November 18, 2018, 01:45:24 AM

Author Topic: Lucas Digne  (Read 28376 times)

July 26, 2018, 04:21:02 AM
Reply #165

Cozzie

On SSN transfer centre then saying they reckon more are in for Digne.

July 26, 2018, 04:24:59 AM
Reply #166

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
You donít leave BarÁaís bench to come and sit on ours.

July 26, 2018, 04:26:08 AM
Reply #167

blue slug

Delefeou did I think

July 26, 2018, 04:29:11 AM
Reply #168

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Delefeou did I think

He was younger and wasnít really in their squad so any first team game time was good.

Digne is mid 20s and established international. Heíd at least expect to be given a fair chance to be first choice. 

July 26, 2018, 04:30:24 AM
Reply #169

blue slug

Good point dude

July 26, 2018, 04:30:36 AM
Reply #170

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
On SSN transfer centre then saying they reckon more are in for Digne.

Of course they are - Ramos up the drama
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 26, 2018, 04:31:26 AM
Reply #171

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Of course they are - Ramos up the drama

Letís not sink to kopite paranoia :)

July 26, 2018, 07:40:56 AM
Reply #172

Evertonian in NC

1A and 1B.  With the pressing style, Baines isn't going to be able to play week in and week out, plenty of match time for both (plus the Cups, will have incentive to try this season).

Absolutely no reason why there must be a clear starter here.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 26, 2018, 07:44:29 AM
Reply #173

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
1A and 1B.  With the pressing style, Baines isn't going to be able to play week in and week out, plenty of match time for both (plus the Cups, will have incentive to try this season).

Absolutely no reason why there must be a clear starter here.

Not for me, you saw how much we improved last season with a settled defence (Baines came back, Coleman came back, Jagielka came in). Wouldn't want to chop and change.

IF we've found someone good enough to take up Baines' mantle they should be given a proper run at it. Only if they're proving truly not good enough or if they need a break (new league after all) then Baines could come in.

July 26, 2018, 08:06:46 AM
Reply #174

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
To think when Baines first came here it took him months before he established himself as a starter.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 26, 2018, 10:01:02 AM
Reply #175

Evertonian in NC

I think we'd do well to have a more settled CB pairing.  But LB is a little different, and I think we would benefit more from having a fresh, attack-minded LB always at the ready than absolute consistency. 
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

July 26, 2018, 12:01:19 PM
Reply #176

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I think he would be a back up for this season while playing in cup games. (I honestly don't see Baines getting through the season healthy though)

Next season is when I see him being our starter and phasing out Baines.

We can't be waiting for that moment we all look at Baines and say "shit, he's done. We really need a left back now" before we go buy his replacement.

Havenít we already looked at him and said he is done?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 26, 2018, 12:56:06 PM
Reply #177

Bluedylan

Haven’t we already looked at him and said he is done?

No
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 26, 2018, 12:57:15 PM
Reply #178

bluenuck

Havenít we already looked at him and said he is done?

I have. And so have you. But there's some here, and on social media, that believe he still has lots to give.

July 26, 2018, 01:23:19 PM
Reply #179

stirlingblue

What happened to that chat about Baines moving into CM?