November 18, 2018, 01:15:14 AM

Author Topic: [News]Media links Pickford with move away from Everton as they find out he's actually pretty good  (Read 1363 times)

July 28, 2018, 06:03:35 PM
Reply #45

Paddockoldie

we would easily get 50 million if we sold him this summer. How much do you think we would get for him then?

How much we would spend to replace him? Oh, Everton need a keeper so slap another 10 on our average one..

July 28, 2018, 06:03:38 PM
Reply #46

Jamokachi

we would easily get 50 million if we sold him this summer. How much do you think we would get for him then?

More. But we don't need to sell, so what's the point?

July 28, 2018, 06:04:07 PM
Reply #47

Mayor Farnum

I reckon the shite will flog Salah because of a good prem season and a CL final. May as well cash in while he's hot eh?

If we could offer Pickford a chance at playing for the title and champions league we wouldn't have the problem in the first place. You need to base your arguments on more than just geography.

July 28, 2018, 06:12:02 PM
Reply #48

Ross

Not at all mate. The rumours are just that but the response from some on here is poor imo. Wave some money and the hands go up. Maybe it's my age but I'm a proud blue who's been through dark times and the highs. Indulging in these rumours gives them value.

Think some people are just seeing it from the point of view that we have a history of selling our best young players, and that’s not just from the dim and distant past either is it. Within the last two years we’ve watched Stones, Barkley and Lukaku being sold so why would Pickford be any different?

Having said that we’ve been up against the clock all this window with the advanced deadline hopefully now it turns into our advantage if there is anything in this.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 28, 2018, 06:15:34 PM
Reply #49

Cereal Killer

Fuck sake lads

One article from sky, well known for their love of all things Everton, and everyone's losing their shit

Maybe start the over the top panicking about how unambitious and shite we are when Chelsea even sell Courtois

July 28, 2018, 06:34:20 PM
Reply #50

Paddockoldie

If we could offer Pickford a chance at playing for the title and champions league we wouldn't have the problem in the first place. You need to base your arguments on more than just geography.

Who mentioned geography? You're point was based on Pickford's form in the WC as a way of capitalising on a fee if we sold him. Barca could offer Salah a better chance of actually winning the CL than they could but they'd fight to keep him because they see him as key to their own success and not someone else's. Fuck all to do with geography and more to do with knowing the value of what you have and your own ambitions.

July 28, 2018, 06:45:38 PM
Reply #51

Mayor Farnum

Who mentioned geography? You're point was based on Pickford's form in the WC as a way of capitalising on a fee if we sold him. Barca could offer Salah a better chance of actually winning the CL than they could but they'd fight to keep him because they see him as key to their own success and not someone else's. Fuck all to do with geography and more to do with knowing the value of what you have and your own ambitions.

Salah is much more irreplaceable than Pickford. We are not at the stage were we can make a plausible case of success to a player especially if a club with genuine title winning chances came in for him.
We have been unable to hang on to decent players for years now and I sure we wanted to keep them all, but players also know the clubs with real chances. However, my real point is the money would be too good to turn down, I don't rate Pickford as highly as most.

July 28, 2018, 06:54:12 PM
Reply #52

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Salah is much more irreplaceable than Pickford. We are not at the stage were we can make a plausible case of success to a player especially if a club with genuine title winning chances came in for him.
We have been unable to hang on to decent players for years now and I sure we wanted to keep them all, but players also know the clubs with real chances. However, my real point is the money would be too good to turn down, I don't rate Pickford as highly as most.

Thank god you're not the manager then.

We have a keeper who has the potential to rival Southall as our best ever. No side has ever been successful without a quality keeper at the back. We should do everything we can to hang on to him. Particularly as we don't put the ball in the other net so often.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 28, 2018, 06:56:58 PM
Reply #53

Mayor Farnum

Thank god you're not the manager then.

We have a keeper who has the potential to rival Southall as our best ever. No side has ever been successful without a quality keeper at the back. We should do everything we can to hang on to him. Particularly as we don't put the ball in the other net so often.

Personally think Martin was better than Pickford.

July 28, 2018, 06:57:31 PM
Reply #54

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Personally think Martin was better than Pickford.

Let's compare when Pickford reaches Martyn's age and experience.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

July 28, 2018, 07:05:48 PM
Reply #55

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Chelsea aren’t that club anymore, they don’t pay over inflated fees like they used to and it’s too late in the window for us to be considering selling for less than the world record fee that Liverpool just paid plus English player price bump.

At least 75 million now. At least, and that’d probably have add one to take it closer to 90. Chelsea wouldn’t pay that, I mean for goodness sake they just signed Rob Green...they don’t throw money about like they used to anymore it seems.

They’ll likely sign Schmeichel, in fact throwing Pickford’s name in is likely just to try and get a better price. It makes sense for Leicester too, they’ve just signed a new keeper plus given Schmeichel’s age and good World Cup showing it’s probably the best time to sell and get a great price.

July 28, 2018, 07:12:29 PM
Reply #56

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

We resisted bids for stones and Lukaku and got 3/4 very good years out of them before we sold them on.

That’s what we should be looking to do with Pickford. Not selling him with two weeks left of the window at the first sign of interest, then replacing him with pretty sub standard goalkeepers in comparison.

July 28, 2018, 07:15:08 PM
Reply #57

Paddockoldie

July 28, 2018, 07:15:50 PM
Reply #58

Mayor Farnum

We resisted bids for stones and Lukaku and got 3/4 very good years out of them before we sold them on.

That’s what we should be looking to do with Pickford. Not selling him with two weeks left of the window at the first sign of interest, then replacing him with pretty sub standard goalkeepers in comparison.

I think it all depends on price. Timing and the circumstances you have mentioned may even push the price up.

He's not irreplaceable.

July 28, 2018, 07:17:00 PM
Reply #59

Mayor Farnum

?? Relevance to this? 🤔

A previous reply suggested he was the next best we've had to Southall.