October 18, 2019, 05:50:26 PM

Author Topic: Rennes v Everton - Saturday 28 July - 5:30pm  (Read 10169 times)

July 29, 2018, 01:30:09 AM
Reply #315

KoemansNumberTens

Silva's gotta huge job in his hands hasn't, no easy fix here

It's the whole lot. We've 30 odd players. A massive wage bill. Yet we'd struggle to field a 5 a side team of players that are good enough

July 29, 2018, 01:30:12 AM
Reply #316

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

July 29, 2018, 01:30:38 AM
Reply #317

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Set us up to defend because that's all he's been capable of doing throughout his career, mate.

True, but also we weren’t right at the back clearly. Remember that away game at Southampton?

Coleman and Pickford are for me the only two who should be starting out of current defensive options.

July 29, 2018, 01:31:15 AM
Reply #318

MmmblueBernard

Was Walsh and Koeman’s remit to assemble the slowest side in the EPL?

If it was, mission accomplished.

Back to this, though: if most of us accept that part of Martinez’ early success was down to inheriting an extremely well-drilled side that he then inspired and liberated, by the same token we should expect Silva to struggle early on with a team suffering from the negative, flabby hangover of the previous regime.

Hear hear. We look positively constipated. Awful slow football whilst the opposition runs rings around us.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 29, 2018, 01:31:33 AM
Reply #319

sam of the south

Pickford spraying balls to the flanks makes this better

Yeah, Hazard will definitely benefit from Jordan’s distribution ;)
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 29, 2018, 01:32:56 AM
Reply #320

themilkycoffees

Can we sell them all? Got laughed at the other day when I suggested we could easily be in trouble if no signings are made to improve the defence.

July 29, 2018, 01:33:12 AM
Reply #321

School of Science

Spineless display, no excuses, outfought and outplayed, Jagielka and Keane are one of the weakest, poorest combinations at centre half I've ever seen. Jagielka has an excuse, he's on his last legs, who the fuck justified spending £30m on Keane ? The cunt should be shot, put him up for sale and take whatever they offer.
Sigurdsson hardly put a pass right all game, Tosun was never involved apart from another header he should have buried, we are just awful, I'm half thinking these are trying to get Silva sacked.
Plus points Richarlison, played well, looks a player and took his goal well. Coleman was excellent our mom. Schneiderlin and Gueye played well together and Baines played okay. Sandro flattered to deceive, no end product.
I know it's only pre season  but surely we can defend better than this, almost every time Rennes went forward they looked like scoring, just like the previous friendly. Never want to see Keane in an Everton shirt again.
Sorry to sound like this but that was embarrassing to watch.

Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 29, 2018, 01:35:19 AM
Reply #322

Martip

Spineless display, no excuses, outfought and outplayed, Jagielka and Keane are one of the weakest, poorest combinations at centre half I've ever seen. Jagielka has an excuse, he's on his last legs, who the fuck justified spending £30m on Keane ? The cunt should be shot, put him up for sale and take whatever they offer.
Sigurdsson hardly put a pass right all game, Tosun was never involved apart from another header he should have buried, we are just awful, I'm half thinking these are trying to get Silva sacked.
Plus points Richarlison, played well, looks a player and took his goal well. Coleman was excellent our mom. Schneiderlin and Gueye played well together and Baines played okay. Sandro flattered to deceive, no end product.
I know it's only pre season  but surely we can defend better than this, almost every time Rennes went forward they looked like scoring, just like the previous friendly. Never want to see Keane in an Everton shirt again.
True says

July 29, 2018, 01:36:44 AM
Reply #323

sam of the south

I thought Schneiderlin and Gueye played well together if the plan was to create nothing and stop very little.

And Baines was penetrated more often than a seaside whore in the summertime. 
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 29, 2018, 01:39:30 AM
Reply #324

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
3 word review?

Rennes and stinky
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 29, 2018, 01:39:54 AM
Reply #325

Martip

I thought Schneiderlin and Gueye played well together if the plan was to create nothing and stop very little.

Tbf when you have no defence at all it's very difficult.

July 29, 2018, 01:40:18 AM
Reply #326

Lxxx

We’re all at least a little bit worried now, no?

July 29, 2018, 01:40:24 AM
Reply #327

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Yeah. Love Baines but after what he has done for us in a Blue shirt, I dont want to see him torn apart and the fans rip into them. You know what some sections of our crowd can be like. Digne needs to get bough soon, start and hopefully pick up and retain his form. I think we need two centre backs to do the same. Our defence is fucking woeful and opposition managers will do exactly what has been happening in preseason. Priority one.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 01:43:57 AM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

July 29, 2018, 01:42:53 AM
Reply #328

sam of the south

Can you imagine fielding that central midfield and defence against The Shite 😳
Henry David Thoreau

July 29, 2018, 01:43:21 AM
Reply #329

School of Science

Na not for me thought Schneiderlin / Gueye tried to go forward especially in the second half as much as they could. Trouble was the ball hardly stuck, Tosun was pretty anonymous imo. When Gueye went off, was it 2 or 3-1 down, we were wide open. As I said our centre of defence was no where to be seen.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15