September 25, 2018, 10:26:40 PM

Author Topic: Porto V Everton K.O 8PM  (Read 3664 times)

July 23, 2018, 04:58:28 AM
Reply #210

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Really?

He didn’t offer much protection centrally, he did play mainly sideways passes to Baines, and he was lucky to stay on towards the end.

Yeah thought he pressed well, even high up the pitch and used the ball with good diagonals.

He, and anyone else, will pass it to the full backs a lot.

July 23, 2018, 04:59:06 AM
Reply #211

sam of the south

He had all the time in the world though.

He made time with his movement.

Schneiderlin hasn’t had a decent season for three or four years.

He was possibly worse than Williams last year.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 23, 2018, 04:59:41 AM
Reply #212

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yes we did and it took ten games into the new season last year for the «Its only A friendly»-agents to see that it actually was more than that. Anyone remember the first pre-season under Martinez? In the US meeting teams like Juventus? Anyone remember how that season went? Pre-season friendlies is a massive indicator of what to expect...

Did you watch tonight?

We did actually play very well at times.

July 23, 2018, 04:59:57 AM
Reply #213

sam of the south

Yeah thought he pressed well, even high up the pitch and used the ball with good diagonals.

He, and anyone else, will pass it to the full backs a lot.

You see, that describes Besic’ performance against Lille for me

July 23, 2018, 05:00:45 AM
Reply #214

sam of the south

Besic is quick, likes a tackle, has good passing range and will be injured by the second week in September.

All true, unfortunately.

July 23, 2018, 05:02:04 AM
Reply #215

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Yes we did and it took ten games into the new season last year for the «Its only A friendly»-agents to see that it actually was more than that. Anyone remember the first pre-season under Martinez? In the US meeting teams like Juventus? Anyone remember how that season went? Pre-season friendlies is a massive indicator of what to expect...

Not really. They are about building fitness, trying out new combinations etc.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 23, 2018, 05:03:38 AM
Reply #216

sam of the south

Did you watch tonight?

We were really good in the first half, lots of overloads, could’ve scored a few, but then so could they, and we weren’t really offering much at all in the second half.

Still, it’s all fitness, and you would hope we will be able to add Walcott, Sigurdsson, Pickford, Lookman, Richarlison, and maybe Digne, and one or two good CB’s before we kick-off against Wolves.

July 23, 2018, 05:04:22 AM
Reply #217

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
You see, that describes Besic’ performance against Lille for me

Yes but I think we’re taking a small sample of what Besic doing well is and projecting it to a consistent level that he’s never shown.

July 23, 2018, 05:07:04 AM
Reply #218

sam of the south

Yes but I think we’re taking a small sample of what Besic doing well is and projecting it to a consistent level that he’s never shown.

Yes, I agree, although he was by all accounts really consistent in helping Middlesborough to the Championship play-offs last year, and that’s a fast, unforgiving, and physical league, with plenty of pressure to perform and keep your cool.

July 23, 2018, 05:09:37 AM
Reply #219

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Did you watch tonight?

One of the main things that puts me off is that footballfactman hates him and in general I trust him on cms.

But, Schneiderlin’s top end is champions league level, defensive output and passing.

If we give him runners he’ll be able to switch it all day, definitely the closest to Barry we’ve got.

However, his arse goes and when it does he’s a fucking bottomless pit of anonymity.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 23, 2018, 05:18:34 AM
Reply #220

Bluedylan

To be fair I think if anyone is particularly worried about that game then we’re in for a season of ridiculous and unnecessary moaning.

We can’t be expecting more than 7th given the mess we’re trying to solve.

Therefore logically than means winning less than 50% of the games, plenty of ones where it’s not great/ exciting etc.

Without going too much the other way, we actually had a half of football that was good to watch and we were better than Porto.

Yes to all that.

We passed it through their lines, and got overloads numerous times in the first half. Pressed intelligently to win it back as well. Not only was it aesthetically pleasing, it was effective and you can see patterns of play and combinations developing there.

I do think we're in for a season of ridiculous moaning, because some people can't help themselves.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 23, 2018, 05:21:21 AM
Reply #221

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yes to all that.

We passed it through their lines, and got overloads numerous times in the first half. Pressed intelligently to win it back as well. Not only was it aesthetically pleasing, it was effective and you can see patterns of play and combinations developing there.

I do think we're in for a season of ridiculous moaning, because some people can't help themselves.

One of my mates has already said he thinks we could go down.

July 23, 2018, 05:23:56 AM
Reply #222

Bluedylan

Have a word.

In fairness, my arl fella says we're going down every season, no matter what happened the previous season, or who the manager or players are. I think he actually wants it to happen. And he supports us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 23, 2018, 05:34:37 AM
Reply #223

School of Science

To be fair he's never shown it consistently, because he's consistently been injured.
Hope the lads luck changes myself.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 23, 2018, 05:36:49 AM
Reply #224

sam of the south

Is he an Evertonian?