October 15, 2019, 06:23:54 PM

Author Topic: Rennes v Everton - Saturday 28 July - 5:30pm  (Read 10138 times)

July 28, 2018, 07:34:03 PM
Read 10138 times

Mac934

Itís true thereís adage in the saying you canít polish a turd,
We canít possibly think we will challenge for Europe this season after 4 years of treading water, the only glimmer of hope is the way m&m have gone about their business.
A good steady progression this year and I will be happy.
So far with only 1 signing, possibly not the most urgent of positions, minus a few sparks of forward passing and movement, it's been the same old shit as last season. The new training regime doesn't appear to have improve the defending one little bit. As for playing two completely different teams in each match so far, when will we see a fully fit team for 90 minutes? If it's the Wolves game, we are in serious shite yet again. Now, if by some miracle, M and M get the signings they want, maybe things will improve, but again, this late in pre season doesn't give the new boys time to settle into the new environment unless they hit the ground running.

July 28, 2018, 07:36:51 PM
Reply #1

Mac934

Tbh mate it would calm a few of the flappers a bit on here,  but still means fuck all in the long run ....
our lot here need to realise there is no silverware it's all about fitness in reality .

I for one won't expect anything other than a pre season warm up .
as I quoted in another post. How do we know if they are fit if they only play 45 minutes per game? Is the first match they play the full 90 mins going to be against Wolves, I seriously hope not.

July 29, 2018, 12:10:39 AM
Reply #2

Mac934

Anyone that thinks results in preseason don't matter is crazy. And this is just getting embarrassing.
100% agree. If anyone still thinks results don't matter, just look at the performances. FFS what have they done in training????

July 29, 2018, 12:12:50 AM
Reply #3

Mac934

Jags is finished sadly.
Keane just wonít work in this system.
Williams is dire.
Holgate has failed to cement his place.

Ditch Mina who clearly isnít coming and get in a couple of Centre-backs who can play in this system.
What system would that be then ???

July 29, 2018, 01:11:25 AM
Reply #4

Mac934

Well Mr's Marco, Marcel and Moshiri, you have about 2 weeks to fix this, get a fucking grip!!!

July 29, 2018, 09:06:22 AM
Reply #5

Mac934

4th manager, new DoF and the same old squad making the same old mistakes, game after game. Do you think that come the first game everything will magically improve? Not a chance! I'm not normally 'doom and gloom' but what is there to look forward to?

July 29, 2018, 03:02:25 PM
Reply #6

Mac934

As the saying goes, ' you can't polish a turd'.
I feel sorry for Marco Silva having to sort this mess out.

July 29, 2018, 03:24:32 PM
Reply #7

Mac934

Maybe the same thought going through Walcott and Lookman's head too.