October 21, 2019, 12:41:34 AM

Author Topic: Rennes v Everton - Saturday 28 July - 5:30pm  (Read 10213 times)

July 29, 2018, 02:10:15 AM
Reply #345

GrantyBoy78

To be fair, they're getting way above their stations from what I've read online.
Agreed. Time will tell if theyíre a genuine candidate to finish 7th but theyíre a very solid, established team that have a defined way of playing. Couple with that with confidence and momentum...itís a pretty intimidating fixture, given our form. Playing away to a newly promoted team isnít ideal at the best of times.

July 29, 2018, 02:23:54 AM
Reply #346

TrevorSteven

Wins don't count but performances really do ,so that is bollox.

If yoy read my previous post both this year and last you would understand that I am purely ironic. Ofcourse it counts, Ofcourse this is A sign that we will struggle yet another year.

July 29, 2018, 02:25:09 AM
Reply #347

Morta75

should we get worry now... 2 games and 7 goals in the sack!

July 29, 2018, 02:26:07 AM
Reply #348

Eifel65

This is getting beyond comprehension. We have had so many managers in such a short time. They all can't be totally useless, so the rot has to be in the team.
Maybe time to start connecting the dots.

July 29, 2018, 02:31:37 AM
Reply #349

School of Science

Oh yes, I agree that Tosunís movement was non-existent, and that Gueye is a superb mopper upper, but even so, they donít possess enough quality to make an impression on most football matches

Just shows then that we need someone in midfield to hold the ball and be able to use it, a playmaker in the Arteta mould.
Stop flapping ya fannies it's a great team

Err we played in blue today mate.  :P
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

July 29, 2018, 02:38:10 AM
Reply #350

sam of the south

Just shows then that we need someone in midfield to hold the ball and be able to use it, a playmaker in the Arteta mould.
Err we played in blue today mate.  :P

Yeah, Sigurdsson ainít it.

That three today, other than Ganaís mopping, were porous, ponderous, and guileless.

In fact, I would say they were nearly as poor as the central defensive partnership.
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

July 29, 2018, 02:39:48 AM
Reply #351

TrevorSteven

This is getting beyond comprehension. We have had so many managers in such a short time. They all can't be totally useless, so the rot has to be in the team.
Maybe time to start connecting the dots.

You are spot on. Its about the players, worst part is that alot of these players would prosper if They move to another club. Player for player there are some quality here, but Its a team-game. There is no balance in the team. If you gonna dominate games and be in possession Tosun is not your striker. If you gonna sit back and pump the ball he may be. Its not about the quality of the players individually it is all about the mix and the style to go with it. Worry number one all of our midfieldplayers are the balancing player ik the midfield. Gueye may be A world beater if he has someone running deep and behind at his side i.e Problem is that we need to get rid of 20 players and replace them and Thats not possible...I predict A season with not even one match that gonna give us belief. But we are not getting relegated.

July 29, 2018, 02:48:32 AM
Reply #352

eyesalwaysblue

So apart from defence,midfield and attack we're ok..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

July 29, 2018, 04:17:03 AM
Reply #353

bluenuck

Stop flapping ya fannies it's a great team

Just need a decent coach, right?   ::)

Time for everyone to start calling like it is. We have below average players. Not only are they average at best, they all fit terrible together.

July 29, 2018, 04:17:29 AM
Reply #354

Normm

Don't worry lads, Big Sam will be back by xmas on £12 million a season contract. Lol

Arteta is another waiting in the wings, should things not work out ... (and it might not be long if things don't improve tout suite!)

I only hope with Marco that it's third time lucky trying to fix teams in relegation form. We need speed and quality at the back and the rest of the team playing like they know each other. After the Blackburn game, I said it's not yet time to panic.

Now it is. The alarms are going off! If we don't arrest these problems soon, we will be starting the season like Palace last year!

July 29, 2018, 04:22:35 AM
Reply #355

pedrotheblue

Fuck me, can't believe some are questioning the manager after a few friendlies.

Get a fucking grip lids

July 29, 2018, 04:27:38 AM
Reply #356

Mayor Farnum

So apart from defence,midfield and attack we're ok..

Well, the manager's still to prove himself as well but.....
Something clever written by someone else.

July 29, 2018, 04:48:48 AM
Reply #357

WeimaranerBlues

wont be worrying until we are 10 games in, and hope I won't be say oh well we saw all this coming after(seeing this in pre-season) and nothing has changed,    normally a team is vulnerable to pace or set plays ,   we are shite against both styles as seen in the last 2 games.

July 29, 2018, 04:55:05 AM
Reply #358

Normm

wont be worrying until we are 10 games in, and hope I won't be say oh well we saw all this coming after(seeing this in pre-season) and nothing has changed,    normally a team is vulnerable to pace or set plays ,   we are shite against both styles as seen in the last 2 games.

So, if we start the season like Palace last year, you won't be worrying until we are ten games in?

God forbid!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:08:17 AM by Normm »

July 29, 2018, 05:55:11 AM
Reply #359

Bluedylan

Fuck me, can't believe some are questioning the manager after a few friendlies.

Get a fucking grip lids

Just the usual suspects, who appear to actively enjoy any misfortune that the club endures.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.