November 13, 2018, 05:17:20 AM

Author Topic: Porto V Everton K.O 8PM  (Read 4431 times)

July 23, 2018, 04:13:45 AM
Reply #180

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Iíll be having huge question marks over Silva if he decides Besic is a better DM than Morgan.

July 23, 2018, 04:14:02 AM
Reply #181

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Do you think we can trust Schneiderlin?

I think I would trust Besic in the #8 role; great energy, pressing, excellent at switching play, fast.

Absolutely no competition re trust for me.

And thatís with Schneiderlin last year.

Besic has talent but is one of the least guaranteable CMs ever both with the ball and without.

Heís done well this pre season but that should only be a question re whether he should be let go or not.

July 23, 2018, 04:14:59 AM
Reply #182

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Arenít we just looking for little moments? Bright spots perhaps where we see what thee managers approach is, or maybe see a couple of players clicking and perhaps creating a chance or scoring a goal?

Positive buds of footballing playô

The whole of the first half? Even in the second Tosun should have scored.

These are a decent side.

July 23, 2018, 04:15:25 AM
Reply #183

Normm

You canít trust him to bring a consistent level.

You can't trust anyone at the moment. All make mistakes, but I think he has shown quite a bit of promise since his return from injury.

Against Porto, the attack was crying out for someone like Lookman who can take players on around the box. No way should we let him go at the moment.

July 23, 2018, 04:16:14 AM
Reply #184

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Got to say though how many of our midfielders would have had the pace or guts to make that run . All that was missing was the correct pass, that may well come. Rather see him in midfield than Davies, he offers more.

Heís come on as a sub when everyone else is knackered.

There were plnety of decent moves like that in the first half.

July 23, 2018, 04:17:27 AM
Reply #185

School of Science

Heís come on as a sub when everyone else is knackered.

There were plnety of decent moves like that in the first half.

Yes and he was our best player yesterday.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 23, 2018, 04:17:58 AM
Reply #186

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Davies was very good as well.

What are people seeing here?

He won the call high up the pitch, and used the ball very well.

July 23, 2018, 04:18:42 AM
Reply #187

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The whole of the first half? Even in the second Tosun should have scored.

These are a decent side.

Ha, yeah I didnít mean to suggest there werenít any. We played pretty well first half, just missing a couple of players still for me, but overall surprisingly decent.

I was more broadly answering the what do you want from a friendly question.

July 23, 2018, 04:19:34 AM
Reply #188

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Yes and he was our best player yesterday.

Yes heís did well vs bury too.

But weíve got 3 seasons of previous evidence of him.

I do like his potential (25 now mind) but itís a bit much to think he should be starting games.

July 23, 2018, 04:20:09 AM
Reply #189

School of Science

Davies was very good as well.

What are people seeing here?

He won the call high up the pitch, and used the ball very well.

All about opinions mate I thought we were, second half poor in midfield, apart from Sandro, no one coming deep for it.

July 23, 2018, 04:21:08 AM
Reply #190

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Ha, yeah I didnít mean to suggest there werenít any. We played pretty well first half, just missing a couple of players still for me, but overall surprisingly decent.

I was more broadly answering the what do you want from a friendly question.

Ha sorry.

Yes and thatís what should have been taken from this game and the others.

There are clear signs of what weíre trying to do.

People canít be expecting everything to be clicking now.

July 23, 2018, 04:22:48 AM
Reply #191

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
All about opinions mate I thought we were, second half poor in midfield, apart from Sandro, no one coming deep for it.

Weíd started to tire then though.

July 23, 2018, 04:26:42 AM
Reply #192

School of Science

Weíd started to tire then though.

Agree plus Porto are a very good side accustomed to the heat. Aged really well in the first half and should have scored a couple.

July 23, 2018, 04:34:47 AM
Reply #193

Dr. Sponge

First half was good, did some positive things with the ball. Second half not so good but itís all about ďminutes in the legsĒ as they say.

Got some of our best players to come back still, Sig, Lookman, Gueye, Pickford and a couple of signings.

Desperate for a quality CB and CM IMO. Although as some have said, weíll still finish 7th without any additions.

July 23, 2018, 04:37:38 AM
Reply #194

sam of the south

Absolutely no competition re trust for me.

And thatís with Schneiderlin last year.

Besic has talent but is one of the least guaranteable CMs ever both with the ball and without.

Heís done well this pre season but that should only be a question re whether he should be let go or not.

The only thing I trust Schneiderlin to do is casually jog behind a marauding opposition midfielder that is scything through our backline with the ball, play innumerable sideways passes very slowly, and get pissed off and do some shithouse challenges.

Besic can be rash, without a shadow of a doubt, but he did really well against City, then he got injured for about two years.

Since then he has got good reviews playing for Middlesborough last season, with most reports praising his reliability and positional discipline, as well as his passing range and tenacity, of course.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them