November 17, 2018, 08:53:47 PM

Author Topic: Porto V Everton K.O 8PM  (Read 4585 times)

July 23, 2018, 04:40:37 AM
Reply #195

Ramjam

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 23, 2018, 04:43:05 AM
Reply #196

TrevorSteven

This team doesnt have the players to dominate games and doesnt have the players for the sit-back philosophy. We have too many allrounders with decent quality in most aspect of the game but we dont have any standouts. No players that can take on opponents, no players that create problems either by movement, killer passes, dribling or flair and we have players too soft to the Allardyce kind of football too.

What does Everton want to be? The last years we have replaced quality with quantity and the result is a squad which must be horrible for a new manager to build a new modern style around...Good luck Silva - you gonna need it.

July 23, 2018, 04:44:48 AM
Reply #197

Dr. Sponge

The only thing I trust Schneiderlin to do is casually jog behind a marauding opposition midfielder that is scything through our backline with the ball, play innumerable sideways passes very slowly, and get pissed off and do some shithouse challenges.

Besic can be rash, without a shadow of a doubt, but he did really well against City, then he got injured for about two years.

Since then he has got good reviews playing for Middlesborough last season, with most reports praising his reliability and positional discipline, as well as his passing range and tenacity, of course.

Neither of them are the answer. And Gueye has limitations. A brand new quality CM is the answer, but we may have to make do with what we have this season.

July 23, 2018, 04:45:27 AM
Reply #198

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The only thing I trust Schneiderlin to do is casually jog behind a marauding opposition midfielder that is scything through our backline with the ball, play innumerable sideways passes very slowly, and get pissed off and do some shithouse challenges.

Besic can be rash, without a shadow of a doubt, but he did really well against City, then he got injured for about two years.

Since then he has got good reviews playing for Middlesborough last season, with most reports praising his reliability and positional discipline, as well as his passing range and tenacity, of course.

Schneiderlin wasnít doing any of the that though tonight and bar last season, has been a good PL player for a number of seasons.

July 23, 2018, 04:46:47 AM
Reply #199

TrevorSteven

I'm sure we have the same conversation every year

Yes we did and it took ten games into the new season last year for the ęIts only A friendlyĽ-agents to see that it actually was more than that. Anyone remember the first pre-season under Martinez? In the US meeting teams like Juventus? Anyone remember how that season went? Pre-season friendlies is a massive indicator of what to expect...

July 23, 2018, 04:47:22 AM
Reply #200

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
This team doesnt have the players to dominate games and doesnt have the players for the sit-back philosophy. We have too many allrounders with decent quality in most aspect of the game but we dont have any standouts. No players that can take on opponents, no players that create problems either by movement, killer passes, dribling or flair and we have players too soft to the Allardyce kind of football too.

What does Everton want to be? The last years we have replaced quality with quantity and the result is a squad which must be horrible for a new manager to build a new modern style around...Good luck Silva - you gonna need it.

I think the players in the squad are starting to show signs of being suited to the way silva wants to play.

The biggest issue for me is the defence. Apart from Coleman and Holgate, the defenders we have arenít suited towards playing high up the pitch.

July 23, 2018, 04:48:23 AM
Reply #201

sam of the south

Schneiderlin wasnít doing any of the that though tonight and bar last season, has been a good PL player for a number of seasons.

Really?

He didnít offer much protection centrally, he did play mainly sideways passes to Baines, and he was lucky to stay on towards the end.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 23, 2018, 04:49:53 AM
Reply #202

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can I just remind some of you that it was a pre season friendly.

Thanks

Yeah would just like to say Iím just being generally grumpy. Would like to see the team with a good passer in CM but I really dunno what I expect his 11 to be like or even really play like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 23, 2018, 04:51:34 AM
Reply #203

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Yes we did and it took ten games into the new season last year for the ęIts only A friendlyĽ-agents to see that it actually was more than that. Anyone remember the first pre-season under Martinez? In the US meeting teams like Juventus? Anyone remember how that season went? Pre-season friendlies is a massive indicator of what to expect...

The Juventus year wasn't a World Cup year.  This year is messed up due to it, and as such our better players arent involved yet.  Neither have we brought anyone in yet.

If we were looking like going into the season with the team that started last night or tonight, then yeah we'd be worried, but as stated before its likely only 3/4 that started either last night or tonight will start against Wolves so how can you worry?
My momma says I'm special.

July 23, 2018, 04:52:04 AM
Reply #204

sam of the south

Yeah would just like to say Iím just being generally grumpy. Would like to see the team with a good passer in CM but I really dunno what I expect his 11 to be like or even really play like.

The ideas are definitely there, and a style of play is definitely emerging.

If he has the players to implement it well, we will do well under Silva, Iíve little doubt.

July 23, 2018, 04:53:54 AM
Reply #205

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Really?

He didnít offer much protection centrally, he did play mainly sideways passes to Baines, and he was lucky to stay on towards the end.

First half he was playing some good diagonals to the three forward players

July 23, 2018, 04:55:38 AM
Reply #206

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Morgan is so much better than Besic.

Besic needs about five touches on the ball before he makes a pass and has not positional discipline.

July 23, 2018, 04:56:48 AM
Reply #207

sam of the south

First half he was playing some good diagonals to the three forward players

There were a few, yes, but Besic did about 30 yesterday, and his accuracy was unerring until he tired late in the 2nd half.

July 23, 2018, 04:57:45 AM
Reply #208

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
There were a few, yes, but Besic did about 30 yesterday, and his accuracy was unerring until he tired late in the 2nd half.

He had all the time in the world though.

The game today was played at a much more competitive pace.

July 23, 2018, 04:58:03 AM
Reply #209

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Besic is quick, likes a tackle, has good passing range and will be injured by the second week in September.
My momma says I'm special.