September 23, 2018, 06:01:25 AM

Author Topic: Blackburn v Everton. Thursday 26th. K.O. 7.45.pm  (Read 4304 times)

July 27, 2018, 05:28:08 AM
Reply #300

kramer0

I would love to know what's going through Silva's head with some of these team selections.

It seems like there's a group we're playing so we can find buyers, a group Silva sees as his first choice players, and a small middle class that's been brushed aside despite being better than a lot of the players we're putting in the shop window.

But really I have no idea. Hopefully things will start to take shape soon.

July 27, 2018, 05:32:11 AM
Reply #301

gizzblue

I would love to know what's going through Silva's head with some of these team selections.

It seems like there's a group we're playing so we can find buyers, a group Silva sees as his first choice players, and a small middle class that's been brushed aside despite being better than a lot of the players we're putting in the shop window.

But really I have no idea. Hopefully things will start to take shape soon.

it's a good shout tbh ....lot of shop window shite playing below par ...is what I saw tonight .

July 27, 2018, 05:32:15 AM
Reply #302

Ramjam

Agree with that Kramer, the players hes given game time to in order to put them in the shop window has failed miserably, their stock has fallen further rather than increase when trying to display their worth to prospective buyers
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 27, 2018, 05:44:19 AM
Reply #303

Mayor Farnum

Pre-season or not we should be able to field a team of reserves that at least gives a team just promoted from the third tier of English football an argument.

July 27, 2018, 05:44:21 AM
Reply #304

School of Science

And...it is the words of A manager not delivering points trying to say that he shouldnt get sacked as They theorerically could have had 12 points as They have played 4 games even tough They have zero points. Get that point? Or as saying that the earth could have been flat if it actually was...

And breathe.... terrible result, but not the end of the world, no matter how flat you make it out to be. No points are lost, no injuries, players need to get fitter.

What do we know, our centre backs our shite, Our Director of Football is out trying to rectify that. Left back a veteran, we are talking to players, the manager thinks we need more and hopefully we'll get them. What we don't want are panic buys or a disjointed team like last year. And my point still stands if them chances go in its a different game, so just calm down a bit, still two weeks to go, pre season is about trying things out and getting fit, then the results should come.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 27, 2018, 06:28:08 AM
Reply #305

KevtheRat

but in the second half we arguably played our strongest 11 (bare Siggy and Holgate)

We still lost 0-1

im a very positive person, but atm, if we dont get a cb or 2 in, and a few cm's.. i fear wolves hammering us

maybe thats the 6 Desperados' ive had talking.. but.. im hoping this is like the pre season we had with Moyes when we finished 4th.. out current squad is x100 times better than that squad.. so... onto my 7th drink.

Your fascination with Holgate is bizarre.

July 27, 2018, 08:00:30 AM
Reply #306

SANA_DR0

just and wait and see what he becomes. As i've said before,'he is better than Stones at this age...

surprised you didnt say fascination with Besic.. as that would have been more understandable..
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

July 27, 2018, 10:09:02 AM
Reply #307

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No way is Holgate better than Stones at this age. I want to see more of Holgate at cb but hes done little to justify the spot so far.
"If you believe it will work out, youll see opportunities. If you believe it wont, you will see obstacles." Wayne Dyer

July 27, 2018, 11:10:30 AM
Reply #308

blue1948

Were you watching the same basic, The only passes he made were backwards.
No they weren't but the forward ones kept being short so he reverted to simple Ray Wilkins passes

July 27, 2018, 11:20:47 AM
Reply #309

blue1948

I fully support his view and there is a really good centre half in there ,if you cannot see that then look at yourself for bias and give the lad a chance .

July 27, 2018, 11:44:54 AM
Reply #310

Jamokachi

It seems like there's a group we're playing so we can find buyers

Nah, Silva's assessing the squad. No one buys players off how they perform in pre season. He's new to the job, still only a few weeks in. He's taking the opportunity to find out more about our fringe players, because he's got more to find out about them (the established players he'll know what they're all about).

July 27, 2018, 02:20:02 PM
Reply #311

TheTone

It's not the players, we just need the right coach.......

here we go, didn't take too long

July 27, 2018, 02:23:13 PM
Reply #312

Macca77

We're all in this together lads, it will take time for Silva to work his magic, need the fans to stay with him and not turn on him when things go a bit shit. He's not stupid, he knows what we need, he also now knows that this job is gonna be a lot harder than he expected

July 27, 2018, 03:11:12 PM
Reply #313

formerKHL

simple for me....33 first team squad players......Christ we're nearly an American football squad...

he has to eliminate some....to do that he has to play them in competitive games....

silva will have learned a hell of a lot from last night......and for the players he's now not happy with..they've just opened the exit door for themselves...

July 27, 2018, 03:15:17 PM
Reply #314

Normm

Well after that result, expect hefty premiums on any signings to strengthen our defence.

Time is running out and other teams/ agents know we are desperate.