g+a contribution in the top European leagues.

I get feeling a bit nervous about the fee, but I do think heís on he cusp of a potentially serious year. Everything beyond his raw goal and assist stats (which still would have been enough to put him as one of our best players despite the drop in form) points to a young player with unbelievable potential, prem physical abilities and frankly, I think you could pay 40m up front and be fairly confident of getting your money back inside the 6 year contract.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 22, 2018, 05:37:52 PM
Reply #433

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
On the one hand people are kicking off at Lookmann potentially going for a measly 20 million because he's worth more but at 35 Richarlison is vastly overpriced?

July 22, 2018, 05:41:47 PM
Reply #434

Mayor Farnum

Does the not our money argument hold when we sell players as well? We could get rid of Keane and Klassen tomorrow for 2 million a piece.