November 21, 2018, 04:22:44 PM

Author Topic: Starting XI for new season  (Read 4470 times)

July 23, 2018, 08:06:33 PM
Reply #45

SANA_DR0

Touchy. It was a joke. With no signings, we would struggle though. Comfortably bottom-half.

we had no system. a manager devoid of any tactics.. let alone coaching/managing players... and refused to use the best thing about our squad (the youth)

im pretty confident that even if we dont buy anyone.. with a manager and a DOF who know how to coach players, know how to put tactics together.. and using our excellent youth system.. we would finish 8th again.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 23, 2018, 08:24:57 PM
Reply #46

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I think we are a couple of half-decent signings away from challenging for a Euro Disney slot, personally.

July 23, 2018, 08:31:07 PM
Reply #47

Gash

Global Moderator
we had no system. a manager devoid of any tactics.. let alone coaching/managing players... and refused to use the best thing about our squad (the youth)

im pretty confident that even if we dont buy anyone.. with a manager and a DOF who know how to coach players, know how to put tactics together.. and using our excellent youth system.. we would finish 8th again.

You keep going on about our youth but even of the young players who have made first team appearances history shows that (not just with us but Premier League clubs in general) the harsh reality is only two or three of them will possibly have decent Premier League careers and more than likely not with us, the majority well end up having to go down the leagues to make a career. We've had an excellent youth set up for years and a successeful academy but the chances of players making a career at the top level are slim.

Agree with the rest, this squad with a decent, positive minded manager is inside the top ten easily even without any additions.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 08:32:35 PM by Gash »

July 23, 2018, 08:38:17 PM
Reply #48

D15TIN

-------------Pickford

Coleman Jagielka Mina Digne

-----------Schneiderlin

--Loftus-Cheek---Sigurdsson

---Walcott Tosun Richarlison

Something along those lines

July 23, 2018, 09:00:33 PM
Reply #49

SANA_DR0

You keep going on about our youth but even of the young players who have made first team appearances history shows that (not just with us but Premier League clubs in general) the harsh reality is only two or three of them will possibly have decent Premier League careers and more than likely not with us, the majority well end up having to go down the leagues to make a career. We've had an excellent youth set up for years and a successeful academy but the chances of players making a career at the top level are slim.

Agree with the rest, this squad with a decent, positive minded manager is inside the top ten easily even without any additions.

im just going on what i've seen for the England youth games.. the players we had in those teams played pretty well... i agree that a few wont make it.. but ive got faith in the likes of Holgate (who i feel at this age is better than where Stones was in his career) Lookman, and DLC, Connolly has been pretty solid for bolton i think it was last season, and played pretty well in the Toulon trophy...Kenny I feel will be a cult hero at our club,., he just seems to have that character.. which hasnt really shone for us.. but again when i've seen him for england.. he oozes class.
the only one who i dont think will make it, is Davies.. ;/
but it would be great to have a core group of youngsters who break the mold and make it in the premierleague,
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 23, 2018, 09:16:05 PM
Reply #50

Danny

people base Schneiderlin of his first 4 months at the club... he was shite at man utd, he's been horrific for us.. (so many goals last year where down to his ineptitude.. his lack of tracking/marking.. his silly mistakes.)

Besic before we signed him at the world cup, was amazing V Argentina and against Wales... in his time here, even with his debilitating injuries, he has offered more than what Morgan does, if Besic can get a decent run / fitness up.. He will be more useful to our squad than a backwards passing Morgan.

Were not allowed to rate Schneiderlin based on his first 4 months but you're allowed to rate Besic based on two games?

July 23, 2018, 09:19:30 PM
Reply #51

Danny

I think we'll see:

Pickford

Coleman   Keane       Mina   Digne

Schneiderlin

Gueye             Davies

Walcott/Richarlison             Tosun          Sigurdsson

In certain types of game, or at least in phases of games where we want more control on the midfield.

Then...

Pickford

Coleman      Keane           Mina       Digne

Schneiderlin

Gueye                  Sigurdsson

Walcott                   Tosun                     Richarlison

In the games where we want to be more open.

July 23, 2018, 09:20:37 PM
Reply #52

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Until such time Besic actually proves himself and does something of note, Schneiderlin is by far the better player.

I hope Silva can get him back to his best and prove last season was just an abomination along with the rest of the team. I'm prepared to give all players a fresh start just like our management has. Let's see who's good enough to remain.

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 23, 2018, 09:21:26 PM
Reply #53

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
But I don't want to see Gana and Schneiderlin in the same team anymore. That is for sure. One can be back up to the other depending on opposition and form.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 23, 2018, 11:03:15 PM
Reply #54

SANA_DR0

Were not allowed to rate Schneiderlin based on his first 4 months but you're allowed to rate Besic based on two games?

im not rating him on 2 games... you maybe.. but im not.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 24, 2018, 07:18:28 AM
Reply #55

MexicanToffee

-------------Pickford

Coleman Jagielka Mina Digne

-----------Schneiderlin

--Loftus-Cheek---Sigurdsson

---Walcott Tosun Richarlison

Something along those lines
I like the look of that line up.
“He loved Everton, he loved being back at Goodison Park. He always said it was like going to church.”

July 24, 2018, 12:14:56 PM
Reply #56

Juanito

Pickford
Coleman  Holgate Mina  Digne
 RLC   Schneiderlin Sigurdsson
 Walcott   Richarlison  Lookman

People disagree but I think either Walcott or Richarlison would flourish as a false 9 in a fluid 4-3-3. Richarlison has the physicality and Walcott was once asking to be played down the middle for Arsenal, so might have questioned if that would eventually be a possibility at Everton. RCL as the ball carrying 8, Sigurdsson as the deep lying 10 and Schneiderlin as the 6 who sits in the same position in front of the defence.

July 24, 2018, 12:51:24 PM
Reply #57

Fynci

Pickford

Coleman Jagielka Keane Baines

Schneiderlin    Gana

Sigurdsson

Walcott Tosun Richarlison

(I hope I'm wrong).

July 24, 2018, 01:22:04 PM
Reply #58

Ramjam

Pickford

Schneiderlin    Gana

Sigurdsson

(I hope I'm wrong).
I hope you are as well
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 24, 2018, 01:56:23 PM
Reply #59

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
               Pickford

Schneiderlin    Gana

Sigurdsson

(I hope I'm wrong).

Might well be, everyone else including two players that we haven’t even signed.