October 14, 2019, 08:51:02 AM

Author Topic: Rennes v Everton - Saturday 28 July - 5:30pm  (Read 10131 times)

July 29, 2018, 01:45:43 AM
Reply #330

MmmblueBernard

We need to sign up the Silky Lee lad or whatever his name was. Properly tortured us today. Great prospect.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

July 29, 2018, 01:47:14 AM
Reply #331

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Can you imagine fielding that central midfield and defence against The Shite 😳

Front 3 of Mane, Shergar and Salah would at least each get a hattrick against us and todays performance. I need beer.

July 29, 2018, 01:47:19 AM
Reply #332

sam of the south

Na not for me thought Schneiderlin / Gueye tried to go forward especially in the second half as much as they could. Trouble was the ball hardly stuck, Tosun was pretty anonymous imo. When Gueye went off, was it 2 or 3-1 down, we were wide open. As I said our centre of defence was no where to be seen.

Oh yes, I agree that Tosun’s movement was non-existent, and that Gueye is a superb mopper upper, but even so, they don’t possess enough quality to make an impression on most football matches
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 29, 2018, 01:48:08 AM
Reply #333

Macca77

July 29, 2018, 01:49:36 AM
Reply #334

GrantyBoy78

Fella who sits next to me at work is a Wolves fan, he can’t wait.

July 29, 2018, 01:49:37 AM
Reply #335

Ross

Centre midfield is a big problem for us both defensively and offensively, in fact a pairing 3 Schneiderlin, Gana and Sigurdsson don’t really have a redeeming feature as a grouping.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 29, 2018, 01:51:20 AM
Reply #336

Shogun

Administrator
Fella who sits next to me at work is a Wolves fan, he can’t wait.

To be fair, they're getting way above their stations from what I've read online.

July 29, 2018, 01:51:33 AM
Reply #337

Waltzer

Didn't watch the game and please don't take this as gloating as we all want the same, but you could see this a mile off. I was worried from the get go that we were in shit and i have been accused of worrying and unnecessary panicking, but this is a massive few days for us and unless we spend some massive wedge we're in it....

July 29, 2018, 01:55:28 AM
Reply #338

GrantyBoy78

Centre midfield is a big problem for us both defensively and offensively, in fact a pairing 3 Schneiderlin, Gana and Sigurdsson don't really have a redeeming feature as a grouping.
Yep. Painfully highlighted in transition when our midfield can’t cover the ground to breakup attacks. Also, the main reason we can’t maintain possession, especially in the opposition half. If you can’t keep the ball and constantly lose it, you’re going to put the defence under pressure.

July 29, 2018, 01:55:35 AM
Reply #339

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't watch the game and please don't take this as gloating as we all want the same, but you could see this a mile off. I was worried from the get go that we were in shit and i have been accused of worrying and unnecessary panicking, but this is a massive few days for us and unless we spend some massive wedge we're in it....

A solid center back pairing and the scoreline wouldn't have been that. Not to mention we scored a perfectly good goal that was disallowed. We need a center defence asap though. Get that sorted and we have a foundation to work from. Jags and Keane both let the side down today.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 29, 2018, 01:57:43 AM
Reply #340

Lxxx

To be fair, they're getting way above their stations from what I've read online.

They’re full of optimism. Must be a nice feeling to have about your team.

July 29, 2018, 02:03:29 AM
Reply #341

Ross

Yep. Painfully highlighted in transition when our midfield can’t cover the ground to breakup attacks. Also, the main reason we can’t maintain possession, especially in the opposition half. If you can’t keep the ball and constantly lose it, you’re going to put the defence under pressure.

Just so one paced, unimaginative and lacking in tough defensive awareness. Like I said not a redeeming feature amount them and considering their ages there’s no potential for improvement either.

We’ll get cut through by a lot of teams with them 3 and then it’s onto a very slow and ponderous back line in reverse gear.   
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 29, 2018, 02:04:09 AM
Reply #342

GrantyBoy78

We're all at least a little bit worried now, no?
Worried there’s been no tangible benefit since bringing in a new manager. I wasn’t expecting an immediate upturn in quality of performances but I thought we’d at least adopt Silva’s approach - and we’d add quality to the squad, in time. What’s worrying is we look utterly shambolic. Like, proper ‘Koeman’ shambolic.

July 29, 2018, 02:05:49 AM
Reply #343

Waltzer

A solid center back pairing and the scoreline wouldn't have been that. Not to mention we scored a perfectly good goal that was disallowed. We need a center defence asap though. Get that sorted and we have a foundation to work from. Jags and Keane both let the side down today.
Hopefully,  but it isn't long before the season starts. Worrying when its less than 2 weeks away and you've only got 1of the back 4 you need

July 29, 2018, 02:09:34 AM
Reply #344

eyesalwaysblue

Stop flapping ya fannies it's a great team
I still despise Clive Thomas..